Character Creation Contest #11

kankywompous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kankywompous

The Egyptian Mythos has been used and abused by damn near everything under the sun. From Yu-gi-oh to Stargate, The Mummy to X-Men, there have been great failures and great successes in reimagining and defining the culture. 

So go forth and create an Egyptian themed character. The only requirement (outside of being Egyptian themed) is that the head (be it via a helmet or natural or however you pull it off) is representational of an animal. Could be an animal natural to the culture or completely alien.

Ends Sunday, Nov 8. Voting on the 9th.

Have fun!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sora_thekey

Niiice pic.... I HAVE to enter this one!
Kid Anarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Kid Anarchy

Left - Ariana Bennu  
Ariana was obsessed with the pheonix. The beautiful flame engulfed bird was all she had interest in. Upon meeting a man called Marcus Kebos (right) she was informed that if she wore the phoenix headgear and attrieved he Ancient Fire Element Stone, she would be able to have the powers of the bird herself. She believed him and after working with him, she found the stone. She gained the ability to fly and control and turn into fire, however her headgear is unable to be removed. She's spotted flying above the deserts of Egypt when the sun shines brightest. Engulfing her victims who get lost in flames.

Right - Marcus Kebos 
Inspired by Sobek, the deification of crocodiles, Marcus donned a Crocodile helmet and set search for the Ancient Water Element Stone which would allow him to gain the abilities of Sobek. After meeting Ariana and 4years of searching, Marcus found the stone but his headgear became his actual head. Now with a crocodile head and complete control of water, Marcus can be found lurking in the Nile. Killing and feasting on innocent Egyptians.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Hey Iove Yu-Gi-Oh! lol.   I am definitely doing this one, I love mythology.
kankywompous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kankywompous
@EGoD said:
" Hey Iove Yu-Gi-Oh! lol.   I am definitely doing this one, I love mythology. "
So do I, actually. Well, the comic mostly. The dubbed cartoon brought over to the US kind of grated on my nerves. And I'm a big fan of Egyptian Mythology. ^^
Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Selkirk

@kid anarchy really cool...particularly digging the crocodile king.

Kid Anarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Kid Anarchy

thanks man :)

darkgundamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkgundamz

Very old (around three or four years ago with all the art flaws intact) character designs for a superhero character I had in mind since I was in junior high school.   

Sunfalcon- Evan Marshall. One part Bruce Wayne, one part Tony Stark, one part Hawkman. Due to a half alien  heritage he is possessed with physical strength, stamina, and a mental acuity on a higher level than an average Earth born human as well as a longer life span.  Possesses ancient alien tech and weaponry which he has updated and augmented. His mother and grandfather belong to an ancient alien race , the A'sharu, that came to Earth millions of years ago after their home planet was destroyed during a galactic war with a cosmic god level alien race.  The A'sharu were responsible for early humans learn the ways of magic as well as influencing what became the Egyptian, Babalonian, Aztec & Mayan cultures/civilizations.  His grandfather using his true A'sharu name of Sokar Thoth, was to be the Dr. Strange/Dr. Fate for my little universe. 

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thatguy

if i have enough time i have something decent in mind.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Agent Buttons
dig it
goth_kiss666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By goth_kiss666

i did this one last night  
he doesnt have a name yet  but she can control the bodies of dead animals completly altering the size aswell she is always seen with a dead snake that in battle is enlarged to become a helmet

thatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thatguy

Badru the Merciless
Height: 5'6'' 
Weight: 240 lbs.

Badru is an Egyptian native who has amazing abilities many which he uses to perfection. Badru has an amazing healing factor described close to Wolverine's. He is capable of lifting 2 tons and able to run 60-70 miles per hour. Badru is also able to leap much further than any normal human being, standing he can jump 30 ft straight into the air, as an extra he's has an amazing gymnastic ability, tumbling and turning with ease in the air, but what Badru thrives on is his ability to communicate with reptiles and very few arachnid (such as scorpions) His personal favorite are snakes, he usually surronds himself in poisonous native snakes such as the dreaded asp. Not limiting to only snakes he can use crocodiles as well. He wears an adamantium wrist band with two blades on it, one which sticks straight out running off his hand and one which curves along his forearm. Badru also thrives in his own fighting style which is almost a form of capoeira which incorperates his blade. One of Badru's most dangerous weapon is his blood, when cut, whatever drips out before healed is as poisonous as any snakes venom, he also has found a way to manipulate his glands into wear he can spit this venom into a fighters eyes. All of this combined makes for a sick killing machine.

No Caption Provided

He's kinda of my version of an Egyptian Wolverine, with some added abilities.

oh and btw....i cant draw damn feet!
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Caligula

I present to you.... CleoCATra
TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By TheBug

Really bad and messy.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Here's my entry, he wears the falcon helmet which gives him the powers of the Egyptian God Horus, he has wings to fly and can generate the light of the sun which allows him to bend light particles into various weapons.  I'd get into more detail but I'm kinda in a hurry right now, lol.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Aronmorales

If only I had the paper...

PLUTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PLUTON

Bastet the cat face God inspired by   Enki Bilal comic

No Caption Provided
goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By goosehorn

no even going to bother and finish this      
no even going to bother and finish this      
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Caligula
@goosehorn said:
"
no even going to bother and finish this
"

Why not, I like it.
The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By The_Warlord
@Caligula said:
" @goosehorn said:
"
"
Why not, I like it. "
Me too
goosehorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By goosehorn
@Caligula:  because when i  stare at it all i see is mistakes!! i cant find one good reason to finish  this horrendous drawing
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Caligula
@goosehorn said:
" @Caligula:  because when i  stare at it all i see is mistakes!! i cant find one good reason to finish  this horrendous drawing "

I've been there, every one around my is like yo it's good man, and im like it's wretched. lol.
Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Selkirk

wow this thread is really going well...topnotch work so far. may have to pirate :) some of the cathead lady ideas.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chaos-soul

No Caption Provided
this is not the fullest extent of my art ability. this is un-dope becuz my main focuz is the work im gettin paid for right now(graffiti work)(shoulda done this in graffiti style probly woulda been better.)
lol
 on another note................@EGoD said:
"
Here's my entry, he wears the falcon helmet which gives him the powers of the Egyptian God Horus, he has wings to fly and can generate the light of the sun which allows him to bend light particles into various weapons.  I'd get into more detail but I'm kinda in a hurry right now, lol.

No Caption Provided
"

this is insanely dope. and i dont want any one to think i bit this guys(or girls)
 stuff this is purely coincidence that our chars have powers from the same god and what not. i chose horus becuz he is dope and i thought every one was gonna do ra. i should have done the goddes of war tho
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sevennames27
@EGoD said:
"

"

SO COOL!
Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Selkirk

working on mine here will have it done by 12 pm....

Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Selkirk

ok here she is ....meow goddess(w/apologies to pluton).

No Caption Provided
PLUTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PLUTON
@Selkirk:  lol... she is beautifull
Selkirk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Selkirk

heh thanks bro...felt i owed you a debt of gratitude on this one as i kept referencing yours as to clues as to how to make mine work :).

PLUTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PLUTON
@Selkirk: lol and I kept referencing to Bilal s movie... heres the original Bastet 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for the_phoenix_child
The Phoenix Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nekid gods?

yikes!

PLUTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PLUTON
@The Phoenix Child:  lol yeah the movie wasnt so good... but the comic is great!!!