#1 Posted by redscare (441 posts) - - Show Bio

For the next Character Creation Contest the topic will be one close to my youth... DUNGEONS & DRAGONS.

I played a lot of D&D when I was younger and have a lot of great memories and stories, as I'm sure some of you may have. This contest is relatively simple: create a character that fits into a D&D setting. Choose your class, choose your race, the only thing is that it needs to be a 'playable character' (i.e. no dragons or giants or 'Monsters').

The entry can be of a character you've played or something new, but the art has to be drawn between today and the deadline. If it's something you've played in game before, share a little about your adventures also!

Deadline is February 15th @ Midnight (Eastern)

PM me if you have any questions, etc.

List of Classes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_class_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

List of Character Races: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_race_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

@shatterstar => could you pin this please?

#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Are characters and races the same as those in the forgotten realms video games? Cause I haven't played DND per se but played much video games.

#3 Posted by redscare (441 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad - Yeah, basically. D&D borrows a lot from Tolkien and a lot of other fantasy properties, so this is pretty open to some interpretation I guess.

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: Not familiar with D & D despite my fondness for Fantasy art, stories, and comics. Good choice.

#5 Edited by ARMIV2 (8419 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh shoot, if I don't have something for this it'll be a personal travesty.

#6 Posted by wildcats25 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I got into fantasy roleplaying kinda late. (I was this stubborn sci-fi fan) with very little that i played, i wish i played more.

I was thinking of a half-orc character or, can i be a reptilian race?

(I've just caught up with Game of Thrones on HBO and its really sparked this "wanting" to play D&D)

#7 Posted by redscare (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Either work fine. DnD has lizard men, dragon-kin... There's a few options. Half Orc is a playable race too.

#8 Posted by wildcats25 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I went with the Half-Orc idea. damn, now I want to play with this character!!!

#9 Posted by BumpyBoo (8430 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: Congratulations on the win, dude! Very intriguing theme for this one ^_^

#10 Posted by redscare (441 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo Thanks! I've played DnD for like 16 years and I really enjoy the game... I've been holding onto this idea for a little while now.

#11 Edited by ARMIV2 (8419 posts) - - Show Bio
Maron the Dwarf. Total fighter class.

Now in color!

#12 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

love this contest, got an entry ready just need to colour it. to give a hint, its an Artificer whose species is ambiguous... kinda :P

#13 Edited by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio
Gertrude Ivast/Artificier/female human?-dwarf?-halfling? personally I cant tell :P

#14 Posted by ARMIV2 (8419 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine: