• 55 results
#1 Posted by redscare (462 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been a member on Comicvine for long, but I as winner of the Thanos Redesign contest I believe it is my duty to present the next costume challenge. And what a challenge I have!

( I checked and it didn't look like this had been done before. If so... oops)

The task at hand... design a new costume for Magneto!

Feel free to conceptualize him as either a force of good or a vile villain. (he's ping-ponged back and forth for years anyway)

The deadline June 29th, Midnight (EST)

- Can I trouble to pin this, please?

#2 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Brilliant choice for a contest, can't wait to enter :D

#3 Edited by Zymm (23 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zymm: Certain browsers used to give me a fit when trying to use some of the sites built in features. If you aren't already using Google Chrome, you might consider downloading it. That solved all my Whiskey Media site issues. You know, pre-buyout anyway.

#5 Posted by redscare (462 posts) - - Show Bio

- That looks good. You want me to post the picture for you?

#6 Posted by Zymm (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Redscare could you please post this for me, if its not against the rules?

http://i48.tinypic.com/o7k0h5.jpg

I used a mechanical pencil and tried my hand at coloring using gimp with my laptop, hopefully will be getting a drawing tablet soon!

Wanted to keep some of the things that i think make Magnetos costume so cool(helmet,cape). If any one has good drawing tutorials or digital painting, please send them my way.

Thanks!

#7 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zymm: When you do get your tablet, you'll love it. It took me a few days to get used to the transition, but once it all gels there really is nothing better. I love working digitally. Paper doesn't have an undo button like Photoshop does. ;)

#8 Posted by redscare (462 posts) - - Show Bio

Zymm's entry

#9 Posted by The_razors_edge (55 posts) - - Show Bio

This Mags has taken Wolverines metal bones and Colossus' skin and uses them as his armor.

#10 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio
Not an entry... Nyahahahaha!
#11 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad:

You Dork! Just kiddin' Buddy.... Wondered what happened to you. Kinda left me hangin' after your last message... :P

It should be a contest entry, it's purely awesome comedic talent you display, toooo funny, love it!

#12 Posted by LordRequiem (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Sorry, but that's just not funny at all. I don't understand the persuasion to post something completely irrelevant. I don't mean to offend, I just don't have a sense of humour that caters for silliness, when you could easily post a great valid entry.

#13 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem said:

@ssejllenrad: Sorry, but that's just not funny at all. I don't understand the persuasion to post something completely irrelevant. I don't mean to offend, I just don't have a sense of humour that caters for silliness, when you could easily post a great valid entry.

Actually it's harmless and if you know him you would understand. Not everyone has the same sense of humor and I'm sure you are already working on your entry, can't wait to see it!

Sadly it annoyed you but no one is paying us! If you are only spectating he is not doing anything wrong to you or anyone else and really with everything going on in the world, this really bothered you enough to take the time to complain? Wow!

My point is, don't take all of this so seriously, loosen up a bit... :)

#14 Posted by redscare (462 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: That's pretty funny. I actually just ate some McDonalds too just a few hours ago and I wasn't enthusiastic about it... perhaps my car was pulled in Mac-netically?

#15 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: Ha!

#16 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordRequiem: Chill man. I'm gonna post a real entry. :p

@RamsIllustrations: Thanks for the defense ol' buddy!

#17 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad:

Anytime Buddy! I thought it was brilliantly funny on your part....

Yeah, he was kind enough to take his grievances to PM me further on this.

#18 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine. I hope it's ok that I kinda used an earlier Magneto sketch that I inked differently so that the costume would be "new". If it ain't ok I'd be happy to do a new one. :D Cheers!

#19 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad:

If it was started before the contest but finished with more than half after the contest was begun, I don't see an issue. Hope "almost" everyone agrees...

Like the pose, great helmet and look for the head. Kinda, 300 meets Spawn and Mac-Neto, uh, I mean Magneto!

#20 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: My Mac-Neto was a better entry IMO... Hehehehe!

#21 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad:

One is kickass the other is, I'm rolling on the floor from laughing at something I didn't expect... :D

Two very different approaches, each with a different merit!

#22 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Wow that is awesome!

