#1 Posted by Shatterstar (4544 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so schotter won the last contest, his first win, and he has chosen the subject of this Character Creation Contest and asked me to post the thread for him. I'll post the voting thread when it comes time as well.

The subject:

H

Create a Looper style character where the past/present versions are depicted. Its ok to re-create characters from the movie if you like with your own unique spin on them.

Voting will start in 2 and a half weeks November 10th so get your entries in by then if possible. Any questions/comments, feel free to ask.

#2 Posted by Shatterstar (4544 posts) - - Show Bio

Crickets... if there's no interest in this subject (which I was afraid of since not everyone has seen the film) we can go with ARMIV's concept. Anyone out there that wants to give this a shot?

#3 Posted by skillin villin (88 posts) - - Show Bio

intertesting

#4 Posted by Blizaga101 (932 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I've tried to think buh I jus don't get any ideas for this since the theme isn't something identifiable for me, just don't get any inspiration yknow

#5 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh...so I could draw a character from the present day or past then have them next to my own interpretation of how that character would look in the future? Or does it need to be something like having Robin next to Nightwing?

#6 Posted by Shatterstar (4544 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

Huh...so I could draw a character from the present day or past then have them next to my own interpretation of how that character would look in the future? Or does it need to be something like having Robin next to Nightwing?

I guess the first one, same character, one version older, one younger. (Haven't seen the movie myself :[ unfortunately )

#7 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shatterstar said:

@ARMIV2 said:

I guess the first one, same character, one version older, one younger. (Haven't seen the movie myself :[ unfortunately )

Alrighty...calls for some real brain work here...

#8 Posted by batkevin74 (10775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shatterstar: Cool idea

#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my entry.

I went with X-23 because, well, she's just fun to draw. I imagine her a bit more calm as an older woman for some reason...

#10 Posted by KEROGA (991 posts) - - Show Bio
truth,justice,and american way ..... sex,drugs,and rocknroll
#11 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1061 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok...I admit I got really lazy and just drew the interesting part of this challenge....the Older version lol

So I understand if I get disqualified for not including the current/younger version of Frank...

#12 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mrfuzzynutz said:

Ok...I admit I got really lazy and just drew the interesting part of this challenge....the Older version lol

So I understand if I get disqualified for not including the current/younger version of Frank...

Hey, now! This is cool!

#13 Posted by KEROGA (991 posts) - - Show Bio

oh snap! so we dont have to actually "create " a new character??

#14 Posted by ARMIV2 (8520 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA said:

oh snap! so we dont have to actually "create " a new character??

Not sure, but I think your entry is still solid either way.

#15 Posted by jack_before_joker (65 posts) - - Show Bio

im not sure if this applies, but i felt like doing it!

#16 Posted by EryckWebb (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to call it a contest when most people don't even seem to get the rules

#17 Posted by batkevin74 (10775 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone could draw an Old and a New Sam Toucan, standing back to back in the same way the poster is, holding spoons we could have: Fruit Looper! Face Your Hunger. Fight For Breakfast :) That's my idea, now if someone wants to draw that....

#18 Posted by Shatterstar (4544 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks to all the entrants, this was a tough one (particularly if you're like me and haven't seen the movie i'm guessing). Voting thread is up.