#1 Posted by payno (977 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I'd pick a villain as the subject of this costume contest. I'd like everyone to have a go at redesigning the costume of...

THANOS.

Deadline is June 10th.

#2 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh...!

#3 Posted by Blizaga101 (932 posts) - - Show Bio

Aah...! :P

#4 Posted by KEROGA (991 posts) - - Show Bio

he does need a new costume.

#5 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mah entry.

#6 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV2: This is great. The way you drew him, makes him look powerful.(Like he should be.) But I'm a little skeptical on the headgear. It kinda looks like shredders helmet from TMNT. Not that it makes it look horrible but that's just my honest opinion.  Still looks great, are you gonna color it?
#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ARMIV2: This is great. The way you drew him, makes him look powerful.(Like he should be.) But I'm a little skeptical on the headgear. It kinda looks like shredders helmet from TMNT. Not that it makes it look horrible but that's just my honest opinion. Still looks great, are you gonna color it?

Thank you. I think I see what you mean by the crest thingy lookin' like Shredder's helmet piece...thing, but that wasn't intentional at all.

As for coloring it...I didn't have any plans.

#8 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV2 said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ARMIV2: This is great. The way you drew him, makes him look powerful.(Like he should be.) But I'm a little skeptical on the headgear. It kinda looks like shredders helmet from TMNT. Not that it makes it look horrible but that's just my honest opinion. Still looks great, are you gonna color it?

Thank you. I think I see what you mean by the crest thingy lookin' like Shredder's helmet piece...thing, but that wasn't intentional at all.

I knew it wasn't intentional. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing and the headpiece fits the costume. Just had to mention it.  

Aw man. : (
#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

I knew it wasn't intentional. Don't get me wrong it looks amazing and the headpiece fits the costume. Just had to mention it. Aw man. : (

Well thank you once again.

The coloring thing is more of an issue of time for me.

#10 Posted by mikethekiller (8399 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

Here's mah entry.

Nice

#11 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Here's mah entry.

Nice

Thank you!

#12 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: That is really good, it fits very well. It reminds me of a more bad ass version of his "pilgrimage" attire when he came back after The End.

#13 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Augh! I'm on my 4th version. No matter what I make, it never feels like an improvement. Thanos is one of my favorite villains and it's really difficult trying to improve on it.

#14 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

@ARMIV2: That is really good, it fits very well. It reminds me of a more bad ass version of his "pilgrimage" attire when he came back after The End.

Thank you. I'm actually not familiar with that outfit.

#15 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2:

#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

@ARMIV2:

Ah.

#17 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: I love the pose. He should totally have an explosion going off right behind him.

Also, it looks like he just kicked The Shredder's ass and stole his hat ... awesome.

#18 Posted by payno (977 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@UdontKnowMe said:

@ARMIV2: I love the pose. He should totally have an explosion going off right behind him.

Also, it looks like he just kicked The Shredder's ass and stole his hat ... awesome.

Heh-heh, I was thinking about an explosion.

@payno said:

This is excellent!

#20 Posted by payno (977 posts) - - Show Bio
@ARMIV2: Thanks very much.
#21 Posted by KEROGA (991 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Ms. Omega (4469 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2:

OOOH I like :)

#23 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

@ARMIV2:

OOOH I like :)

Hmm-hm, I'm very glad you do!

#24 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno said:

That is EPIC! Looks like how Thanos would look if he were in Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes... awesome!!!

#25 Posted by Zymm (23 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Zymm (23 posts) - - Show Bio

First character i've ever completed...if anyone has any tips on heads/faces let me know!
#27 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zymm said:

This is really pretty good, man. Well done.

#28 Posted by karbacca (143 posts) - - Show Bio

I'M BACK!....so yeah, i'm back, decided this one sounded like fun and a bit of a challenge. So here is my entry to this contest (Soon to be colored)

#29 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1049 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still here...Uh, Yeah, I'm still here! : P

...and this is my entry unless I color it.

Oh, by the way...I'm still here!

Sorry Karbacca I couldn't help it. :)

#30 Posted by redscare (443 posts) - - Show Bio

This is an awesome design!

#31 Posted by Zymm (23 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zymm said:

I re-did the first drawing. Still have a ways to go to be competitive with you all!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2715/imag0156111.jpg

Not sure why but the upload image buttons wouldnt show up for me. Could some one post my drawing correctly? Thanks!

Very nice image ya got there. I think even better than the original one you did.

This contest is gonna be epic come voting time.

#33 Posted by Zymm (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Thanks, yours has a very cool feel to it.

#34 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: Wahahahahahaha! I'm still laughing my *ss off buddy... :D I didn't even realize the woman on the lower right till now. Wahahahaha!

#35 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zymm said:

@ARMIV2: Thanks, yours has a very cool feel to it.

Thank you!

#36 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1049 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by redscare (443 posts) - - Show Bio
Here's my design. I tried to keep the familiarity of his classic look and just slightly modernize him. The coloring didn't come out quite as I had hoped, but I'm happy with it nevertheless.
#38 Posted by redscare (443 posts) - - Show Bio
Cropped and enlarged my entry.
#39 Posted by Project_Worm (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww lame how did I not see this? I guess I should get to work

#40 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not kidding in the least when I say that I made 10 different versions of Thanos for this contest. I tried building the Infinity gems into the suit, first to match the flow of chi on the katra scale. That made him look like he had clown buttons. Then I put them on his chest, fists, helmet, and belt. Then I gave him a giant scythe to tie in to his lady Death. Then several different iterations of each of those concepts. None of them felt like an improvement on Thanos' basic design. He's always been one of my favorite villains and I feel he's pretty close to perfect in his design.

So I said screw it all and decided to just skip this contest. Then my best friend gave me a suggestion. A suggestion so ballsy I couldn't ignore it. And here is the fruit of that labor:

#41 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1049 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13:

Love it!!

#42 Edited by Blizaga101 (932 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanted to go for something very military... nuff said :P

edit: oh aye and i kinda created my own infinity gauntlet aswell for extras :D

#43 Posted by EGoD (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my entry, kept him kinda simple.

#44 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare said:

Cropped and enlarged my entry.

Very cool picture, I think you accomplished your goal, modernizing him, but keeping him familiar. I think the blue should be darker, but as you said the color didn't come out the way you want, and I'm no artist so i'm not really in a place to judge.

@ARMIV2:Yours is quite impressive as well. I really, really like the look you gave him. You are a talented artist for sure, keep up the awesome pictures. When I figure out what I want, might have to ask you to draw it, lol, love your style.

#45 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, voting is gonna be epic.

#46 Posted by payno (977 posts) - - Show Bio