• 54 results
#1 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is all the crazy awesome costumes the the people here at the vine came up with. 

RedRobin92:

karbacca:  

foldingstar

payno

Gambit1024

EGoD:  

DavidR

FrischDVH

Voting ends on the 8th

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit1024.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
EGoD.
#4 Posted by _slim_ (13028 posts) - - Show Bio

DavidR.

#5 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

massively cool designs in every entry for this one.

DavidR

That's one of the most polished jobs on everything from the pencils, inks, to colors, that I've seen from you since coming onto vine :)

#6 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

FrischDVH.

It's otherworldly...which is exactly how Mysterio should appear!

#7 Posted by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
payno
#8 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

DavidR - that freaky looking eye in the dome and the eight ball are tops.
#9 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

EgoD.

#10 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, wow this was an amazing turnout! 
FrischDVH... 

but I must say it was a hard vote =)
#11 Edited by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambit1024's design gets my vote. Not overly intricate, but looks mysterious and sorta mystical and we can still tell who it is. I would've voted for payno's if a cape of some sort was incorporated into the design. Can't have Mysterio without the big cape!
#12 Posted by Billy Batson (56951 posts) - - Show Bio

They all look great! 

But if I had to choose it would be DavidR.

BB

#13 Posted by Shatterstar (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with Egod, tough to call, I could easily vote for like five of them.

#14 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

EgoD

#15 Posted by IcePrince_X (4636 posts) - - Show Bio

DavidR

#16 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Panyo

#17 Posted by deadpool1109 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

FrischDVH, incredible detail, outlandish design, makes Mysterio seem supernatural!!!

#18 Posted by The Lobster (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

egod

#19 Posted by UdontKnowMe (143 posts) - - Show Bio
FrischDVH
#20 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@UdontKnowMe said:
FrischDVH
Same here.
#21 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

FrischDVH

#22 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11353 posts) - - Show Bio

DavidR But I like EGoD's and gambit1024 a lot to.

#23 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

davidr

#24 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

FrischDVH. The amount of detail is exceptional.

#25 Posted by ssejllenrad (12783 posts) - - Show Bio
FrischDVH gets my vote... 

DavidR and EGoD ties in second place for me.
#26 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (884 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Payno had the best version, classic but a modern flare

#27 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

EGoD

#28 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34404 posts) - - Show Bio

EGoD.

#29 Edited by The_razors_edge (55 posts) - - Show Bio

FrischDVH
#30 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio
FrischDVH:
#31 Posted by RedRobin92 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

EGod

#32 Posted by Spidermayne (169 posts) - - Show Bio
FrischDVH
#33 Posted by GreenArrow789 (25 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambit1024
#34 Posted by lg (1 posts) - - Show Bio
FrischDVH
#35 Posted by Gryphynx (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think FrischDVH's image is scarily awesome. 

#36 Posted by Shatterstar (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

Project_Worm might be out so I'll go ahead and call it - Frisch ran away with this one, with EGoD and DavidR taking 2nd and 3rd- congrats Frisch! Looking forward to the next one.

#37 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Frisch! =)
#38 Posted by RedRobin92 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to go Frisch, great work

#39 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

FrischDVH 

I am not altogether convinced that that is actually DavidR's work.
#40 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponmaster said:

FrischDVH  I am not altogether convinced that that is actually DavidR's work.

That's kinda funny. Anyone that knows me, knows that's my art. Been doin' this a long time. Your comment is definitely a first for me.... In it's own way it's a compliment.  ; P

I guess you are really gonna doubt my new stuff I'm workin' on, hehehe... 

Actually you are right. Technically I am not DavidR, I am Robert Schaupp!
#41 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponmaster said:

FrischDVH I am not altogether convinced that that is actually DavidR's work.

I'd have to totally disagree, Knowing Robert and speaking to him regularly I've seen his work and style progression as he prepares his portfolio and this is consistent with his output.

#42 Posted by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@weaponmaster said:

FrischDVH I am not altogether convinced that that is actually DavidR's work.

I'd have to totally disagree, Knowing Robert and speaking to him regularly I've seen his work and style progression as he prepares his portfolio and this is consistent with his output.

Thanks man, I was feeling a chill from a drafty "EmptyTomb" , seems it's full of hot air, Uuh, I mean cold air...yeah that's it! : P
#43 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@weaponmaster: Is it because this one is color? I think the majority of DavidR's work is black and white, but this really looks like his style. I can usually identify certain artists' works and styles and this really has the appearance that this is indeed his work.

I know there are some people on the artist forum who trace and then claim its their own work, which bothers me to the Nth degree, but I don't think that is the case here!

#44 Posted by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:

@weaponmaster: Is it because this one is color? I think the majority of DavidR's work is black and white, but this really looks like his style. I can usually identify certain artists' works and styles and this really has the appearance that this is indeed his work.

I know there are some people on the artist forum who trace and then claim its their own work, which bothers me to the Nth degree, but I don't think that is the case here!

Thanks Decept-O, I am not a very good tracer. It's easier when I just draw it myself. I have a light box that I bought when I was in my teens and have rarely ever used. I hate the results tracing my own art to a larger page. Looks dull and stiff to me. If it's about the colors, I never say I am a colorist but since I have been on the Vine I have experimented with different programs and now I found one that really gets the results I like.
#45 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@DavidR: I won't even allow myself to think about tracing, even my own work. I had an art teacher who was adamant (ium) about his students drawing free hand. Even from photo references and the like, it was always free hand. Never used a light box but I understand it can help a lot of people for certain things.

No, I can tell this is yours, and the colors on this one really grabbed me. Whatever program you used, or however you did it, it looks incredible.

Perhaps weaponsmaster just didn't recognize this as one of your own because of the colors but I can't speak for him. Again, nice job on this Mysterio.

#46 Posted by Project_Worm (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shatterstar:  
I was just about to do this, so thanks.  

Congrats Mr. Frisch I look forward to your Idea hopefully I dont forget enter that one, :p
#47 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

Congrats Frisch :) 

@DavidR

Gotta say this, will the real DavidR please stand up. 

#48 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:

Congrats Frisch :) 

@DavidR
:  Gotta say this, will the real DavidR please stand up. 

David won't be around much, the government keeps him very busy. He is a close old friend of mine that I use his first name for all my crap accounts like trash Email accounts. Hehehe...

I saw some comments over a year ago that where directed towards an artist that as far as I know has nothing to do with the Vine. They where pretty crappy and so I created the account never thinking I would use it other than to defend the artist under verbal (written) attack. Then I kinda started posting my work and stuck around longer than I thought I would and it's been a good creative experience for me. Now I kinda got used to it and many on here are familiar with my art so I stuck with it. 
 If I get published sometime in the future and maintain work in the field I probably will open a new profile. 

There you go, the real David, without the R as far as I know has only been on here once to check out my art, his only tie in interest to comicbooks, is he loves Wolverine and is in one of my drawings fighting next to Wolvie, other than that he does secretive stuff for Uncle Sam and probably won't stand up. : P
#49 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio
@DavidR
lol , I was only teasing but that's an interesting look into your log in name.  I guess some people have quite a history to what they use (mine just comes from my old log in I used at the 8DS forums and since it was fairly long, everyone short formed it to the initials.  I just stuck with it and used it at any sites I was a member at).  Shame on you for using a friend as trash, that's not very friend like of you.   Ha ha ha.
#50 Posted by tbone1225 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

EGoD