#1 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry it took me a couple of days. The win on the last contest came as quite a surprise. I didn't have an idea on deck as a result.

I think I've come up with a decent enough contest. This weekend I've been watching some of the EVO matches. And I got to thinking it might be fun to make up a fighting game character. Then I decided that'd be a good idea for this round of Character Creation Contest.

Create a fighter character for your favorite fighting game. A new color of Ninja for Mortal Kombat, or a new Color of Karate Gi and hair for a friend of Ken and Ryu. If you aren't into fighting games, you can still make up a character like Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris or whatever you wanna do. Or you can redesign an existing fighter character if you would prefer. An "Evil Ken" to go along with "Evil Ryu" if you like. Or M. Bison's long lost brother Morty who always liked to borrow money and drink all of M's beers from the fridge. Whatever you want. Hope you have fun with it!

Deadline for submissions will be in 4 weeks, August 5th 2012 at midnight (central time).

At your convenience, can this be pinned? Thank you. :) Also, here is the old thread if you'd like to take it down.

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: O_O

This is a great theme for a contest.

I also want to thank you for linking me to the old thread so I don't have to search to take it down.

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (8685 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooh!

I might have something for this!

#4 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: I've modded before and I know how challenging and thankless a job it can be. So I'll always try to make it as easy as possible for those who volunteer their time to help build a better community.

Thanks for all that you do. :)

#5 Posted by ARMIV2 (8685 posts) - - Show Bio

Okiee-dokiee, here's mah entry.

I call her Hit-Box. Her primary is on the left, alt is on the right.

#6 Posted by artiom1q2w (345 posts) - - Show Bio
mystery Bruce Lee in mask vs villains

mystery Bruce Lee in mask vs villains

#7 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is mine.

The idea I wanted to make was a decendent of Vega from Street Fighter. At first I was going to make a son of Vega, but decided a slightly more futuristic female Vega was a better way to go. So here is Naga; Vega's daughter. She began fighting in a vain effort to garner attention from her father. Eventually, they ended up squaring off in battle, where she was forced to kill him. Now she has joined those who are trying to bring down Shadowloo and M. Bison.

#8 Posted by ARMIV2 (8685 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Here is mine.

The idea I wanted to make was a decendent of Vega from Street Fighter. At first I was going to make a son of Vega, but decided a slightly more futuristic female Vega was a better way to go. So here is Naga; Vega's daughter. She began fighting in a vain effort to garner attention from her father. Eventually, they ended up squaring off in battle, where she was forced to kill him. Now she has joined those who are trying to bring down Shadowloo and M. Bison.

Ooh, that is awesome!

#9 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Thanks buddy. :)

#10 Posted by ARMIV2 (8685 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@ARMIV2: Thanks buddy. :)

You're very welcome!

#11 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Here is mine.

Vega 2099 :P

#12 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout: Pretty much, yeah. ;)

#13 Posted by batkevin74 (10996 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Here is mine.

Vega and X-23 had a kid! :)

#14 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: Im not so new to the vine but im new to the show off page.. Is this an open creation contest for all or is there an application deadline that I missed.. I would like to take part in this if its ok.

#15 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: Submissions will be accepted through August 5th for this particular contest. A good rule of thumb is that most of the contest threads that are pinned are current, unless they are labeled as VOTING THREADS. Typically the opening post of a contest will have the deadline for submissions though we often lengthen the process if someone needs an extra day or two (you can talk to the contest creator if a situation arises).

All "Artist Show-Off" contests are open to any and all who want to participate. It's all about the practice and fun of a bit of friendly competition. I hope you decide to join in. :)

Whoever wins each contest gets to choose the next round (except the Round Robin contest which has special rules) of the contest and they also host the thread and tally the votes when the time comes.

#16 Posted by KMART4455 (1290 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: Excellent. Expect to see something from me soon. I appreciate the explanation.

#17 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

@KMART4455: Glad to help buddy. Can't wait to see what you make. :)

#18 Posted by jkloog (17 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: You shouldn't be allowed to participate. ;P

#19 Posted by BroadviewStudio (7 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by ordinary (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Street Fighter: General Guile

"The jet that after burns from both turbines flies half as long."

Please no sonic boom old man gas jokes. Show some respect for our senior citizens.

#21 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

That is my Entry. Though i haven't found him a name yet, i hope you guys will like it! :)

#23 Posted by ARMIV2 (8685 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15 said:

These are extremely awesome.

#24 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Thanks dude! I tried my best for this guy! :)

#25 Posted by momarkey313 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Zangief needed a tag partner, some of older wrestling fans probably remember the Bolsheviks. So here is Zangief partner, Zielkov

#26 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@momarkey313: That's pretty good! Nice work, he looks badass! :)

#27 Posted by ARMIV2 (8685 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15 said:

@ARMIV2: Thanks dude! I tried my best for this guy! :)

I think it really shows here.

Freakin' sweet design there.

#28 Posted by momarkey313 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15:

Awesome character, I would buy that comic if it was one.

#29 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Glad to know that bro. And thanks again! :)

@momarkey313: Thanks dude. Now that you say comic, i'm recently doing 2 pages with that character. Not a complete story but something to show more of this character. I would appreciate it if you could check it when i'll upload it! :)

#30 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (731 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. The deadline is here. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to put up the voting thread in case there are any stragglers.

#31 Posted by momarkey313 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15: Definitely will check it out!

#32 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

@momarkey313: Thanks!!!! :)))