Character Creation Contest #92 - It's All Relative

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#1 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Alright, the winner of the last one hasn't posted in almost a month, and it's been a few days since voting finished so if nobody minds, I'm gonna keep this one rolling.

For this one, I thought it might be cool to come up with a character who is a long lost family member of an existing character. Any media accepted - comic characters, TV ones, film ones: it doesn't matter. So whether you want to give Iron Man a kid he didn't know about, or design a cool new second cousin twice removed (or whatever) for Stan Marsh...anything goes with this one ;)

Deadline is July 3rd, and good luck!

(Also apologies if this has been done before)

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sweeeeet concept.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

can't wait :)

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am starting on this right now. Anyone else working on this?

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By payno

KESTREL (Tom Wilson, son of Sam Wilson aka Falcon)

No Caption Provided

As Sam Wilson (aka Falcon) has become the new Captain America, I thought his son, Tom Wilson (aka Kestrel) could fill his fathers's old position

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Anbu_B_Team
No Caption Provided

I think a back story is appropriate here. Meet Kazuba the daughter of Jiraiya Sensai. During the first great Ninja War Jiraya was injured while on patrol and was separated from his team. While unconscious a rogue ninja, Anzu, formerly of the leaf village finds Jiraiya and brings him back to her home. Anzu was a talented Jonen ninja from the leaf who did not agree with the war and left before it began. She has long since been declared dead by the village.

Anzu nurses Jiraiya back to health over time, pleading with him to fully heal before reentering the violent conflict. During this time they became very close and formed a bond. Though Jiraya knew he could not stay, he and Anzu fell in love for the brief time they spent together. After Jiraya left to join the battle once again, Anzu would soon learn that she was pregnant. Even after the war ended, she decided to remain in hiding and raised Kazuba alone.

Anzu taught Kazuba the way of the shinobi so she could protect herself. Jiraiya left one of his summoning scrolls behind, which Anzu was able to learn and pass along to Kazuba. Kazuba can now summon Izumi a ninja Toad. She wears the rogue shinobi head band of the leaf, given to her by her mother.

SPOILERS*** Kazuba learns of her fathers death through the Toad network. Jiraiya was killed in battle while investigating Pain Nagato, a member of the deadly Akatsuki Clan. She later learns that Pain was killed by a young man name Naruto. Kazuba decides that it is time to leave her home and seak out the man who avenged her father's death. She has no idea that Naruto was once a student of Jiraiya. They will have much to discuss upon meeting one another. Her story begins now...

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Know it's a little cheeky, but slapping another few days on if anyone's interested. New deadline of the 7th (I'm working on something I really wanna finish, plus we have another artist who's expressed an interest).

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo you had me on the edge of my seat....where is your entry?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@anbu_b_team: Sorry, some RL things came up! Will finish up and sort the voting thread out tonight ^_^

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: No worries. "RL things" take precedent....good luck :)

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So pissed i missed this one. Great concept.

PR_1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PR_1030
No Caption Provided

I know that this thread should've been over weeks ago, and I don't know if this is even valid, but if it's not, just please exclude it from the voting thread. The character created is a younger relative (not sure if younger cousin, grandson) of Indiana Jones. His name is Jeb Jones. Here are some details:

If Indiana Jones was first conceived as some badass, awesome, Bond-type of action hero who always wins and always stays cool, Jeb is a bit different. Since Indy's films seemed to be driven by their awesome hero, I thought about a new hero for our generation. A funny guy, not perfect, makes some mistakes, but is still badass, something like the new Star Lord from the film who everyone seemed to love.

If Indy tried to swipe an idol with a small sack of sand, Jeb does it with a piss-filled bottle of Gatorade. Jeb isn't perfect like stated earlier, but still does the right thing and kind of has a good heart. If Indy had a cool satchel, this guy's got a sack bag thing (just google "sack bag"). It's a light, loose bag that compliments his loose, light-hearted, laid back, easy going personality compared to Indy. He probably carries empty bottles, or dynamite (to destroy any possible rolling boulders).

Irrelevant details: If he were to be cast in a film, I'd like to see Chirs Pratt of Channing Tatum.

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Was just wondering what happened to this contest? It's well over a month since the dealine, was there ever a voting thread posted?

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Strafe Prower

@payno: I specifically remember voting for this round already. Ah! I found it

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/artist-show-off-4/character-creation-contest-92-voting-1697425/

I'm on my phone so I can't link it, but you can copy/paste that. Looks like you won the vote as well.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Yeah apologies all round for this, things got really hectic at work and I was AWOL from the Vine for about a month :/

Sorry for messing you guys around, and for any inconvenience.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

contest still on?