• 72 results
#1 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America has Bucky, Batman has Robin and Green Arrow has Speedy.

For this contest I'd like you all to choose a superhero and create a teenage sidekick for them.

Deadline is 28th January.

#2 Edited by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

No offense meant, @payno:

Advance LAUGHTER!!

Getting to work right now!!
#3 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio
@spawndon:
No offence taken. 

Drawing that picture actually gave me the idea for this contest. That and the new Young Justice cartoon!
#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

will do my best to enter.

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea.
#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this idea, I might actually be able to make a pic for this one. 

#7 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: Thank you for picking this topic, if it weren't for you I wouldn't have had the best idea I've ever had.  (pic spoiled for bigness)

#8 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: awesome Decoy, villains should have sidekicks too. I like him :)
#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
" @Decoy Elite: awesome Decoy, villains should have sidekicks too. I like him :) "
Thanks. :D 
Yeah, villains tend not to have sidekicks, although the ones that do usually are awesome like the Joker. 
#10 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a couple of good ideas in mind.... :D

#11 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

I just thought of a great idea

#12 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: 

Hey I got a question. I know Wolverine has the clone chick X-23 or something. But she isn`t considered a sidekick right? 

In short can I do a Wolverine Side kick?
#13 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio

@KidSupreme:

I don't think she's considered a side kick, so feel free to do a sidekick for Wolverine.

#14 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio

ADVOCATE (Sidekick of Daredevil

Stanley "Stan" Everett was the son of a small time petty crook. When his father double-crossed his criminal associates they got revenge by setting fire to their home. Both Stan and his father were trapped in the fire and his father burned to death. Luckily Stan was rescued from the blaze by Daredevil. But not before an explosion in the building damaged his ears rendering him deaf.  

After the rescue Stan tells Daredevil that he doesn't want to become a criminal like his father and asks Daredevil to train him to be a crimefighter so that he can track down the people responsible for his fathers death and bring them to justice. Daredevil feels sorry for the boy and, as he has no living relatives, takes him in as his legal guardian. 

He begins training Stan. He gives him the persona "Advocate" and outfits him with a costume (the same colour scheme of Daredevils original costume), that is equipped with highly sensitive listening devices, which create visual representations of sound and display them on the eyepieces of his mask, alerting him to potential danger. The eyepieces are also capable of heat and night vision. 
Advocate also carries two Tonfa (or nightsticks) which can be used as weapons or grappling hooks, similar to Daredevils billy clubs. 

ADVOCATE 

Daredevil
and his sidekick Advocate 

#15 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno:
Nice on, I like how you hid his face with the mask and left the top open, kinda like an upside down Daredevil.  Been trying to come up with something but I'm having an artists brain fart lol.
#16 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno:
Devil's Advocate.  Genius!
#17 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Another Photomanip.. :D

Pastiche sidekick of Superman's own Pastiche... 

#18 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Baah I'm just having fun... So here is Wolverine's sidekick ....  HOWEL-BOY I know not a very creative name! He is just so full of  ENERGY!

ENJOY!

Wolverine and Howel-boy

#19 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@KidSupreme:
Nice one, I like how Wolverine has that "aw crap I just split my pants!!!!" look and Howel-boy has that "Dude you woke me up" look. 

I'm hoping to get an entry in on this but my power source fried on my desktop and my craptop won't sync to my scanner :(
#20 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD: 
LoL Awesome thanks for the feedback Bro! :D
Also your right on the money about my drawing thats exactly it lol!!
Sorry to hear that about your desktop and laptop screwing up on you buttt i had a good laugh (craptop) lol
#21 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Meet Savage Dragon's new partner, Chameleon Dude!  

( bit of a rough draft hope to submit a better one soon)
#22 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Chameleon Dude as a ladies man is awesome. 

#23 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32651 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno said:
"
ADVOCATE (Sidekick of Daredevil

Stanley "Stan" Everett was the son of a small time petty crook. When his father double-crossed his criminal associates they got revenge by setting fire to their home. Both Stan and his father were trapped in the fire and his father burned to death. Luckily Stan was rescued from the blaze by Daredevil. But not before an explosion in the building damaged his ears rendering him deaf.  

After the rescue Stan tells Daredevil that he doesn't want to become a criminal like his father and asks Daredevil to train him to be a crimefighter so that he can track down the people responsible for his fathers death and bring them to justice. Daredevil feels sorry for the boy and, as he has no living relatives, takes him in as his legal guardian. 

He begins training Stan. He gives him the persona "Advocate" and outfits him with a costume (the same colour scheme of Daredevils original costume), that is equipped with highly sensitive listening devices, which create visual representations of sound and display them on the eyepieces of his mask, alerting him to potential danger. The eyepieces are also capable of heat and night vision. 
Advocate also carries two Tonfa (or nightsticks) which can be used as weapons or grappling hooks, similar to Daredevils billy clubs. 

ADVOCATE 

Daredevil
and his sidekick Advocate 

"
Dude this is fooking awesome if only it was real.
#24 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbat87: 

Thanks.
#25 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite:
Thanks!
#26 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: very cool character and very original gadgets.
#27 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876: 

Thanks very much.
#28 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

i love chameleon dude! nice work!

#29 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@SteveRodgers:
Thank You!
#30 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@SteveRodgers said:
" i love chameleon dude! nice work! "
might I add, there's at least a half a dozen immediate missions the eyes and tongue are gonna qualify for as useful :) 
great work Decept-O, good character design with a bonus on the panel portrayal
#31 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
You're too funny.   Those traits can indeed be helpful, especially for the Police Department where Savage Dragon works.  You know, because of budget constraints, they've been......scaling...back with their personnel.   

