• 86 results
#1 Posted by payno (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok everyone, this time around try redesigning HAWKEYE's costume. 

Deadline is October 17th. 

#2 Posted by FrischDVH (741 posts) - - Show Bio

@Payno: Super sweet selection! Not that I'm biased.....pay no attention to my avatar.
#3 Posted by LT1085 (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in.

#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio

Got to admit, if anyone ever needed a new costume it's Hawkeye imo. 

Anyway, I'll try and make something, hopefully it won't be eyes bleeding bad.

#5 Posted by LT1085 (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by webhe4d (158 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio
@webhe4d said:
"
"
I like what you did with the mask 
#8 Posted by spawndon (1417 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: done already? great costume and helmet!
@Gambit1024: I like the mask! And that wee little shooter on his left hand also!
#9 Posted by webhe4d (158 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: 
Haha thanks man I stole the idea from Ultimate Hawkeye since he is pretty bad-ass
#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8688 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome... I'm in!!!
Also Great entries so far! (@LT1085:@webhe4d:)

#11 Posted by webhe4d (158 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: 

Thanks man
#12 Posted by -Eclipse- (7650 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting people to take out the purple, LOL 

Cool entries so far

#13 Edited by deadpool1109 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm picking up my pencil and sketchpad to do something like this after a long time. I know its not the nicest, cleanest drawing out there, Also I have no idea how to color stuff in photoshop. Anyway heres my rendition of Hawkeye. Hope you like it and overlook the numerous errors I have probably made. :D 
I know that the major problem I have here is the legs, essentially the shins and feet.
#14 Posted by deadpool1109 (452 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:  Dude I love your work... I can not illustrate on my computer at all.
#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool1109: Very nice, sir. Don't worry about coloring on photoshop. Idk how to do it either XD
#16 Posted by deadpool1109 (452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: Thanks man! Much appreciated. :)
#17 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpool1109 said:

So I'm picking up my pencil and sketchpad to do something like this after a long time. I know its not the nicest, cleanest drawing out there, Also I have no idea how to color stuff in photoshop. Anyway heres my rendition of Hawkeye. Hope you like it and overlook the numerous errors I have probably made. :D I know that the major problem I have here is the legs, essentially the shins and feet. "
some cool stuff in there, like the arm emblem, and the spiky glove. That would give a nasty chop into someones head. 
If you're ever looking for help on or with coloring digital I'd be more than happy to assist.
#18 Posted by Om1kron (1219 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I may dick around and enter, plenty of time to jump on this and make something pretty decent. 

#19 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron said:
" I think I may dick around and enter, plenty of time to jump on this and make something pretty decent.  "
There's always room for jello eh :) 

Did some playing around with this throughout the week, may or may not do more depending on how time permits. 
Made him a twin stringed dragonblade bow. Figured he could go klingon on someone in close combat.

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: Dude that bow is INSANE. Epic job!
#21 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: thx Gambit, kick ass arsenal on yours as well, very creative. That's what I forgot, a slick strip of trick arrowheads.
#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (10217 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine: 

-I gave him the goggles to magnify his vision. 
-Chain mail-like body armor which is also flame retardant.  
-A variety of "trick" arrows. From Vibranium-tipped to heat-seeking arrows. 
-Vibrainium soled boots to lighten the impact from high drops.  
-Various pouches for various gear including a miniature first aid kit, radio, smoke capsules, etc.  
#23 Posted by deadpool1109 (452 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:  Thanks man! I'll remember that. Your  submissions kick ass... especially love the bow and the arrowhead he's shooting!
#24 Posted by FrischDVH (741 posts) - - Show Bio

#25 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio
@FrischDVH: as usual, awesome work. You got the Clint shit eating grin down perfectly. Love the 'waist' cape too, I thought about giving him a cape but it didn't seem to look right and seemed like it would get in the way of shooting but you creatively pulled it off real slick.
#26 Posted by FrischDVH (741 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis:
Thanks! Yeah I was looking to see how to put a cape in there. It went from a mini-cape to a shoulder cape to a trenchcoat to finally a waist coat. I had the same problem justifying arm coverings for an archer.
BTW: I really dug your entry too. There was no way I was going to try to do Hawkeye without purple, you are much more bolder than I. And, that bow is insane.

#27 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio
@FrischDVH said:
"  

@tonis:
Thanks! Yeah I was looking to see how to put a cape in there. It went from a mini-cape to a shoulder cape to a trenchcoat to finally a waist coat. I had the same problem justifying arm coverings for an archer.
BTW: I really dug your entry too. There was no way I was going to try to do Hawkeye without purple, you are much more bolder than I. And, that bow is insane.

