• 61 results
#1 Posted by Kamitosis (218 posts) - - Show Bio

I apologize for the delay, I wasn't aware I had to pick the next one.  

So my pick is Ms. Marvel aka Carol Danvers.  

After encountering the Kree hero Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers was accidentally subjected to otherworldly radiation that genetically transformed her into a superhuman Kree warrior. She became known as Ms. Marvel, and has established herself as one of Marvel's most powerful and prominent heroines.  

Here are some pics to get you started. 

Guidelines are anything goes in terms of medium. Deadline is January 20th. Midnight eastern time. 

Here are some pics to get you started.

#2 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kamitosis:
Nice choice.
#3 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Sexy choice... ;-)

#4 Posted by Kamitosis (218 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured she was long over due for a revamped look.

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kamitosis:
Could not agree more.  I would prefer the 70's look to the current one.    
#6 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
" @Kamitosis: Could not agree more.  I would prefer the 70's look to the current one.     "
hehe, I like how she looks in any day and age :) 
Would be interesting to twist her old and new into something crazy sexy.
#7 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
You know, we need help, talking about fictional comic book characters and their sex appeal.  Oy.
#8 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
" @tonis: You know, we need help, talking about fictional comic book characters and their sex appeal.  Oy. "
I like all ladies, real or fake, I'm an equal opportunity hormone :)
#9 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

I approve.

#10 Posted by Kamitosis (218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
" @tonis: You know, we need help, talking about fictional comic book characters and their sex appeal.  Oy. "
oh come now, I still have a crush on Peter Parker. And I'm a married woman. 
#11 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kamitosis said:
" @Decept-O said:
oh come now, I still have a crush on Peter Parker. And I'm a married woman.  "

OK.  Now I feel a bit better, knowing that.  I don't feel so "weird".  Well I am weird but that is besides the point.  

I blame it on Adam Hughes, Art Adams, and Marc Silvestri for drawing the hottest female characters! 
#12 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kamitosis:
That is funny, I was thinking someone should pick her for the costume contest after doing the battle one with her and Supergirl, nice choice!
#13 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:
" @Kamitosis: That is funny, I was thinking someone should pick her for the costume contest after doing the battle one with her and Supergirl, nice choice! "
you know I can recall 4 or 5 contests over the past few months that seemed to happen from some crazy mental vine osmosis for me. 
It does seem to prove the age old statement, great minds think alike :)
#14 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
" @EGoD said:
" @Kamitosis: That is funny, I was thinking someone should pick her for the costume contest after doing the battle one with her and Supergirl, nice choice! "
you know I can recall 4 or 5 contests over the past few months that seemed to happen from some crazy mental vine osmosis for me. It does seem to prove the age old statement, great minds think alike :) "

Great minds?  I call Bullsh!t.  Ha Ha!  More like twisted minds!
#15 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:
why shouldn't they? Ms Marvel would need a new costume after her current one gets torn..
#16 Edited by J1ml33 (527 posts) - - Show Bio

here is my version of ms marvels new costume (and your in for a surprise too) it`s something I was thinking about 
for one of my other side projects (namely my web comic first of all and second you all the good people of  comic vine artist show off ) well I will just cut to the case and now get on with the super hero fashion show (made out of unstable molecules and the power  cosmic to name a few ) also it`s spring fashion ready for taking down the bad guys one block at a time . so without further a due I present to 
you the all new all different Ms Marvel ! ( a re working of her first costume as if it was in the ultimate universe as written by mark millar and Grant Morrison with Frank Quietly on pencils and design ) but his New X-Men designs are what inspired me to create my new version of her costume ( the New Ms Marvel !)by yours truly !

here is version 1 with out the red framing  ( 1:10 variant ) the  official  entry !

and the red panel variant ( this is the non  official submission )  just as a comparison to the one above .

but if you see anything you like from the both of them then feel free to tell me which one you like the most (it could be the white one or the red one hey it`s a free country right so tell me if it is something you find worth your time and viewing pleasure ) 
enjoy !
#17 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:  
How true. 

@Decept-O:

lol, great, twisted, it's all the same isn't it, great minds are all a little crazy, well except me, I'm insane :D
#18 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@J1ml33: nice work J1, I always liked her classic colors too. Call me a rebel but I think I like the unofficial one of the two a lil more. The red border takes away from the impact of the red in her costume. 

@EGoD said:
" @tonis:  
How true. 