Thanks!  Still a bit of a rough draft but wanted to at least post this much.  Hope to submit a better one. 
#32 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: If I may ask, what coloring system do you use???
#33 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually colour my artwork using Photoshop.
#34 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno:
I like it alot! I also like the use of the Tonfa's :)
#35 Edited by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower:

thanks. 
#36 Edited by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a re-entry... lifted from Character Contest before... She is actually made by my younger cousin aka The Phoenix Child, he allowed me to use her again for this contest. He wanted to see how it will go when I draw and painted her. Actually guys... Maladay and another character Dokou Shoju are characters we made that we plan to make into a fan-fiction that will surround around Psylocke, Wolverine, Matsou Tsunaba and the Hand before picking up with their own series that. we plan to entitle Blood Sisters.

Code Name: Reptilia 
Name: Shereen Maladay Braddock  

She is a mutant born to have snake like skin whose scale becomes diamond sharp-edge if  she feels threaten. She also releases a variety of hormones and pheromones that can alter human mood, render unconsciousness and even death. Her blood is highly toxic that it can infect and kill humans within seconds if not given the proper antidote that she herself can only give.  She also have reptilian qualities like being cold blooded, can contort to fit tight places, above human speed, reflexes, minimal healing factor and strength. 

#37 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X:
I never specified anyone couldn't use the same character from a previous contest.  Don't think it should be a problem, though, never saw that one mentioned in the Artist Show-Off Guidelines.   
It is an interesting bio, and actually, she's a bit spooky! 
#38 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O 
 Actually, its a risk I want to take... what if, an artist would want a re-issue of his character since its original and just been rendered. What ever comes out with this risk, I will understand. 
Also, you should read her actual character profile during the Character Creation #13, me and my cousin were having a blast creating an entire story arc about her and her blood sister, Dokou Shoju. 

#39 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X:
Sorry, didn't mean to say "I specified, meant IT wasn't specified". Geez Louise on my part!  No  complaints my man, think it is cool, just wondering if this would ever be an issue, though, repeating something.  I did read the bio.  Not slamming you.
#40 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept_O 
No, you did not offend me nor do I feel you are slamming me. Its cool dude that you noticed. :-)

#41 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X:
I always notice your work and what you write.  Who doesn't?    I think its a good character.  Maybe she and Chameleon Dude can hook up?

I feel like a dumba$$ though with "I never specified".  Holy crap on that one.
#42 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol! 

It would be interesting that the two may hook up... they may have an offspring that can be a SALAMANDER! lol!

#43 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X said:

"Lol!  It would be interesting that the two may hook up... they may have an offspring that can be a SALAMANDER! lol! "

Aagghhhh!!!  I hate salamanders!  They creep me out to the Nth degree!  *shivers*  Ugh.  I can deal with other lizards, reptiles, and most amphibious creatures.  I don't like them a lot but I've handled snakes.    

However, salamanders.......noooooooo.....keep 'em away.  Aaaagghhhh!  *runs away*
#44 Posted by KidSupreme (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X: Awesome work... I`m curious what did you use to color it?
#45 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno:  no offence payno, and I think your art is awesome, but I feel Advocates costume doesn't really match daredevils too well. I know the colour scheme is based on the original one, but all of DD's costumes are lot more simpler in design than that ones, i.e one full body suit with gloves, boots and belt... it's just all the lines and sqaures on advocates looks vastly more complicated than Daredevils. Sorry for the criticism, just my opinion!
#46 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X: wow Ice, don't know what I was doing when you posted this but can't believe I almost missed it. 
LOVE Reptilia my man, great concept and you hit it beautiful in visuals.
#47 Edited by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Burn:

Don't worry I don't take that as criticism.

With Advocates costume I wanted not only to incorporate Daredevil's original colour scheme but I also tried to give a nod to Daredevil's armoured costume (see image below).  
The sort of 'V' shape across Advocates chest were an echo of the 'V' shapes on Daredevil's costume.  The padding on Advocates shoulders and upper thighs were supposed to mirror the shoulder and thigh armour of Daredevil's costume and I tried to make the detail on Advocates gloves similar to the shapes on the arms of DD's costume.

#48 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: ahh, makes a lot more sense now, and great pic to use for reference ideas. Now that's a bad-ass looking DD. 
Definitely makes me appreciate the sidekick and design even more :)
#49 Edited by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept_O 
LoL... i am not a fan of amphibians and reptiles. Sure, I do love dinosaurs when I was younger but it ends there. My brother has an burmese python and darn! I hate every monday and friday when I would hear the chicken crook its last as the snake will strangle and swallow it whole! 
Yuck!

@KidSupreme said:

" @IcePrince_X: Awesome work... I`m curious what did you use to color it? "

I am using Canon's Photostudio 5.5 program... it comes free when you buy their scanner.
#50 Posted by FrischDVH (597 posts) - - Show Bio

As a chinese orphan girl, Shin Yuha had very little in the way of future prospects. Abandonded by life itself, she turned to the HAND to provide for her the things she needed. She became amaster of the manrikigusari and wakazashi. When Electra took over the Hand, she took note of the way Shin fought. Not only with unbridled passion, but she moved as if it seemed she knew her opponent's next move. After tests and interviews, Elektra came to find that Shin was a descendant of the daughters of Fin Fang Foom. She had been blessed with a power called Evasive Muscular Precognition. The ability allowed Shin's body to instinctively posture itself in the best most defensible position in relation to her opponent. She couldn't be suprised, and her reaction time was near superhuman. Elektra ran her through the master assasin program, becoming her master. She renamed her Carya after the Greek princess granted the gift of prophecy by Apollo. 

CARYA 

The pic to the right shows how the wakazashi fits into the wrist housing with the manrikigusari.