"
believe me I fought long and hard over the purple, and it's my favorite color no less. Eclipse had mentioned his surprise that no one took it out and he got me thinking the same. I did actually make a version in purple though instead of black as well :)
#28 Posted by payno (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by sora_thekey (8688 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno:  I love yours and at the same time I hate it! >.<
Mine entry idea was somewhat similar to yours... except that mine's coat met in an H form and dropped from the armpit area...

Awesome entry man! (I'm just kidding abour hating it btw)
#30 Posted by FunkyDoRight (3 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys draw superamazingly

#31 Posted by spawndon (1417 posts) - - Show Bio
@FunkyDoRight: that's something you get to see routinely from these guys on Comicvine
#32 Posted by sora_thekey (8688 posts) - - Show Bio
@spawndon said:
" @FunkyDoRight: that's something you get to see routinely from these guys on Comicvine "
Yup!
#33 Edited by DavidR (1470 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: 

Great costume! Really like it so far!
#34 Edited by Om1kron (1219 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job everyone, I'm not really feeling this contest too much. I like the character hawkeye and I know he's going to get bastardized in the movie. But I just find it hard to redesign his character.  

I am pretty sure imo the movie rendition of the character will be something like this. i wanted to capture that with my "re-design" And add kind of like a cybernetic aspect to the costume without making some gaudy helmet. Being that I'm sure Tony Stark will be responsible for designing a lot of peoples costumes in the movie or providing "hardware" for shield. anyway enough babbling. 
#35 Posted by FrischDVH (741 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron:
Absolutely love the perspective on the bow. Fantastic.
#36 Posted by Om1kron (1219 posts) - - Show Bio

haha thanks. i got really lazy on finishing th e picture.

#37 Posted by sora_thekey (8688 posts) - - Show Bio

Not my best work...  but here's my entry:

Like I mentioned to Panyo my idea is very similar... but let me assure you it was not a copy!
Opinions?
#38 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: very nice Sora, These are the kind of line work I love coloring the most where everythings clean and solid. Makes for smoother palette transitions. Like the leg quivers and mask style too, very creative.
#39 Posted by sora_thekey (8688 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:  I'm not very find of the mask... I was attempting to use a mask style sort of like Cyclops in X-Men: Evolution... but it didn't come how I wanted...
Still thank you!
#40 Posted by jamesewelch (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine. I had this idea of giving him camouflage (dark purple and black) outfit, but I couldn't find a good way of getting it into pixels. :/

Still need to work a lot on my pencils. The body becomes more deformed as you progress down, because I started the drawing too low on the page and was running out of room.... rookie mistake. :)
#41 Posted by anarchcorp (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno:  I love it. Minimalistic yet representative.
#42 Edited by rocketpig (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, I'm new to the forum but this looked like fun so I sketched this over lunch today. Instead of going modern with the character, I thought it'd be fun to give him a throwback uniform to the Roman archers of old. 

#43 Posted by Strafe Prower (12597 posts) - - Show Bio

Couple of really good ones in this bunch.

#44 Posted by tonis (6561 posts) - - Show Bio
@rocketpig: awesome in concept and design. can't go wrong with the classic looks.
#45 Posted by rocketpig (273 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
" @rocketpig: awesome in concept and design. can't go wrong with the classic looks. "
Thanks! I wanted to give him a different look (while sticking to my idea of utilitarian design). I'm working on launching a web comic right now that's a bit different than most and a lot of my character design reflects it. I just don't do the "tights" thing, even though I still read loads of superhero books.
#46 Posted by Om1kron (1219 posts) - - Show Bio
@jamesewelch said:
" Here's mine. I had this idea of giving him camouflage (dark purple and black) outfit, but I couldn't find a good way of getting it into pixels. :/

Still need to work a lot on my pencils. The body becomes more deformed as you progress down, because I started the drawing too low on the page and was running out of room.... rookie mistake. :) "
Hey James this is pretty good, if mine were to have a color palette associated with it, you pretty much nailed it bro. I think this is what his costume is going to end up looking like in the movie.
#47 Edited by J_Evan (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, guys I'm new here. First post! Anyway, assuming I didn't screw up the code, here's my contribution: 

#48 Posted by Chaos Burn (1882 posts) - - Show Bio
@J_Evan: that's amazing! winner imo
#49 Posted by Dark Walker (506 posts) - - Show Bio
@J_Evan:   That's amazing, great first post.  What did you use to colour him?
#50 Posted by Jake Fury (21388 posts) - - Show Bio

J_Evan thats some awesome work. In fact all of you guys and gals make me sick to my stomach. I have ZERO artistic talent. LOL