fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fiodestromus

So i'm using beta ray bill as way to show the improvement of digital painting

I have to retry/revisit the second one(I didnt know how to use photo shop at the time and am still learning)

The third one is a 5 day practicing jump from the second one

I also haven't posted in while because of school lol

but with my current classes I might get some more free time to upload some more drawing(last semester was something else )

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damn man, you improve extremely fast. Great work, dude.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn man, you improve extremely fast. Great work, dude.

gotta keep getting at it though :}

had watched tutorials everyday that week :}

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fiodestromus
No Caption Provided

Something i started on after my reply

Trying to figure out how to add the shadows in so I can get clarity.

I feel like my compositions look really blurry at times.

any critiques or direction pointers ??

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Oh wow,looking good so far, man! Interesting stuff :)

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Thanks :} doing some painting right now actually lol

gonna post later :}

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It looks great, man. Especially the rendering on the face. As far as looking blurry, obviously the solution is to make your art more defined. Try using a hard-edged brush around the edges of the character you're drawing as well as on any sharp edges on armor and such. Another thing to keep in mind is shadow will give your painting depth, but highlights are what really make an image pop - It's also fun playing around with different color highlights to effect the mood. That being said, I'm still not much good at this myself, but if you don't mind I can edit your above image as an example of what I'm taking about?

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fiodestromus

@battle_forum_junkie said:

It looks great, man. Especially the rendering on the face. As far as looking blurry, obviously the solution is to make your art more defined. Try using a hard-edged brush around the edges of the character you're drawing as well as on any sharp edges on armor and such. Another thing to keep in mind is shadow will give your painting depth, but highlights are what really make an image pop - It's also fun playing around with different color highlights to effect the mood. That being said, I'm still not much good at this myself, but if you don't mind I can edit your above image as an example of what I'm taking about?

Thanks for the feedback!!! :}

That would be awesome I wouldn't mind at all

And sorry for the late reply.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Sorry for the late reply as well. So all I did was add those hard edges I was talking about - mainly to the shoulder armor. Then I did a little touching up on the face and added highlights to the side of his face and arm. All the colors where picked from your pallet, just using that hard edged brush and a softer one for the highlights that where further away from the light source. I also thought it was worth mentioning that the harsher the highlight is, the more the viewer's eye is drawn too it. This is also fun to play around with. Again, I'm not that much good at this myself, but I hope I helped.

No Caption Provided

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiodestromus said:

Sorry for the late reply as well. So all I did was add those hard edges I was talking about - mainly to the shoulder armor. Then I did a little touching up on the face and added highlights to the side of his face and arm. All the colors where picked from your pallet, just using that hard edged brush and a softer one for the highlights that where further away from the light source. I also thought it was worth mentioning that the harsher the highlight is, the more the viewer's eye is drawn too it. This is also fun to play around with. Again, I'm not that much good at this myself, but I hope I helped.

No Caption Provided

Ahh i see exactly what you did here

I took you advice and did another painting but this time of Darth Talon

I'll post it in a few and tag you in it