#1 Edited by lostskies (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to Character Creation #64!

The theme this time around is a good ol' fashioned SPACE WESTERN! Imagine, if you will: Galactic Marshals fighting renegade cyborg gunslingers, alien saloon girls, asteroid prospectors - this is a broad category, but mythic Old West elements must be noticeably fused in a Space Opera setting. Here are a few examples to round up your imagination:

Alrighty partner, saddle up and hold on to your hats, this'll be one wild ride!

Deadline: Monday, April 1st at midnight Mountain Standard Time!

#2 Posted by deltaoutlaw (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Firefly AND Bravestar? Freakin' sweet. I'm excited for this one.

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooooooooh-hoo-hoo!

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup.

#5 Posted by Boxinbeard (31 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds fun

#6 Posted by Om4zd (922 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by wildcats25 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

"Reach for the skies!"

#8 Posted by ARMIV2 (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

A distant moon illuminates a distant world. Underneath that silver glow riding a strange and fantastic beast of burden is a tall and thin figure whose eyes glow brighter than any candle. His garb is makeshift and his weapon is foreign to him, but he understands and respects its power for he has seen it used before; upon his own kind as they were rounded up and forced into cells and pens like common animals. To the alien invaders who call themselves "Earth men", they are nothing more than test subjects to be prodded and pierced for the advancement of their sick gains, but the beast rider knows better than that. Adopting his test-subject name 'Windsor" as a new persona dedicated to the freedom of his people and liberation of his planet, he goes out into his once familiar world only to discover that so much has changed now that the human invaders have had their ways embedded into parts and places once thought untouchable. He uncovers much along the way, but in the end, will he see his quest end in liberty and justice? He rides to see that happen.

#9 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2:

Awesome man, super cool!

#10 Posted by ARMIV2 (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@ARMIV2:

Awesome man, super cool!

Thanks!

#11 Edited by weenman1 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

The patchwork planet Crix is constantly raided by renegades from neighboring moons until the United Super-Front hires renegade, outlaw Robot Fondelle-48 to take out the trash! With her mesmerizing stare and big ol' guns no man, woman, robot or child can stop her from completely annihilating pretty much anyone she's programed to.

#12 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@weenman1:

Great stuff! :)

#13 Posted by lostskies (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Great turnout all ready! Fantastic work, everyone!

#14 Posted by weenman1 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: Thanks!

#15 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

@iamthewolf88: Great design!

#17 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2 said:

@iamthewolf88: Great design!

Thank you. :)

#18 Posted by Shatterstar (4551 posts) - - Show Bio

These are tremendous.

#19 Posted by weenman1 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd:

Yo u gotta ink this one, love the visor!

#20 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (228 posts) - - Show Bio

This just made my brain implode with awesomeness :) Great entries so far guys. Keep them coming.

#21 Edited by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: Holy Pepperoni. I frikkin' love this one by you! These entries are great but this really seems to capture the theme very well. Nicely done.

#22 Posted by ARMIV2 (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o said:

@armiv2: Holy Pepperoni. I frikkin' love this one by you! These entries are great but this really seems to capture the theme very well. Nicely done.

Well thank you, man! Thank you very much!

#23 Posted by lostskies (41 posts) - - Show Bio

We're getting close to the deadline! I'm scrambling- kind of going for something big :)

#24 Posted by lostskies (41 posts) - - Show Bio

My entry.

Cal 10862 had narrowly escaped the slave camps on Epsilon Alpha IV, losing his arm along the way. He's since become the fastest draw this side of the Orion Frontier. But while the gunfighter's reputation has earned him many jobs, it's also earned him a spot on the Imperium's Ten Most Wanted list!

Contest closes tomorrow night at midnight MST! Get your entries in pronto!

#25 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed a pattern of hats and revolvers/pistols with almost all the other entries, so I decided to go with another side of the old west.

Considered by his tribe to be one of their bravest warriors, but definitely their swiftest, Oneye Shortusk (yeah, I'm lazy with names) is constantly on the watch for their droid-bandit oppressors. He has taken a liking to keeping their parts as trophies and even wears them as long as they're small enough so as not to hinder his movements. Recovered memory drives from the fallen droids have shown that once their audio receptors have picked up on just the faintest rattling of their former comrades' parts, it's already too late.

#26 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey: Thanks, glad u approve, actually Yosemite/ZZTop. ;P

#29 Posted by lostskies (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Alrighty! What a great turnout!! Contest entry round is now closed, I'll be posting the voting thread later today. Good job everyone!