#1 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting ends in 48 hours. 
 
 
LT1085                 
 
  
 
 

 EgoD  
 
  
 
 

IcePrince_X  
  
 
 

 
Dark Walker  
  
 
 

 
Decept-O  
 
  
 
 

tonis 

#2 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

LT gets my vote. 
 
(this is my official 500th post on the Artist Show-Off Showdown)

#3 Posted by payno (967 posts) - - Show Bio

EgoD
#4 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

im going to go with Dark Walker on this one

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Tonis. Great stuff there dude

#6 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

IcePrince.

#7 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

LT

#8 Edited by cbishop (7412 posts) - - Show Bio

LT1085 - George Clooney plays that character in the movie.  I like the skull on the gun butt - does it leave a skull mark when he pistolwhips someone, like the Phantom's ring? :) 
 
Tonis - love the Ms. Tress cover - funny stuff - I get that it's a play on "mistress," but with the word play breaking it into "Tress," I'd expect her to have some kind of animated-hair powers, like Marvel's Medusa
 
Decept-O - she kind of reminds me of Grace, from the Outsiders. 
 
EgoD,  IcePrince_X and Dark Walker - those are some awesome designs, but dress and/or heels didn't seem suited to combat, to me. 
 
I'd love to see all of these characters in stories, and get to know more about them, but on this contest, LT1085's got my vote.

#9 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop said:
"

Tonis - love the Ms. Tress cover - funny stuff - I get that it's a play on "mistress," but with the word play breaking it into "Tress," I'd expect her to have some kind of animated-hair powers, like Marvel's Medusa
"

actually was going more for Enchantress, but close.
If you expect dancing hair though we need more than 2 weeks, I can't in good concience whip out a Medusa I'd be happy with in less :)
#10 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather said:
" IcePrince. "
#11 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

IcePrince_X there's something very wicked about his character that appeals to me.  
 
@cbishop:  You better let all the superheroines who have wore heals that, even though mines not wearing heals they can be a very deadly weapon.  As for our girls wearing "dresses" Angelia Jolie proved a girl can fight in a dress. LOL I wanna watch Tomb Raider now. :-D

#12 Posted by Shatterstar (4537 posts) - - Show Bio

Egod

Moderator
#13 Posted by cbishop (7412 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
"actually was going more for Enchantress, but close.If you expect dancing hair though we need more than 2 weeks, I can't in good concience whip out a Medusa I'd be happy with in less :) "

No, I totally see the Enchantress influence.  What I mean is "tress" is a lock of hair, so to me, a character named "Ms. Tress" would have Medusa-like hair powers.  ...It's just the way I think, man. lol
#14 Posted by cbishop (7412 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Walker said:
"You better let all the superheroines who have wore heals that, even though mines not wearing heals they can be a very deadly weapon.  As for our girls wearing "dresses" Angelia Jolie proved a girl can fight in a dress. LOL I wanna watch Tomb Raider now. :-D"

Hm, hadn't considered that... do you think that was a full-on fight, or did she keep her dress intact through movie magic?  I know a lot of fem characters wear heels, but they stay intact through comic magic - especially spiked heels - those'd be breaking off every time they got in a big fight.  When I think of "combat," I think of full-on, hardnosed fights, where freedom of movement is desired, not a dress that wraps around the legs.  Dresses/ robes act kind of like capes for artists, helping to show motion, but in a real fight, they'd likely try to find a moment to tear it off to free up their motion.  Sure, I've overthought it some - that's me having fun with it - but LT's character fits the bill for me. :)
#15 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

eGod.

#16 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop said:
" @Dark Walker said:
"You better let all the superheroines who have wore heals that, even though mines not wearing heals they can be a very deadly weapon.  As for our girls wearing "dresses" Angelia Jolie proved a girl can fight in a dress. LOL I wanna watch Tomb Raider now. :-D"
Hm, hadn't considered that... do you think that was a full-on fight, or did she keep her dress intact through movie magic?  I know a lot of fem characters wear heels, but they stay intact through comic magic - especially spiked heels - those'd be breaking off every time they got in a big fight.  When I think of "combat," I think of full-on, hardnosed fights, where freedom of movement is desired, not a dress that wraps around the legs.  Dresses/ robes act kind of like capes for artists, helping to show motion, but in a real fight, they'd likely try to find a moment to tear it off to free up their motion.  Sure, I've overthought it some - that's me having fun with it - but LT's character fits the bill for me. :) "
some might think you think too much when there's a lot of enjoying to go on. We get it, LT knew what to do perfectly in your mind, he also seemed to be the only one who knew what a combat magician was exactly.
Although I agree heels don't make good battle shoes, I hope they never stop using them :)
#17 Posted by goosehorn (784 posts) - - Show Bio

tonis

#18 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Walker.   
 
A very tough choice on this one.  He used a good action pose,  nice coloring ( as always) and I like the weapons.
#19 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

  EgoD    

#20 Edited by Catastrophic (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only person who see the resemblance between LT's character and Warren Ellis's Gravel? 
 
Anyway LT gets my vote. :D 
 
Edit: I should have read the previous thread, now I look like an idiot. LT's design was influenced by Gravel.

#21 Posted by satanmode (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Some great ones in there.   My vote's for:
IcePrince_X

#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7875 posts) - - Show Bio

i like 3. 
 
EgoD 
Dark Walker 
tonis 
 
Ill go with Dark Walker. It was close for me tho
#23 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

 IcePrince_X

#24 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X:  
 
Congratulations IcePrince_X on your victory! Looking forward to the next one. Excellent efforts all around, thanks to everyone who participated.
#25 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno said:
"
EgoD "
Agreed. I cannot believe how many fantastic artists are on the 'Vine.
#26 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you guys for the votes! 
 
Hope to see you for the next Character Creation Contest! 
Will set this one up in a little while. 

#27 Posted by Kid Anarchy (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

iceprince