@Decept-O:
  lol, great, twisted, it's all the same isn't it, great minds are all a little crazy, well except me, I'm insane :D "

it's a fine line between insanity and the mind, and it's even greater with a twist of vine :) 
I'll take an order of insanity too, medium rare.
#19 Posted by Kamitosis (218 posts) - - Show Bio
@J1ml33: Great entry! I really dig that look, and the short spunky hair do rocks!
#20 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@J1ml33:
I agree with Kamitosis, the spiked punk hairdo is a nice touch.  Good colors, too.
#21 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

@J1ml33 
Great start! Bringing the contest level high at once from the start.

#22 Posted by J1ml33 (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:  thank you very much !
#23 Posted by J1ml33 (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X:  thank you very much I would like to keep this interesting (very interesting that is ..)
#24 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a little something I whipped out 

#25 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD: That's really good!
#26 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD: really slick way to redo the sash and give her more skin on the top. I bet the original designers would be thinking 'damn, shoulda done that' if they saw this now.

nice subliminal bolts on the legs too ;)
#27 Posted by Kamitosis (218 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD: I really love this look!
#28 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kamitosis: 
 @Baddamdog:  
@tonis: 
Yeah I wanted her to still have some sex appeal but not wear a bathing suit costume, plus I thought the offset bolts on the legs would give her a bit of a unique look
#29 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD: :O
#30 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:
" @Kamitosis: 
 @Baddamdog:  
@tonis: Yeah I wanted her to still have some sex appeal but not wear a bathing suit costume, plus I thought the offset bolts on the legs would give her a bit of a unique look "
yea, actually the whole offset appearance from top down is what gives it a REALLY unique look. Gotta love the one strap idea too, and the way the sash isn't totally a sash and isn't totally a cape. 
Extremely creative designing. (should be the next big fashion 'look')
#31 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD:
Me likey.
#32 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes I hate my scanner. Resolution wasn't great when I first scanned so hopefully this is a little better. I'm really going to look into a better scanner soon. 

#33 Posted by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Raven, that's brilliant

#34 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27112 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:
"

"
NICE!
#35 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207: scan doesn't look all that bad but I will agree I've almost never just taken a scan as it, some level adjustments and contrast tweaks always need to get done. They all suck converting analog to digital by default. 
Your picture however rocks, great job. Nice touch throwing cap and iron man in there with the console, went the extra mile with that. Her costume looks awesome, now THAT is what I'd like to see her wearing out and about.
#36 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: Yeah the scan doesn't look that bad. It looked better at 1200 DPI but the scanner caused the whole computer to freeze so I had to drop it down to 600 and forgot to mess around to get it right. But it's also a 5 year old scanner that was a Christmas special at Wal Mart so it is on its last leg. You noticed Cap and Iron Man but you didn't notice my other easter egg. The 4 monitors (globe, sonar, White House, and Disney World Main Street USA with the Mickey Mouse Ballons.) My wives idea.

@Decept-O:  
@Backflip: Thank you very much for the encouraging words. I had fun with this one.

#37 Posted by PowerHerc (83261 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD:
Very nice.
#38 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207: ahh, the wife has good ideas :) 
I wouldn't worry about scanning at ultra high resolutions, least not unless you plan on using the image to print. For screen size and submitting here 72dpi is all's a monitor is gonna do. Although it is a good idea to overscan at 300 and then resample down to 72 as it looks slightly better than scanning in at 72 natively. 

Of course, that being said it's NEVER a bad idea to do an initial high res scan for archiving in case something happens to the original. Om1kron can vouch for that :)
#39 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:
"

"
This looks pretty awesome! ^_^
#40 Posted by J1ml33 (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207:  looks great very trendy , her true ultimate costume of course . I like it a lot .
#41 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@J1ml33:
Thanks . I does have a Ultimate feel and I wasn't even trying that.
#42 Posted by payno (970 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't really have a design in mind when I began this one. I just started drawing and this is what I ended up with. 

#43 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno:
I like the armor look.  Makes her a lot more bad a$$.  There are some details here I like, nice overall look.  I know a lot of peeps might like Ms. Marvel's current look but I really don't.  Just doesn't make sense.  This one does.
#44 Edited by Satansunday (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Not A Huge Fan of her, But she is sexy Here Goes:  

Plain and simple just markers and pens
#45 Posted by Satansunday (78 posts) - - Show Bio

just went with the current suit will try to whip up an re invisionment as well but have a busy schedule. if not I will let this stand as my submission great work so far BTW all the artists here have done a great job!

#46 Posted by sawdust (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get in this

#47 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my official entry.
#48 Posted by Kamitosis (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice to see so many lovely entries. Reminder that contest ends tonight at Midnight and I will be posting the polling tomorrow morning.  

#49 Posted by Kamitosis (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, deadline is up. I'll post the voting in the morning :D  

#50 Posted by FrischDVH (604 posts) - - Show Bio

See this is why I should write down the expiration dates for the contest. Alas, good luck contestants!