#23 Posted by EGoD (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my entry

#24 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: Heh, I like the way you worked the letter "M" in there on the coat, paldrons, and the gauntlets. I considered doing something similar but mine didn't look half as good as what you made up there. Fantastic work. :)

#25 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_razors_edge said:

This Mags has taken Wolverines metal bones and Colossus' skin and uses them as his armor.

Awesome. Love the design. Love the concept. I also like how the color scheme is a bit closer the original Ultimate Mags design as opposed to 616 Mags. This would make for an amazing alternate reality story. It'd be cool if his armor grew as he defeated other "metal heroes," Maybe he could have Iron Man's chest plate (perhaps enhancing his own power) or Blackbolts tuning fork on his helmet (possibly helping him to focus his abilities or increase their range). Just a thought.

Great stuff dude.

#26 Posted by EGoD (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: Thanks :) the original design did not have the pauldrons, it was an after thought cause I felt it was missing something.

#27 Posted by payno (990 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: You know, I've always thought Mags needed paldrons on his costume. I added them to my design as well. Of course I'm on my fourth version and still not sure it I'll even finish it by the deadline. But it's a good decision to add them.

As much as I have always liked Mag's design, it always puzzled me the way it was constructed. It looks like spandex with a few metal bits that don't particularly protect... anything. Of course he has his Magnetic Shield so I guess it fits, but still.

@payno: very nice man. I dig it.

#29 Posted by RMurray (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy jumpin jujubees, Payno and EGod's are just BEAUTIFUL. Picking one or the other would be like trying to pick between Cherry Coke and Cherry Vanilla Coke.

IMPOSSIBLE! :D

#30 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: @payno: I'm lovin these! These designs could work well in movies. I hope X-Men First Class 2. :D

@RMurray said:

Holy jumpin jujubees, Payno and EGod's are just BEAUTIFUL. Picking one or the other would be like trying to pick between Cherry Coke and Cherry Vanilla Coke.

IMPOSSIBLE! :D

#31 Posted by redscare (462 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff everyone!

Just a reminder... a little more then 2 days before voting opens!

#32 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm afraid I may not be done in time for the deadline. Soooo ... here's what I've got so far:

I will definitely update in case I get a chance to finish things ...

#33 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@UdontKnowMe:

Great Stuff, love the foreshortening!

#34 Posted by LordRequiem (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Now that piece I can appreciate greatly! Very nice design.

#35 Posted by LordRequiem (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

If I don't post a coloured version, then this'll be my entry.

#36 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by payno (990 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rockfall:  I am loving this costume. The red and grey colour scheme works really well.
#38 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Thank you!

#39 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to try and color this, but in case time doesn't allow it to be, I want to at least get the inked version submitted. :)

#40 Edited by redscare (462 posts) - - Show Bio

Since it looks like I will be out of town for the deadline and there have been a couple mentions of coloring entries, I'm pushing the deadline back to next Wednesday, July 4th @ Midnight EST. Figured I'd give some extra time since I won't be able to post the voting thread until then anyway... Hope to see some more great entries!

#41 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: You mean July 4th?

#42 Posted by LordRequiem (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: Thank you, that is much appreciated.

#43 Posted by redscare (462 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Oops. JULY 4th!

#44 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Woohoo! I finally finished my Magneto redesign! Let me know what you think:

... and one more for fun ...

#45 Posted by ARMIV2 (8676 posts) - - Show Bio

@UdontKnowMe said:

Woohoo! I finally finished my Magneto redesign! Let me know what you think:

... and one more for fun ...

That's really freaking cool, man! Really freaking cool!

#46 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (730 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. Color version. :)

This was my 7th version of this Magneto redesign. Everything from full armor to black leather and I finally ended on this one. Influenced heavily from the Age of Apocalypse Magneto.

#47 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Thank you! I tried a few new techniques this time around, and I think it worked out very well!

#48 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: @UdontKnowMe: Those are fantastic!

#49 Posted by theholypuma (7 posts) - - Show Bio

All the YESS to the MacNeto!!

#50 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

No, this isn't fair, why do you all have to be so freaking good? God, not looking forward to voting time :P