Character Creation Contest #39 - SMOKE

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By tonis

legal or otherwise, it's a subject we haven't yet tapped in character creation.

Create a character who's power is themed around SMOKE
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Deadline 6/3 Midnight (PST)
Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Raven0207

I'm going to send in a blank sheet of paper and say I just blew him/her away !
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Looking foward to seeing what you guys come up with

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

Hm... Challenge accepted.
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By soundbite

Didn't they do this on Lost?
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tonis
@Raven0207 said:
I'm going to send in a blank sheet of paper and say I just blew him/her away !
ah, like the white pig lost in a snowstorm, one of my favorites as a kid :)

@soundbite said:
Didn't they do this on Lost?
yea, but theirs kinda sucked. I figure you guys can be a lot more creative.
He/She doesn't need to be made of smoke necessarily, they can utilize it in some crazy way.
Bonus points to who comes up with the craziest :)
Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Raven0207
@tonis: See I knew you would get me!
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@tonis said:

He/She doesn't need to be made of smoke necessarily, they can utilize it in some crazy way.

Fart jokes here I come!!!!   This isn't going to be second hand smoke? It gives me major headaches and nausea.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tonis
@EGoD said:
@tonis said:

Fart jokes here I come!!!!   This isn't going to be second hand smoke? It gives me major headaches and nausea.
hehe, very perceptive.
There's no rules on where the smoke comes from :)
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis
Congrats, and a unique concept.  Cool idea.
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@tonis said:
@EGoD said:
@tonis said:

hehe, very perceptive.
There's no rules on where the smoke comes from :)

Heh heh, it's a shame that my drawings don't emulate my smart ass comments.  I have something sketched out but it's tasteful.
RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By RedRobin92

I threw this together quickly because as soon as saw this, this idea for a character popped into my head. His name is Chimney and he can manipulate the smoke his body generates to his will. 

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tonis
@RedRobin92: nice concept, I'd been thinking a lot along the same lines with manipulating it to their will part.
Kind of cool seeing a hero with a fireplace too, that'll come in handy in a lotta situations :)
deadpool1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14  Edited By deadpool1109

Heres my concept. I call him VAPOR (Yes I know its not creative, lol) His primary power is to turn into smoke or Ash, and manipulate it to as he see's fit. 

No thoughts on if he's a hero or a villain!!
No Caption Provided

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Decept-O
@deadpool1109:   Cool design!
@RedRobin92: 
Sort of  a walking brick fireplace!
deadpool1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deadpool1109
@Decept-O: Thanks man! :D
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Here's my entry.  Her origin is unknown.  She appears to those who summon her from the smoke and ashes of a blood sacrifice.  She can manipulate smoke and ash to create solid weapons to impale her victims with which explode to smoke upon entry.  She is ruthless and unrelenting and once her task is done she sets her sites on the person who summoned her to silence them forever.

Avatar image for marveljackass433
MarvelJackAss433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MarvelJackAss433
@RedRobin92 said:
I threw this together quickly because as soon as saw this, this idea for a character popped into my head. His name is Chimney and he can manipulate the smoke his body generates to his will. 

No Caption Provided
This looks like an Amagalm attempt between the Thing and Human Torch.Very Cool!
foldingstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By foldingstar

Annabelle Rightridge, scientist extraordinair, was caught in the fumes of one of her own experiments and unknowingly inhaled te fumes. Since then her flesh has been unable to come into contact with air or else the body becomes a smoke which she can bend to her will. This smoke has varying properties depending on what Rightridge wants them to be e.g, halluciogenic, harmless or toxic. The suit she wears covers all flesh apart from her arms, which she leaves free incase of attack.
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By TDK_1997

Cool designs

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tonis
@deadpool1109: actually I like the name, that would work for a hero or villain. And I like all the swirly smoke and costume design. That's what I was hoping for :)

@EGoD: I see a KILLER B&W entry for May in there :)
Between the smoke and the bandage body I'm in awe and I LOVE that she goes after the summoner after. That makes for an interesting character to write.

