Character Creation Contest #82

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

I was sifting through the past creation contests and did not see this idea done before. If I am mistaken please let me know.

The contest is to create a sidekick of a sidekick. For example you could create a sidekick for Harley Quinn, Kato, Robin, Chewbacca....ect. The term sidekick is a loose term for this contest, and open to interpretation. Each superhero/supervillian is revered in someway by their sidekicks and their supporting cast. (some exceptions exist)

No Caption Provided

This new character would revere the original sidekick because they were deemed worthy to be in the company of the main hero/villian. The new character should incorporate aspects of the main hero/villian, the original sidekick and add some new attributes.

Contest Ends: August 26th Midnight

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like it could be some real fun.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Uncanny_XFactor

Holy wow. I just might need to do this...

Edit: I've got my idea and a very rough prototype, should have one in a matter of days.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes, but I should ask... does it have to be entirely hand-drawn? I'm OK with doing that, but I'd prefer to do a tracing if I could.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_xfactor: I think the spirit of these challenges is to try to create original hand drawn art. The medium in which the artist chooses can vary, but in my opinion it should not be traced. Anyone else have a thought about this?

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team Thanks. I figured as much, and it will be of poor quality, but I hope the idea triumphs over the quality of the drawing.

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking forward to what you come up with. The concept is as important as the execution. Good luck. :)

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Uncanny_XFactor

Well, are you a fan of classic Marvel? If so, you should like my submission. And thank you, it's actually going to be ready within a day or so.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Uncanny_XFactor
No Caption Provided

It's heeeeerrrreee!!!

Spider: the Armored Arachnid

History

Richard “Richie” Brancale was the son of Doctor Octopus and the Stunner. He was conceived in the virtual reality plane before his mother entered a coma, but born in-between realms. He was put up for adoption, and thus hated his parents. He was adopted by an unknown couple, and found a life of trouble: nothing more than mischief, but it still satisfied him. Hearing about his mother’s coma, he decided he did not hate his mother, and attempted to stop her. However, he was crushed before he could get a chance to reason with her, losing the use of his legs. He was fitted with prosthesis (enhanced with StarkTech due to the fact that Stunner was the villain of a fellow Avenger, and he felt sympathy), but the deepest paralysis was inside Richie’s confidence.

Recalling his childhood days of mischief, he sought happiness in causing chaos, but always ended up in jail. His parents gave him up, and he lost everything. He decided to seek redemption, but not by taking revenge. He wanted to atone for himself and his life. Not ready to yet deal with his father, who he somehow knew was in control of Spider-Man’s body, he sought one who had been tutored under Spider-Man. This brought him to the doorstep of Oliver Osnick, the former Steel Spider. Sympathizing with the young man, he gave him a smaller, more advanced version of his Steel Spider armor, and began training him as a superhero under the moniker of Spider: the Armored Arachnid.

To clarify, he’s the sidekick of Steel Spider, formerly Spidey’s sidekick.

Powers

Natural Powers: Enhanced strength, speed, stamina, and durability, inherited from his mother, and latent telepathy from his father. It manifests uncontrollably, and is painful to Richie, but is somewhat helped by the suit. Combining the suit’s abilities and his own, he is capable of controlling spiders.

Spider Suit:

Adhesion, invisibility, bulletproof, simulated spider-sense through radar tech, gliding, webbing, super-perception, and self-sustenance.

Others: Prosthetics enable super-leaping, and he managed to take the tentacles from his deceased father’s body.

Notes

He has a complex set of emotions, hating his father and wanting to help his mother, based on their views of Spider-Man, these views conflict with each other.

He considers Oliver Osnick an uncle.

Him having the same name as Peter Parker’s father is just a coincidence, or is it?

This is my first contest entry, tell me what you think!

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_xfactor: Great back story. I really like the detail you put into the costume. Good first entry. Good Luck! :)

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: Thank you very much. I was inspired by Miles Morales and Steel Spider the most. I hope others like it as well.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#12 BumpyBoo  Moderator
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a pleasure to be able to, I've wanted to for so long, even though I can't quite compete with the other brilliant artists on here.

But thank you so much, it took a while, but it turned out well. :)

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbu_b_team: When's the deadline for this one? Anyone else entering?

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am...darnit i mean it!

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_xfactor: This was supposed to go until Aug 26th. If more people are planning on participating, and need more time, I could extend the time. More entries are always fun to see.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, aside from SuperStar, I don't see anyone else clamoring to enter, but it sucks to win by default.

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey... I'm entering too... should have my piece up tonight or tomorrow morning.

deltaoutlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By deltaoutlaw
No Caption Provided

Considered one of the greatest failures of the Weapon X project, self named Human Shield makes even Wade Wilson look stable. The epitome of masochism, Human Shield (AKA Ethelbert Vinstiggins, AKA Artemis Stinkfinger III, AKA Ted) has proclaimed himself the sidekick to Bob, Agent of Hydra, who in turn is the sidekick to Deadpool. Human Shield possesses the same regenerative abilities as Wade Wilson and the escape talents of Bob. While Deadpool barely tolerates the psychotic Human Shield, Bob is eternally grateful for his presence. This is due to the fact that Human Shield craves pain and bodily harm. He gleefully leaps in front of bullets, blades, and bombs to fulfill these desires.

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By payno

As Robin, Dick Grayson was Batman's first sidekick. He may be all grown up and operating as Nightwing now, but I thought he deserved a sidekick of his own.

Introducing Nightwing's sidekick... BLUE JAY.

No Caption Provided

Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payno said:

As Robin, Dick Grayson was Batman's first sidekick. He may be all grown up and operating as Nightwing now, but I thought he deserved a sidekick of his own.

Introducing Nightwing's sidekick... BLUE JAY.

No Caption Provided

Well, everyone else just lost. Awesome job, the costume and idea are great.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz
No Caption Provided

Ok, so bear with me...this is not my usual inked and colored stuff, but the sketchy/scribble stage. But I just will not have enough time to finish properly, and I didn't want this idea to go to waist...Soooooo

The concept: if Aquaman was the joke of the DC universe for so many years, then Aqualad properly had the sulkiest mentor out of all the sidekicks, so Aqualad wanted to improve his standing with the titans and get some Bro points in the tower, so he decided to get himself a sidekick. So when he was fighting Triangle man down by Jump City's airport, he over hears a young women bragging about her talent of being able to hold her breath for long, long...periods of time. ( if you don't get it, I'm not explaining it ) lol After seeing her obvious physical gifts, he knew he found his new sidekick..BUBBLES!!

And Aquaman looking on in embarrassment and dreading the conversation explaining the situation to his Queen says " Oh No, Mera is going to Kill Me" and Kid Flash not sure what to make of the newest Titan asks in disbelief " What are her powers?" To which the prideful yet naive Aqualad unaware of the somewhat mature component to Bubbles abilities, says with a cocky grin " She can hold her breath, for very long time...a VERY long time"

So this is more about the concept then the art, hopefully that gets across :)

p.s. Now the kids have gone back to school, hopefully I can start the 'Getting The Point' series up again...so be on the look out for that :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#25 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Loving all of these, good job all round ^_^

snoweye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers