#1 Posted by Shatterstar (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright Mrnoitaull has been awol for a while, I PMed him but doesn't look like a contest ever got up and running. So to keep this series alive, here's the 71st challenge thread...

Create a 90's throwback superhero/villain/antihero, someone that would fit right in with some of these guys. 2 week deadline- Monday Oct 28th voting starts so get those entries in on time. Anyone and everyone is welcome to enter.

#2 Posted by artiom1q2w (345 posts) - - Show Bio

is it fine?

#3 Posted by wildcats25 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

oh, why not.

#4 Edited by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkhawk seems so random in this group.

#5 Posted by Mrnoitaull (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah sorry about that @shatterstar , I'll do better though.

I'll also participate in this awesomeness.

#6 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

i grew up in the 90's, i just would have to dust off some of my old characters and I should have some cool entries lol

#7 Posted by wildcats25 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe i'll do a cover with all of the submissions. (thinks about it)

#8 Edited by Shatterstar (4572 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a plethora of tropes to choose from but Darkhawk was a big deal for a brief period in the early 90s, armor on everyone became a thing.

Bonus points if the character's name has any combination or at least two of these words:

DarkBloodFireScarlet
DeathWolf/WulfRockStrike
KnightStarReignHawk
LockDieDeadRain
WildHardStormHammer

etc

Nice entries wildcat & artiom both the sort of stereotypical strong dudes of whatever team they're on, both with seemingly pointless bands on their appendages.

#9 Edited by axel2396 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Death Rain :D

Thats my entry, may add colors to it later if i had enough time :)

#10 Edited by bennyq (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for the quick and nasty effort today.

Presenting... Death Kyll!

Hiding the feet was a tactic that some artists used in the 90's, as was adding a pointless "Y" to a character's name.

Side note: My band in highschool had a mock powermetal song called Death Kill.

#11 Posted by ARMIV2 (8722 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I have to try something for this.

#12 Edited by redscare (463 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a good topic but it's also the worst topic. I made a check list for my drawing and kept to it. Shoulder Pads? Check. Missing foot? Check. Large, nondescript rectangular gun? Yep. Weird safety cone shaped boot? Yep again. Ponytail, Cable-esque arm, a weird looking communications tower earpiece, random spikes, energy power, random bandage with ribbons, bland costume, strapped gun on back, face tattoo... all yes... and I like my draw but I also really don't at the same time. :) Heck, I even draw a tattered paper around my sig stamp in the corner.

Thank the gods the 90's are gone... bad time for comics...

DEATHCRASH takes posing to the EXTREME!!!

#13 Posted by Recebear (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man! These are AMAZING! I love Death Kyll (even my pouches have pouches!) and DeathCrash!!!! LOL

#14 Posted by patzello (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for the smudgy. I just saw this today and had to throw something together.

No nose, mowhawks, chains and punk.

I shall call him Hard Hawk.