• 118 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
Psylocke by Mark Brooks

For this Costume Contest, create a NEW costume for Psylocke. Avoid using the "old" Elizabeth Braddock design and avoid using Psylocke's current "butt thong" costume.

Please avoid any alternate Earth or video game character costume designs as well.

The goal is to create a new costume for Psylocke. She's had the same costume for too long!

Any medium accepted.

EDIT: Contest ends August 14th, 2011, @ 11:00AM Central Standard Time, USA.

( sorry I had the wrong date )

HAVE FUN!

#2 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Choice ! Should have lots of entries for this one !

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207: Thanks! Been wanting to see a new costume for Psylocke for a long time. I agree, hopefully there will be plenty of entries for this one!

#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

look foward to seeing what you guys come up with

#5 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: damn, no butt thong, there goes my idea XD

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Sorry my man, but really want to see something new for Psylocke. Not that she looks bad but that costume she sports, its time for a change, even if its just here in the Artist Forum!

#7 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Super awesome idea and this shall be butt loads of fun!

#8 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrUnknown: Thanks, and Bwa Ha Ha to the butt loads of fun! :)

#9 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I am ON this!!!

#10 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O@tonis: Even though I may already have my hands full ( I just got a paying artist job on top my full time job) I'm going to try to throw something together just for Tonis. He always likes my eye candy !
#11 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: Cool, can't wait to see your work. @Raven0207: Really? Well, congratulations on landing the art job. Never hurts to have extra income, especially if its from doing something you enjoy! Also, hope you submit some really innovative designs for Psylocke, as I suspect you will.

#12 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: I'll have to think something new up, I was like Tonis  " What no Thong" XD
#13 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207 said:

@Decept-O: I'll have to think something new up, I was like Tonis " What no Thong" XD

hehe, it just works so well on her but I'm sure you'll come up with something just as sexy :D

congrats on the new work buddy, that's really awesome.

#14 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207: You can still think of something. Again, the purpose of this is to create a new costume. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the butt floss thong in general, but Psylocke needs new threads after how many years now?

#15 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited to give it a go :D

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sky_Jokiel: Glad to hear.

#17 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

Does the costume need to be xmen related, like a uniform or can it be completely original
#18 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: It can be completely original! Anything you can think of, all I ask is that you don't use the current one nor the old Betsy Braddock look. A new costume, whatever you create within these guidelines accepted. :)

#19 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio


heres a sketch of my idea....  

 

         




 

#20 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:


                   

@Decept-O: damn, no butt thong, there goes my idea XD



                   

               

ROFL! it's sad to think that is where your first thought goes to.
#21 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:
@tonis said:


                   

@Decept-O: damn, no butt thong, there goes my idea XD



                   

               
ROFL! it's sad to think that is where your first thought goes to.
We all know by now how tonis's mind functions. :P I also know he's going to pull something sneaky to make up for the thongless-ness!!!
#22 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool1109 said:

@EGoD said:
@tonis said:

@Decept-O: damn, no butt thong, there goes my idea XD

ROFL! it's sad to think that is where your first thought goes to.
We all know by now how tonis's mind functions. :P I also know he's going to pull something sneaky to make up for the thongless-ness!!!

hehe, well I do believe in consistency when it comes to how the mind works :D

I'm sure we're creative enough that we can give ole Betsy a new suit that looks just as sexy without the strings.

#23 Edited by payno (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I tried to incorporate elements of Ninja and Samurai outfits into this redesign of Psylocke, along with added lightweight body armour.  I thought the long robes would look great when she was in motion, especially when she's fighting.
 
 
 
 

 
#24 Edited by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: . Excellent design, I love a lot about it. Fantastic job! I agree, I think the robes would look great, give her actions a lot of emphasis. I love the "psi sword" as well.

#25 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job so far guys. Hmm... I just might give it a go.
#26 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

man this character suck! I never liked her...who ever heard of a sexy asian ninja with a british accent...ridiculous. I wont enter...I WONT! 
 
*either Fuzzy has lost his mind or...This Is Just The Introduction To The Opposites..!! 
 
I LOVE IT!  
I got a idea,,,pretty much keep with the opposite theme and see how it goes

#27 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edgeworth_11: Looking forward to your creative design. Great! @Mrfuzzynutz: Sounds like you have a really great idea, can't wait to see what you've got brewing!

#28 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

dang im only gone for a day and all these contests pop up. damn im late. well here's my psy. fast, and i tried to use no ink lines. still working on how to color and shade. tried to avoid asian fetishizing, minus the tattoo. been watching a lot of mad men. 
 

