Character Creation Contest #2!

Manimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Manimal

While the winner is away he passed the contest back to me and told me what he was thinking.. He wanted everyone to know he appreciated the votes received, and to start off this contest with a fire based character.
So not many rules to this one..
Make an original comic character using your imagination.
Test your skill at drawing fire based powers.
It can be any species, any gender, and a hero, villain, or neutral character.
Entries are due by Monday the 8th.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ComicCrazy

nice choice i hope these contests continue i think they are great.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By ComicCrazy

Here is mine and his name is hothead and he can control fire and when he is controlling the fire the more annoyed he gets the more burning hot his fire gets and gets bigger and bigger.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for symbiote_penguin
Symbiote_Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Symbiote_Penguin

Sweet drawing ComicCrazy.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

ComicCray that's great!

I like the shadows on his face!!!

Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Selkirk

love the idea...did a great job on the flames

Avatar image for yuenish_leshathe
yuenish_leshathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yuenish_leshathe

I don't dare post mine.....:D

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IcePrince_X

No Caption Provided
Phire Mistress
She holds the Staff of Fire that creates her fire clothing... yes! She is a bald chick with no clothes except her boots if she ain't using her staff.
Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Selkirk

very nice work ice-very nice figure drawing and design(really digging the third eye). well, here is my oc-the match. a little setup is in order: she was an assistant to an assistant editor at people magazine and was one day assigned to cover a jonas bros outdoor concert. things soon went downhill(7 bucks for a diet coke?), she was extremely concerned about sunburn and bought some suntan lotion from a vendor...little did she know that the spf 420 she purchased was very experimental. she started feeling a bit dizzy and was singing a few blues traveller songs when a gaggle of teenage girls bumped her into a grill where a box of matches spilled on her head-interacting with the fumes from the chemicals they bonded to her head creating a match like(ok a match) coating on her head.

No Caption Provided
notes-she still wears the charred remains of a dress shirt and her panties(the only items that survived the terrific chemical mix)
further notes-she can light the match by striking her head on the ground...as illustrated in the action sequence.
furtherest notes-she still likes a couple of jonas bros songs
Avatar image for yuenish_leshathe
yuenish_leshathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yuenish_leshathe

nice one selkirk!!love the story!!:D

OCDiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OCDiva

No Caption Provided

Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Selkirk

@yuenish- much thanks...the story was more fun to write than the match was to draw :)
@oc very nice like the style quite a bit

kitetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kitetsu

Foxfire, a pyrokinetic who favors concentrating his flames out of his fingertips to form rapier-like needles. Also clad in fire-powered fencing armor. His fencing style somewhat focuses on counters.

Sorry, I was too scared to touch the shading on this one.

No Caption Provided

OCDiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OCDiva

my neighborhood is called foxfire lol :] i like the concept

JesseDemonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JesseDemonic

This is "Ifrit" the jinn angel of fire!

No Caption Provided

Crazy Pan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Crazy Pan

Okay so...I'm working on something...I doubt it'll win but it'll definitely get some laughs.

Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Selkirk

great work kitetsu-per usual awesome execution and great details. jesse im loving the idea of a djinn very well done.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sora_thekey

Here's mine:

Ember Soldier.....
She's a medievel soldier (sort of a Mulan story went in and disgsied herself as a man)
She faced off an evil  sorcerer that cursed her with the forever pain of feeling burn.... She cannot be hurt by fire physically but can feel the pain.... The sorceror went off and cursed many others and she decided to fend for the inicent and those who called themselves allies to this sorceror but forever feeling the pain.... she took away her disguise and became the Ember Soldier.....

I don't have a scanner so it's a little dark..... I I find a way to scan it before the deadline I'll post it!

No Caption Provided

goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By goosehorn

i would scan this but this drawing is in a sketchbook

No Caption Provided

not the best pic but itll do you cant see his fist that is in flames oh well

No Caption Provided

close up

so the story so far-----fire god plus crime against humanity equals inprisonment foever in magic armour

note--fire hair,beard also fire leaking out of his left elbow joint and collar and the double cresent moon is a seal that keeps his godly powers in a dorment state

sorry guys this is the best i could come up with in such short time
The Evulser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The Evulser

I was going to draw a man in a business suit running with fire on his back and a little kid behind him with a match, but I got lazy.

Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Selkirk

very nice goose...particularly the face

JesseDemonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JesseDemonic
@Selkirk: thank's man. I appreciate the compliment. I cnt believe someone else knabout Jinns and the rogue jinn named ifrit
from the quran bible and NOT the ifrit from final fantasy video games... very cool you know about jinns dude. kudos
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Calvin

So maybe it was stupidity or just bravery, but I did tried to draw something! And even posted here!

The drawing may defies your definition of perspective, shapes and shadows. So please use your imagination.

Name: Stuart Lee

Setup: An Eurasian superhero trapped living in a broken reality. In the Century XXXI the mankind applied the theories of the Time Travel. After some successful testing it was tried to to make actual travel. This was the ultimate mistake as it let to the destroyed the very fabric of the time/space continuum. Suddenly things, people and and events where in the wrong Time. It was a great opportunity to meet interesting people and watch important events, but as a side effect kings, emperors and generals of all different eras were trying to take over the world with super advanced technology and dinosaurs were feeding on humans as easy preys.

Mission: He and his twin sister are trying to build a machine to restore the time line. They travel across the world, help the people they find and look for the components they need. They paradox is: their mother was a Japanese astronaut from the Century XXVII and their father a European knight from the Century XVI.

Will the siblings be able to make the ultimate sacrifice by erasing themselves from existence? Will the Universe be able to take another Time Paradox, because if they do save the universe by restoring the reality and by consequence erase themselves from existence, how could they have saved the universe in the first place?

Save house: They guard their stuff on a Nuclear Power Plant. They will need nuclear energy once they finish the machine.

Powers:
He took a serum from the future made for firefighters and rescuers. The serum made him invulnerable to fire and gave him a heat sense. He also the bearer of a ring he took from a dead sun worshiper Pharaoh. The rings allows him to use the energy of the sun to rearrange the gases in the atmosphere to ignite it thus creating fire at his will.

Here's an image of him shooting fire of his feet as a human bullet, saving a blond stranger in the streets of Manhattan from a Tyrannosaurus Rex, perhaps.

He's known to wear shorts, a bullet proof vest, a courier bag and goggles. - Because of insects at high speed.

No Caption Provided

Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Selkirk

love the back story...very detailed. however, speaking of backs you should have drawn him from the front...

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sora_thekey
@Calvin: Wow Calvin welcome to the contest......

Nice backstory.... Selkirk is right the front would've been better.....

Still it's very good since the contest is about creating a Character and you did a very good job!
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Calvin
Selkirk said:
love the back story...very detailed. however, speaking of backs you should have drawn him from the front...
You say that because you never saw the faces I draw....  =D
Thank very much, I had lots of fun thinking about the story.
Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Calvin
@sora_thekey: Thank you very much, I did have fun with this.

And I love the firely chick you made. The visual are great! I love her stand, great fire hair cut, and as a whole the the fire in her body was very nicely done. That kind of belt is always so good looking, it was a good choice. And it's great to see how well you controlled the directions, the fire in her body and the hair and the belt, all are being pushed in the same direction by the wind, I think.

As for the story, well I feel that there aren't enough mediavel superheroes, so very good too!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 41,743

nice pics everyone

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Wow, cool stuff here, Ice and Sora you guys have some really stunning work again.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sora_thekey
Calvin said:
@sora_thekey: Thank you very much, I did have fun with this. And I love the firely chick you made. The ... [more]
Thanks... I actually had a lot of fun creating a costume but in the end she came out only with the belt

@EGoD:  Thanks....

Are we goign to get to see one of your pieces of art in this competition?
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Well I usually don't enter contests I start, I know I technically didn't start this one since I was on vacation when it was started but I kind of go all out with my fire based characters so since today is the deadline I wouldn't have time.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sora_thekey

Did voting start allready?

Avatar image for james_micahel_pym
JAMES MICAHEL PYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points