• 61 results
Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Backflip

Unlucky Frisch for missing the deadline. That was one awesome rendition of Ms. Marvel.

Kamitosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Kamitosis

Indeed that is an awesome design and I love the energy blast.  

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By tonis
@FrischDVH: aw man, that's gorgeous. Would have been a great contender. 
Best use of white by all entries.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By Decept-O
@FrischDVH:
Incredible!
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#55  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@FrischDVH said:
"

See this is why I should write down the expiration dates for the contest. Alas, good luck contestants!

No Caption Provided
"
This looks amazing, I like how you used the lightning bolt, nice design. My only complaint would be the white, it's probably just me, but I don't know, the white just seems a bit....off, maybe it's because I'm not use to seeing Carol in a white outfit, use to the red and black, or black and yellow. Other than that, this looks great! :D
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tonis
@War Killer said:
This looks amazing, I like how you used the lightning bolt, nice design. My only complaint would be the white, it's probably just me, but I don't know, the white just seems a bit....off, maybe it's because I'm not use to seeing Carol in a white outfit, use to the red and black, or black and yellow. Other than that, this looks great! :D "
actually, Ms M was white when it wasn't Carol in the 80's for a bit. Didn't even remember about that till I saw this :)
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#57  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@tonis said:
" @War Killer said:
This looks amazing, I like how you used the lightning bolt, nice design. My only complaint would be the white, it's probably just me, but I don't know, the white just seems a bit....off, maybe it's because I'm not use to seeing Carol in a white outfit, use to the red and black, or black and yellow. Other than that, this looks great! :D "
actually, Ms M was white when it wasn't Carol in the 80's for a bit. Didn't even remember about that till I saw this :) "
Really? Huh, I've only seen Carol's classic and warbird uniform.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By tonis
@War Killer said:
" @tonis said:
" @War Killer said:
actually, Ms M was white when it wasn't Carol in the 80's for a bit. Didn't even remember about that till I saw this :) "
Really? Huh, I've only seen Carol's classic and warbird uniform. "
no it wasn't Carol, and actually as I went to go find a pic I realized it was the Captain Marvel they used in the late 80's. Not the Ms.
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By frischdvh

Thanks for the response and kudos guys. The costume color and design actually stem from various points. The white was chosen as an homage to Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar/Monica Rambeau. After choosing the white, I patterned the rest after Count Nefaria's costume design. I don't like the lightning bolt as an Icon. Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel needs the star. Thats why I put the bolt lower on the waist and the star on the chest.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By tonis
@FrischDVH said:
"

Thanks for the response and kudos guys. The costume color and design actually stem from various points. The white was chosen as an homage to Captain Marvel/Photon/Pulsar/Monica Rambeau. After choosing the white, I patterned the rest after Count Nefaria's costume design. I don't like the lightning bolt as an Icon. Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel needs the star. Thats why I put the bolt lower on the waist and the star on the chest.

"
I'm in complete agreement on the bolt vs the star with both the Cap and the mizzus. It was always more classic with the star.
Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

This idea for Carol's Captain Marvel uniform comes from the Ultimate Captain Marvel idea mixed with Thor and the Warriors Three movie costumes. This could work for Carol's Captain Marvel movie costume. The Earth bound characters like Cap and Black Widow in the Avengers wear uniforms that look more like fabric and have straps and zippers and pouches. But Thor and Loki and the Warriors Three wear highly elaborate designed armor. Of coarse, like Thor, she would only have the helmet for a small scene and then never wear it again. Unless the actress is like Hugo Weaving or the actor who played Loki and she doesn't mind wearing the helmet.

I made the armor more rusty reddish (like how the Warrior's Three's armor were colorful) instead of silver like the Ultimate version. Her clothing under the armor would be like Thor's pants, fabric but still trying to look alien. (When Mar-Vell is wearing the armor I imagine his skin would be glowing blue like Dr. Manhattan in the Watchmen movie.) So he would still have the red and blue color scheme from the 616 Captain Mar-Vell, and the glowy thing of Genis-Vell. The idea would be that this is Kree (Mar-Vell's) armor that he gave her as he was dying. The Kree tech converted it to her body. Now she uses his alien armor and technology to protect, sort of like an extremely advanced Iron Man armor from space.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This version has what could be glowy areas on her armor.

No Caption Provided

meant to be designs for Captain Marvel's (Carol and Mar-Vell) armor for the movie. In the movies Earth bound characters like Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury, wear unifoms that look like thick fabric and have pouches and zippers and straps. Cap, Black Widow, Fury, Hawkeye, from the Avengers movie. But because Thor and Loki and all of Asgard are not of Earth they made their clothing and armor look different. They didn't make Thor look like he was wearing a costume like he does in the comics. Thor and Loki from the Avengers movie.

So, my idea is that like Thor Captain Mar-Vell is from another world that is not like ours. He is an alien soldier who wears alien looking armor. When he dies he gives his alien Kree armor and alien Kree technology to Carol Danvers. The armor converts to her body. The armor isn't leather, its a reddish metal like the Warriors Three or Loki's armor that was colored and not just silver. Maybe I should have made it more red. There are alien designs and writing on it that I drew here as squiggles because I don't know how to write in Kree. My idea here would be to make it look more like Cap's or Black Widow's fabric uniforms to make it look more like an Earthling is using alien armor instead of just an alien version of Iron Man. I don't think they will make Mar-Vell's costume in the movie look like a costume, I thin it will look like armor and be more like the Ultimate version. My thinking is that if she is an extension of Mar-Vell, she might need to look like it.

These are the designs I tried to merge together and manipulate into this movie design I drew:

No Caption Provided
Mar-Vell
Mar-Vell
Mar-Vell
Mar-Vell
Captain Marvel (2012) #1 Variant
Captain Marvel (2012) #1 Variant
Back from the dead, again
Back from the dead, again