#29 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@deadpool1109 said:

@EGoD said:
@tonis said:

@Decept-O: damn, no butt thong, there goes my idea XD

ROFL! it's sad to think that is where your first thought goes to.
We all know by now how tonis's mind functions. :P I also know he's going to pull something sneaky to make up for the thongless-ness!!!

hehe, well I do believe in consistency when it comes to how the mind works :D

I'm sure we're creative enough that we can give ole Betsy a new suit that looks just as sexy without the strings.


lol, I think I need to say this before Tonis actually does it, assless chaps do not count as an option to the thongless-ness.  I tried working on this contest while AION was down for an upgrade but then it came online and well.....we'll see.
#30 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: sweet design, I like both the light armor and the robes idea, she'd look like a work of art in motion for sure :)

@gunjin: mad men kicks butt, gotta catch up myself there. Nice job on the rendition, it's got kind of a glamorish type feel to it.

@EGoD said:

@tonis said:

@deadpool1109 said:

@EGoD said:
@tonis said:

@Decept-O: damn, no butt thong, there goes my idea XD

ROFL! it's sad to think that is where your first thought goes to.
We all know by now how tonis's mind functions. :P I also know he's going to pull something sneaky to make up for the thongless-ness!!!

hehe, well I do believe in consistency when it comes to how the mind works :D

I'm sure we're creative enough that we can give ole Betsy a new suit that looks just as sexy without the strings.

lol, I think I need to say this before Tonis actually does it, assless chaps do not count as an option to the thongless-ness. I tried working on this contest while AION was down for an upgrade but then it came online and well.....we'll see.

lol @ the assless chaps idea. They may not count but if you can pull them off with any character and have it still look cool it'd be here :D

I shudder to think of the withdrawal symptoms you go through when AION does that.

#31 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I am so doing this. 

#32 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: thanks, im thinking of scrapping it and redoing the whole thing.
#33 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunjin: That's a real nice take on the concept, good job. @tonis: OK, will be the stick in the mud here, but umm...no nudity. I wouldn't mind that design of "getting away" with not using the butt thong though. I don't know what Comic Vine is going to do with you and EgoD. Just bring on your mad skillz guys, can't wait to see what you've got cooking. @ragdollpurps: I hope so, it will be great to see more entries soon.

#34 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@payno: sweet design, I like both the light armor and the robes idea, she'd look like a work of art in motion for sure :)

@gunjin: mad men kicks butt, gotta catch up myself there. Nice job on the rendition, it's got kind of a glamorish type feel to it.

@EGoD said:

@tonis said:

@deadpool1109 said:

@EGoD said:
@tonis said:

@Decept-O: damn, no butt thong, there goes my idea XD

ROFL! it's sad to think that is where your first thought goes to.
We all know by now how tonis's mind functions. :P I also know he's going to pull something sneaky to make up for the thongless-ness!!!

hehe, well I do believe in consistency when it comes to how the mind works :D

I'm sure we're creative enough that we can give ole Betsy a new suit that looks just as sexy without the strings.

lol, I think I need to say this before Tonis actually does it, assless chaps do not count as an option to the thongless-ness. I tried working on this contest while AION was down for an upgrade but then it came online and well.....we'll see.

lol @ the assless chaps idea. They may not count but if you can pull them off with any character and have it still look cool it'd be here :D

I shudder to think of the withdrawal symptoms you go through when AION does that.

Talking about strings!! I figured youd probably just wrap her up in bits of string to cover her here and there. :P
#35 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:  
It's not so bad, it's only when they are updating with new game features and instances that really gets my withdrawl jitters going.  

@Decept-O

lol CV can't handle me, just be thankful I show a moderate level of restraint with my posts :D
#36 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

@gunjin: That's a real nice take on the concept, good job. @tonis: OK, will be the stick in the mud here, but umm...no nudity. I wouldn't mind that design of "getting away" with not using the butt thong though. I don't know what Comic Vine is going to do with you and EgoD. Just bring on your mad skillz guys, can't wait to see what you've got cooking. @ragdollpurps: I hope so, it will be great to see more entries soon.

not to worry buddy, I don't think anyones gonna try to pull her off nekkid ;)

we're silly, not stupid XD

#37 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: Aww! You stole all my hopes! D:
#38 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: I know I know--I have to be the one who's the party pooper. It would be lovely to see your "cheeky" version if we could!! Bwa Ha Ha! I just trolled you, my man, I just trolled you. :)