@foldingstar: ok, that is definitely the coolest name possible :)
The design works nice too, especially how you made the mouth like an air vent. Very creative imagination with that.
Also bonus points on the power idea as that was one of the characteristics I thought would be powerful is the ability to make the smoke take on different lethal properties.
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@tonis
Hell hath no fury like a summoned aparition heh heh.  Y'know I never thought about the submission, that's a good idea, I'll have to drop her off in that thread.
deadpool1109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deadpool1109
@tonis: Ha ha, thanks man! I like the swirls too, but they didnt come out as well as I was hoping. :P
Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Bestostero

ohhh Mortal Kombat character! awesomeee, can't wait to see everyone's results

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@Decept-O
Dude, that is hot, very sexy.  If she came out of pipes more men would take up smoking lol.  <- Had to beat Tonis to that comment !
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Decept-O

@EGoD
Ha Ha!  Thanks, I appreciate it!  Well, consider yourself having "defeated" Tonis in the "First Comment' department!  Thanks again.  For some damn reason your comment didn't show up in my PM inbox.  *sigh* 

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@Decept-O
lol, we'll blame my computer at work, it does some weird things when I'm at this site, we can't upgrade to the new explorer since its not XP friendly. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tonis
@EGoD said:
@Decept-O: Dude, that is hot, very sexy.  If she came out of pipes more men would take up smoking lol.  <- Had to beat Tonis to that comment !
yea, I had to actually 'work' today, dulls the reactive senses.
If she came outta pipes I'd never STOP smokin :)

@Decept-O: nice job man, I was hoping someone was gonna utilize the pipe idea and you exceeded the imagination :)
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Decept-O

@tonis
I figured you had to today but you know, couldn't resist giving ol' Tonis a bit of "funnin' " as they say down South.   

Glad you like this although its a bit rough; might try another version or something else, don't know.   Yeah, I knew you were hinting a little in this direction but I HAD to use a Wizard.  Actually I kept thinking of J.R. R. Tolkien and his infamous picture on the back of his LOTR books where he's smoking a pipe, that was my inspiration.

Just so you know my Spring Wizard doesn't smoke any wacky tobacky, think of him as smoking "Celestial Seasonings" tea or natural bits like Mint, Lavender, and flowers.  That's my story and I 'm sticking to it.  Ha Ha!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O said:

@tonis
I figured you had to today but you know, couldn't resist giving ol' Tonis a bit of "funnin' " as they say down South.   

Glad you like this although its a bit rough; might try another version or something else, don't know.   Yeah, I knew you were hinting a little in this direction but I HAD to use a Wizard.  Actually I kept thinking of J.R. R. Tolkien and his infamous picture on the back of his LOTR books where he's smoking a pipe, that was my inspiration.

Just so you know my Spring Wizard doesn't smoke any wacky tobacky, think of him as smoking "Celestial Seasonings" tea or natural bits like Mint, Lavender, and flowers.  That's my story and I 'm sticking to it.  Ha Ha!

I do love the wizards, and Tolkienish was the first thing I thought so well done with that feel.
It does all end up 'celestial seasonings' when you blend it right so I'll stick with your story on the ingredients :)
UdontKnowMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UdontKnowMe
No Caption Provided
My version of Smoke is more of a manipulator than a hands-on fighter. She works from the shadows and is an enigmatic figure with no clear goal. She is hard to find, hard to catch, and you only get a glimpse of her out of the corner of your eye before she is gone.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tonis
@UdontKnowMe: very good, 'manipulator' was another idea I thought of with this power. Funny how smoke works, especially in that package ;)

They're gonna need a whole new surgeons general warning on that box :D
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Decept-O

Please disregard my other entry.  For now this is the sketch I'd like to submit but with the same story.  Undecided if I should add color or darkent this more, but for now this is the one to use, please.  Thanks.

The Spring Wizard decided to take a break from spell casting and lit up his pipe, filled with natural essences of Spring.  He uses Mint and Lavender to cast a pleasant aroma and ease his nerves.   He dreams of a female mate, one he has been seeking all his life, and while he daydreams, a Smoke Sprite emerges from his pipe.

