Posted by Blackmoonrose13 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

I am showing you guys another speed paint and the finished product again. I am Hoping for some Exposure as well as some Advise please I hope this works. I hope I put it in the Right Fourm too

#1 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blackmoonrose13: Nice! I like it!

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Mostly it's pretty good but there's something off about that kid's proportions. He kind of looks like a dwarf.

#3 Posted by Blackmoonrose13 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: um I just colored it the guy who drew it was um http://jotazombie.deviantart.com/ I had permission to color it and all that I should have stated that

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good work, but please do remember that she simply is a colorist and just colored in this line art, the pencils were done by someone else.

@Blackmoonrose13: Remember, whenever you can put in the name of the penciller of the work if its available.

#5 Posted by ProofPudding (309 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blackmoonrose13: Very good job over all. I see what Vance Astro is talking about, a quick fix is to narrowing the neck a bit. I always try to remember that children's heads look a little big for there necks unlike adults. What are you looking for as far as coloring advise?

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blackmoonrose13 said:

@Vance Astro: um I just colored it the guy who drew it was um http://jotazombie.deviantart.com/ I had permission to color it and all that I should have stated that

My bad. I didn't know. The coloring is fine in that case.
#7 Posted by ProofPudding (309 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blackmoonrose13: Just saw that you just did the color.

You have a good technique over all, The only suggestion I have for you is to remember were you light source is coming from when coloring. I noticed the line work had the shadows drawn as if the light was coming from upper left and slightly behind the subject. So when adding the shadow definition in back ground as well as the subject keep this in mind.

I did a quick draw over so you can see what I am talking about.

I hope this was helpful : )