#39 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@Decept-O said:

@gunjin: That's a real nice take on the concept, good job. @tonis: OK, will be the stick in the mud here, but umm...no nudity. I wouldn't mind that design of "getting away" with not using the butt thong though. I don't know what Comic Vine is going to do with you and EgoD. Just bring on your mad skillz guys, can't wait to see what you've got cooking. @ragdollpurps: I hope so, it will be great to see more entries soon.

not to worry buddy, I don't think anyones gonna try to pull her off nekkid ;)

we're silly, not stupid XD


Well we can always do a DA variant ! Then you can do what ever you want . I have a idea in my head for her so once I finish tonights piece for the Art mash I may put it down to see if I like it.
#40 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio
Thought I would give her some real people clothing 
#41 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sky_Jokiel: nice job, that is realistic fashion. Cool how you curved the top. Bitchin sword too :)

#42 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sky_Jokiel: Nice job, man.

#43 Posted by Project_Worm (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hell yeah im on this like flies on poop(like my pops used to say)

#44 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

Okaaaaay, here it is, my entry, my first ever piece that I've submitted here on the vine! Please be gentle!! I used pencil and colouring pencil (plus some computer editing)

I'm no photoshop wizard so I did some basic editing on Picnik, just to spruce it up a  bit :)  But I would love for someone to make it look professional looking on photoshop if there's any takers? ;)
 
(Also, the thing tied round her waist is a ribbon with a large bow, but that got lost in the scanning and editing :( )
 
For this costume design, I was going for a mix of traditional Japanese culture with an contemporary X-Men costume.I also tried to make it traditional, but practical, if Psylocke's gonna be doing major high kicks, she can't be wearing a dress! The tattoo on her leg is, I believe, the syllables, or a way of saying Butterfly in Japanese. Her jacket is a pretty traditional X-Men jacket with a high collar, just because I thought she looked cool with a high collar ;) The jacket also has a red X logo and the sides of the jackets have a kind of yellow ridging thing (I was trying to channel the Grant Morrison era costumes). 
 
On her right arm, I put a Japanese kimono sleeve, which is always cool for aesthetics. The other arm is bare, minus one of those blue ninja arm thingies, which I included just as a little nod to her famous buttkini costume. But apart from that, I stayed completely away from her old costume designs.  Her left leg is a standard ninja trouser outfit, complete with those camel toe shoes (which I hate btw, but I thought fitted the ninja look nicely). On her other leg she's wearing shorts, along with the Butterfly tattoo, plus ninja bandages round her shin and finally some traditional Japanese sandals, which would hurt like hell if they hit you square in the face with a flying ninja kick! 
 
Her hairstyle (my personal favourite part) is a traditional Japanese hairstyle, a tad reminiscent of her X-Treme X-Men style hair. Her bangs have bells attached to them. I added these because in my head, when Psylocke attacks an enemy, the first thing they hear is that awesome Japanese bell sound (I basically ripped that whole idea from Kenpachi from Bleach!) 
 
On a side note, I wanted to make Betsy look Japanese, and I hoped I achieved that. I also love when she's drawn with freckles (ala Adam Hughes), so I included a few of those. I put in a huge one sided butterfly effect, because who doesn't love that! And finally I wanted her psychic knife to have a smokey effect (ala Michael Turner/Kenneth Rocafort) which I hope you guys got, plus the traditional 'black crackling energy) 
 
Arghh sorry about that boring explanation, but I wanted you guys to understand my choices :) 
 
Good luck to every who enters!!
#45 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: A very nice job indeed. I don't think you should worry about anyone helping you with any Photoshop but that's your call. I say that because I like it the way it is. Glad you entered!@cosmo111687: I see a lot of Samurai gear on her and that's really cool. I also like how you incorporated the "psi butterfly" as her mask, that is a nice take. Great job!

#47 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog: here's a copy with some level adjustments to shift it more toward the whites. Very nice job on the drawing by the way :)

#48 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanks a lot @tonis and @Decept-O
 
 
@Baddamdog: awesome art I don't know if you have Photoshop or not but i found that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUllhU2WoCk these tutorials really helped me with the basics 
#49 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: Thank you :D 
@tonis: Thanks a lot! I appreciate it so much that you would take time to do that :) 
@Sky_Jokiel: Thank you! Ah excellent! I'm going to use these for the future
#50 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

Heres my entry. After my first sketch i sorta looked to different subjects for inspiration. I was planning something samurai or ninja, but then i thought of Rambo as inspiration and got sketching.