He is enamored by her but knows this is but a fleeting dream, as how can one have a mate who flies upon the wind and the dreams of Wizards?

JLAsuperdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By JLAsuperdude

how do I post pictures?
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Decept-O:  love it , It tops gandalf smoking a ship lol
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@JLAsuperdude said:

how do I post pictures?

Use the insert and select  image function and you can upload right from your PC
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tonis
@JLAsuperdude said:
how do I post pictures?
what EGoD said, plus if you select the 'small' or 'medium' options it'll post it like a thumbnail aligned to the left or right. If you wanna post with it centered and bigger choose the 'large' option. Just know it won't show it bigger than 600 pixels wide max. 

@Decept-O: now she's really looking smoking. That's the cool swirly effect I likey :)
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis: Thanks!  I appreciate that a lot.  @lazystudent: Thanks!  Glad you like this one better. 
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Decept-O
  Here is the colored version. 
  Here is the colored version. 
StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#40  Edited By StarKiller809
@Decept-O
That is amazing work!!!! I wish I could draw and color that good.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Decept-O
@StarKiller809: Thank You for your kind comment.  I bet you can.  I have problems with coloring, its all a learning process.  Thanks again. 
GreenArrow789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GreenArrow789
@RedRobin92: Great Design. I really like the fireplace in the stomach. Very cool.
Spidermayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Spidermayne
Jonathan Kroh was rescued from a burning building. During this event he suffered third degree burns and entered a pain-induced coma. After 3 months of non-activity his girlfriend of four years decided to pull the plug. Nine months after his burial Jonathan was dug out of his grave by Professor Izab. Izab then brought Jonathan back to life in an evil experiment. Izab hoped to use Jonathan by making him retrieve patients from hospitals against their will so Izab could experiment on them. Instead, Jonathan escaped and tracked down his girlfriends location. Once he found his love, he was shocked to see her with another man. In a furious rage Jonathan slew them both. Jonathan returned to Izab afterwards and accepted his role as a monster, dawning the costume of Haze. Haze can emit smoke from a device attached to the "smoke-pack" tubes on his back, and can control the smoke using the buttons on his gloves and harness. Haze's belt buckle, when pressed, emits a blinding flash of light for upwards of 7 seconds. Due to his death, Haze feels no pain and heals faster than an average human. Haze has minor fighting abilities and can lift upward towards 1 ton with just one hand.
  Haze (Jonathan Kroh)
 Haze (Jonathan Kroh)

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By tonis
@Spidermayne: Haze, that's another one that slipped by me, excellent choice of names and nice ideas on the design. :) 
Is that a suit that holds him together? Kind of like Wildfire?
Spidermayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Spidermayne

@tonis  

Yea the suit kind of holds him together, missing skin in the rid/midsection area. I typed out a description twice as long as the one I just put up... but when I "posted reply" it did not show up :(. And to make my day even worse my scanner broke earlier (had to photobooth this picture and could not get it into photoshop) :(

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tonis
@Spidermayne: sorry to hear about the scanner, they can really drive us artists nuts when they act up. 
Nice addition with the origin, there's a lot of potential with a man scorned who has cool smoke powers :) 

This one I did a little different than my usuals. It's not so much about a person(s) as it is the oldest form of communication. 
In the old world, they would offer their first born in fire as sacrifice. Each tribe would find two who were the 'Luceo Non Uro', meaning 'I shine, not burn'. 
These two would be brought together in ritual to sing knowledge through smoke, that would rise to the skies and then rain back down to teach them all to grow.
 Smoke Scream
 Smoke Scream

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis: Love the story and description, not to mention the design.  Poetic and very fanciful, has a unique theme here, I dig it.  Nice work!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tonis

@Decept-O said:

@tonis: Love the story and description, not to mention the design. Poetic and very fanciful, has a unique theme here, I dig it. Nice work!

thanks buddy, loved the color upgrade on yours as well :)

ok looks like times up, I'll be putting the voting thread up shortly. Great job guys.