#1 Edited by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple contest, the theme of which has run throughout many of the battle contests in some form or another. Pick two characters from different publishers who are OBVIOUS dopplegangers and have them fight it out. Is one an improvement on a tired idea, or is it impossible to beat the original? Really don't like the Sentry? have Supes take care of him. Want Thing and Badrock to knock each other's blocks off? go for it. Ultimate wolverine and 616 wolverine are still the same character, just alternate dimensions, so such a situation wouldn't work. But if you think Ripclaw is a Rip-off and want Logan to show him what's what, go for it. Want to revisit Deathstroke vs. Deadpool-why not. Bonus points (that don't count) for a small back story.

please pin.

*if such a contest has been done before just let me know, and I'll change it (or if it needs to be two specific characters, happy to change).

Deadline: Sept. 12

#2 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

interestiiing lol
#3 Posted by Blizaga101 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

i second that notion and would love to enter this :P

#4 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Go for it! Welcome all comers!

#5 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

i am taking this challenge

i am taking this challenge!

this is my entry freakazoid! vs the mask

i think those two are doppelgangers because those two are geeks that become funny , crazy and freaky heroe.

#6 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff!

#7 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam Vs Prime-Recess fight of the century. Painted the background with watercolor and acrylic and regular old pencil/ink/paint.net in the foreground

#8 Edited by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dbennett6684: oooooh! i like it!

#9 Posted by jogoboom (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dbennett6684: That is awesome-sauce!

#10 Posted by SoA (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dbennett6684: lol nice!

#11 Posted by Chaos Burn (1773 posts) - - Show Bio

Did this one on paint (i'm not an artist) but this was too good to pass up

The Dark Knight versus the Moon Knight

Back Story -

Alfred and Frenchie make a bet?

#12 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it!

#13 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's mine.. Nyehehe!

#14 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: coooooollllllllllllllllllll i hadn't thought about it ,they really look alike

#15 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Ha ha ha. This is classic you. I always expect something funny when you're putting something on the vine! :D

#16 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: Hehe! I didn't realize it before as well. t was suggested by my nephew.

@deadpool1109: Hehe! Thanks... Though I never really understood why my "funny" stuff get more attention. I could be wrong but I believe the majority of my posts (including illustrations) are of the serious nature... Perhaps they're lame... Nyahahaha! :D

#17 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: Pure brilliance!

#18 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (675 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@artiom1q2w: Hehe! I didn't realize it before as well. t was suggested by my nephew.

@deadpool1109: Hehe! Thanks... Though I never really understood why my "funny" stuff get more attention. I could be wrong but I believe the majority of my posts (including illustrations) are of the serious nature... Perhaps they're lame... Nyahahaha! :D

Honestly, I think comedy resonates with people. If I'm having a crappy day and I see a badass drawing of Galactus I may be impressed but it's not going to improve my mood. But a crappy day and you see something that makes you chuckle amid all the other things crapping up your day. That can be powerful and memorable. Comedy is a great way to express oneself.

#19 Posted by 47Taskmaster47 (406 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman "Since my parents death I have been a symbol of the night, bringing justice to evildeors."

Daredevil "You stole my origin story."

Not sure if this counts because there not really that similar, I just thought their origin stories were a litlle close to eachother.

I kinda messed up on the Heads.

#20 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@47Taskmaster47: Haha! Such balls from Matt to point his finger right in the face of Bats. Hehe! I'd love to see how this fight ends.

#21 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Honestly, I think comedy resonates with people. If I'm having a crappy day and I see a badass drawing of Galactus I may be impressed but it's not going to improve my mood. But a crappy day and you see something that makes you chuckle amid all the other things crapping up your day. That can be powerful and memorable. Comedy is a great way to express oneself.

That's true. And that is probably why we all remember ssejllenrad's funny stuff over his other art.

Also when I joined the artist forum on the vine I remember ssenjllenrad putting up the randomest things and making the funniest comments. So that's kinda stuck. :D

#22 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so here is my version. I'm posting two. The user behind behind this contest can pick whichever one he/she thinks looks better. Since I'm in office I can't colour it, so I used a software called pixlr.com/editor online and coloured or should I say tried to colour it

It's Black Adam vs Omni-man. (Both characters are Superman based in my opinion)

#23 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

#24 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkeye VS Green Arrow
#25 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (675 posts) - - Show Bio

@bennyq: Heh, I almost used that pairing. :)

Nice work.

#26 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@bennyq: Great job!

#27 Posted by 47Taskmaster47 (406 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@bennyq: Heh, I almost used that pairing. :)

Nice work.

@bennyq

said:

Hawkeye VS Green Arrow

I also almost used them.

#28 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really entries but since I'm a muthaf*cking arrogant vain attention man-whore.... Here're some of my works with (the same theme as this contest) from years back just to inspire more entries... Nyahahaha!

#29 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad: The Captain Marvel/Thor picture is stunning!

#30 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: @Strafe Prower: Thanks guys. Just realized I forgot to draw the actual arrows!

#31 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (675 posts) - - Show Bio

@bennyq said:

@ZZoMBiE13: @Strafe Prower: Thanks guys. Just realized I forgot to draw the actual arrows!

I hope you're planning to give Ollie the boxing glove arrow. :D

#32 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! I had a blast with this one! Namor vs Aquaman!

#33 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@UdontKnowMe: Once again, great job!

#34 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dbennett6684: if that nice was for me. I thank you! :D

#35 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@UdontKnowMe said:

Wow! I had a blast with this one! Namor vs Aquaman!

Currently my favourite among the entries.

#36 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff udontknowme. Voting will go up tomorrow evening around 6:00

#37 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Voting thread is now up below

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/artist-show-off/4/battle-contest-42-voting/693946/#2