jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jamesewelch

Hey all,

I've been spending some time over at DeviantArt and found a few color jams, where artists post their line work (pencils or inks) in high res format and allow other artists to color them. This helps those interested in coloring perfect their skills and give them something nice to practice with. I figured that since there's lots of artists here and several artists who submit uncolored artworks to the various contests, that we could have a thread dedicated to those line work artists submitting their works to be colored by other artists.

Line Work Artists

1. Submitting your line work in this thread, grants any CV artist permission to color the artwork.
  2. Only the original artist/owner can submit their line work for coloring - you cannot submit anyone else's line work.
  3. Any line work submitted is available for coloring for the duration of the thread (no time limit).
  4. It is recommended that you upload a high resolution (150, 200, 300 dpi) image using an image hosting file service (DeviantArt, Flickr, or whatever).
  5. Line work artists cannot present the colored version as their own work. They must give credit to the colorist. (They can credit themselves for line work, etc.)
  6. You may not request a specific colorist to color your line work. Please contact the colorist via PM.
  7. If you are seeking a colorist for a larger project, such as a comic book, you may submit a page here for others to color, but you may not submit multiple pages of the series. You may use this thread to review colorists, but not as a recruitment thread or as a thread to color your entire project.

Colorists
  1. Any colorist may color any line work submitted in this thread.
  2. Colorists cannot present the product as their own work. They must give credit to the line work artist. (They can credit themselves for coloring, etc.)
  3. Any artist signatures, logos, names, etc. in the line work, must be readable in the final colored product. You may add your own signature.
  4. Colorists who submit a colored artwork, should @username the original artist in the thread, so they get a notice of their artwork.
  5. You can color something that's already been colored - the point is for you to get better at coloring and use these artworks to improve yourself.
  6. There's no expiration date or contest.
  7. Please notify the line work artist with a @username, to let them know about your work.

Any artist have a drawing that we can kick-start the color jam?

Line Work Submissions:

Thanks,
Jim
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jamesewelch
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ARMIV
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tonis
@jamesewelch: very very cool idea JW, I like it a lot :)
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jamesewelch
@turoksonofstone:  You can't submit someone else's artwork. I can see Jack Kirby's signature on the image, along with other artist's signatures.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By turoksonofstone

Understood, It's the Art from an unpublished calender from 1964, just thought I'd throw it in there. But I understand now your own art only.

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jamesewelch
@ARMIV:  Uploaded colored version to my DA account. Posted comment over at DA upload with link. Below is DA embedded.

Looking forward to seeing what others can do with the first submission. I added it to the opening thread. I'll try to add each there as a quick reference for anyone who's just finding the thread.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Caligula

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tonis
@jamesewelch: ohhh, that was ARMIV's right, that came out friggin fantastic. Well done :)
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jamesewelch
@Caligula:  Awesome. Thanks for the submission.

@tonis: Yes. That was Armiv's art work. He goes by Amrock on DA. I always include "by username" as the end of the art work title on DA, just so it's obvious that it's not from me :)

Hopefully, we'll see a few more colorings this week from other colorists.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caligula
@jamesewelch: no problem
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ARMIV
@jamesewelch said:

" @ARMIV:  Uploaded colored version to my DA account. Posted comment over at DA upload with link. Below is DA embedded.

Looking forward to seeing what others can do with the first submission. I added it to the opening thread. I'll try to add each there as a quick reference for anyone who's just finding the thread.

"
Oh-a-my-a GOSH!!!
Epic!!!
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jamesewelch
@Caligula: 

I'm still hoping for a few more colorists to jump into the thread, but for the time being I'll submit some of my colorings :)

Hope you like it.

karbacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By karbacca
@j ameswelch mentioned this would be a good place to put my line art if anyone wanted to color them. So do what ever ya want! Enjoy! e-mail me at artofbartlett@gmail.com if you want larger images to go by.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tonis
@jamesewelch: killer job on Cal's Cyclops, I was loving the original but that is a REALLY nice upgrade.
Once I get some things squared away I might have a little time to do a color or two, will definitely throw my hat in then ;)
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sora_thekey

Ultimate Black Cat, Spider-Man and Mysterio
 Ultimate Black Cat, Spider-Man and Mysterio
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jamesewelch
@karbacca:  Nice line work. I think I'm going to try one of those. Give me a chance to work on skin tones and hair details.

@sora_thekey: Another nice one.

Thanks for the submissions.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Caligula
@jamesewelch said:

" @Caligula: 

I'm still hoping for a few more colorists to jump into the thread, but for the time being I'll submit some of my colorings :)

Hope you like it.

"
great job man
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jamesewelch
@karbacca:  Uploaded Nick Fury colored work.

I'm still not happy with it, but it's practice and hopefully I'll get better with hair and skin tone with some more work. I wanted to try and make Fury a bit younger, edgier looking with some highlights in his hair. Maybe what Nick Fury would look like on a teen drama type TV show :)

skaterpunk97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By skaterpunk97

I like the Dormammu art.Awesome colors!

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jamesewelch
@skaterpunk97:  Thanks.

I'm still hoping to see a few more people jump in and color some of these great line art works.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tonis
@jamesewelch said:
" @skaterpunk97:  Thanks.I'm still hoping to see a few more people jump in and color some of these great line art works. "
I think I'll be taking a stab at Sora's piece over the weekend once I finish some things up, I've been wanting to color one of his works for some time now :)
skaterpunk97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By skaterpunk97
@karbacca 
No Caption Provided
I did a quickie so it has some mistakes,sorry for that...The colors are awesome btw don't you think?
jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jamesewelch
@skaterpunk97:  nice work
skaterpunk97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers