• 55 results
raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By raamesirote

For this battle contest draw a fight between Gambit and Spider-man.

The deadline is Mar. 30. Have fun

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

@Rockfall: Congrats on the win! Great battle idea, looking forward to it.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Neat, hmm I just got an idea for it but I'm not sure I will be able to squeeze it in :(

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By IcePrince_X

Now this will be one dynamic battle!

Good choice and congrats Rockfall!

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By raamesirote

@Decept-O: @IcePrince_X: thank you

SteveRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SteveRodgers
No Caption Provided

not bad for my first attempt at gambit

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By raamesirote

@SteveRodgers: nice job

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By raamesirote

OK, so here is my entry for Gambit vs Spider-Man, hope you like it

No Caption Provided

I look forward to seeing everyone else's entries soon

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Rockfall: That's excellent!

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By raamesirote

@k4tzm4n: thanks

XTREEMMAK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XTREEMMAK

This should turn out to be pretty good. Cant wait to see the results

Good work to those who have already posted.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KEROGA
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KEROGA

gambit vs black suit spider-man. extremely proud in my entry! =) =P

Ellocobruja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ellocobruja

i'm trying to picture a universe were gambit wins.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rasarima

@LeeThomasART THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY

Very fun to do!
Very fun to do!
raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raamesirote

@KEROGA: really really awesome, you should be proud of this.

LeeThomasART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LeeThomasART

@Rasarima said:

Very fun to do!
Very fun to do!

Get out. Just go and never come back. This is OBVIOUSLY not your own work. This entry will be disqualified.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rasarima

This is not an entry..... and yes it is my work.

Or i am the only one using photoshop here? The guidelines say that we need to give proper credit, but i DONT know the original model artists, so....again not an entry.

it was fun to do regardless, 4 to 5 hours of work...noob here

Your own art seems to be digital art too, so why the hate? for simplification, desqualify ALL my entries, I do it for fun, not praise.

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By spawndon

@Rasarima: you my friend are using 100% stock images.... and just cut pasting them with a little bit of effort (which of course does not qualify)

you need to show some real work, draw something, or 3d model, 3d posing etc...

a simple drawn picture will qualify, but not this

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By payno
No Caption Provided
raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By raamesirote

@payno: really awesome, just awesome!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Decept-O

@payno: Nice work!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

@payno: Oh man, that is AWESOME!

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By payno

@Rockfall: @Decept-O: @Deranged Midget: Thanks for the comments folks. Glad you all like it.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rasarima

@payno: Ok....this is very good!!!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tonis

@LeeThomasART: @spawndon: guys, we're dealing with free contests being done for fun, lighten up on the whole artist integrity thing, any effort is better than none and there's no reason people playing with photoshop can't enjoy and contribute without being made to feel like they did something wrong.

He didn't just post someone else's image and claim it his own, that would have been wrong, he used pieces of images and made a new image of them that's just as relevant as any other in here.

You don't have to admit that took any effort, but you both know as well as I do that it does. Why get so worked up over fan art? That is what these threads still are aren't they?

and LT, you know I love your work and you consistently manage to impress me, but come on, you of all people know the evolution of a digital artist involves all sorts of experimentation and growth to accomplish. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black ;)

@Rasarima: personally I liked what you did, looks cool and you composed the pieces together rather well. Hopefully things will lighten up a little around here and we'll get to see how the skills evolve :)

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spawndon

@tonis said:

@LeeThomasART: @spawndon: guys, we're dealing with free contests being done for fun, lighten up on the whole artist integrity thing, any effort is better than none and there's no reason people playing with photoshop can't enjoy and contribute without being made to feel like they did something wrong.

He didn't just post someone else's image and claim it his own, that would have been wrong, he used pieces of images and made a new image of them that's just as relevant as any other in here.

You don't have to admit that took any effort, but you both know as well as I do that it does. Why get so worked up over fan art? That is what these threads still are aren't they?

and LT, you know I love your work and you consistently manage to impress me, but come on, you of all people know the evolution of a digital artist involves all sorts of experimentation and growth to accomplish. Don't be the pot calling the kettle black ;)

@Rasarima: personally I liked what you did, looks cool and you composed the pieces together rather well. Hopefully things will lighten up a little around here and we'll get to see how the skills evolve :)

I understand what you are saying, but still, this is a contest... right? And contests have rules.

Rasarima said he just posted it for fun, ok. I just pointed out to him that for people to think that he is really working on a piece, be it his own or a photomanip, he needs to put more work into it.

But there is a provision for creating your own threads, so , if you feel the urge to express your digital/traditional talents, you can create a new thread where you can upload pix for everyone to see.

But please do not upload "done for fun, not an entry" inside a contest. Because many people other than artists view these threads, and they expect to see entries...

I hope you two understand what I'm trying to say.

Rasarima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rasarima

@tonis: tks man.

But when I read the comments of them, I felt offended. Offended in my pride and my knowledge.

The truth is that I should know that normally illustrators fight with designers, but even so I was upset with the childishness. I'm not an illustrator, I understand that. So I took the pictures on the internet and here in ComicVine. They were not good then I cut them out and redid the two separately, the spiderman picture had the carnage and venom.

The light of the two was wrong, because they were different images, so I redid the lights and added reflections in the metallic boots and in the eye of spiderman. repositioned the head and body of spiderman to make it compatible with the gambit.

I did not want to change the position of the gambit because I had to stretch the image and fix the mistakes that led to this, blurred all gambit clothes to make it better.

I'm not proud of the background , wanted a city, but it was late so I put the two very close, face to face and added a zoom effect. It was not good, but is better than a white background.

Anyway, long work, hoping that would illustrate the proposition of the topic, but the feeling the feeling was opposite. It seems that anyone here can do what I did, that in the end everyone here can get some images and mount it like this way on the Internet, and maybe, in less them 5 hours

Okay, lesson learned, I will restrict my "work" to the people "less special" here or elsewhere on the Internet.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tonis

@spawndon: I don't think it's right to judge someones effort or tell them they didn't put enough of it in to be accepted in any of these contests. That isn't contest criteria or a rule and each persons skillsets are differently measured. Just because you might be able to do it faster and easier doesn't take away from someone else who might be learning and is looking for opportunities to get better.

Tell me it wouldn't bother you a little if I was to say one of your entries that you used a base m4 model and generic pose and therefore your finished product is lacking of any effort and not acceptable. It'd be kind of insulting to hear that, especially if your just starting out and learning that software and it actually takes MORE effort at that point because you are learning.

There's no reason why these contests can't be as much a learning opportunity for someone trying to get better at photoshop as it is for someone with a pencil, or in my case 3D. Everyone should be able to find their niche here, enjoy in the process and share in their work.

As long as he submitted an image of Spiderman & Gambit to the relevant theme there's no reason to even make an issue of anything. Remind yourself, it's a free contest for fun with no prize, you're just producing fan art to share with everyone.

Quite honestly, Telling him to take his work elsewhere or that he can't post for fun without entering is extremely insulting, I won't even say what my response to that would be but I assure you it wouldn't be nice.

@Rasarima: I know you've just started trying out these contests and this is certainly the kind of crap that can really turn one off to them, but I assure you that they are a great tool for improving the skills you want to improve. My 3D in the past 2 years has grown leaps and bounds because I use each challenge as an excuse to try more.

As long as you picked up some new tricks and enjoyed the process your image is fine in my book. Photoshoppers use pieces of images, 3d designers use premade models, and illustrators use references all the time to get their vision out. It's all part of the process.

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spawndon

There's no reason why these contests can't be as much a learning opportunity for someone trying to get better at photoshop as it is for someone with a pencil, or in my case 3D. Everyone should be able to find their niche here, enjoy in the process and share in their work.

it's a free contest for fun with no prize, you're just producing fan art to share with everyone.

I concede.

the quoted lines have said it all.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LordRequiem

@spawndon: I'm afraid you have tarnished this thread. I'm not annoyed at all, something so petty and insignificant is beneath me, but when a user writes "This is not an entry" I expect everyone else to be literate and to understand what those few simple words indicate. It's called Artist Show-off so we can view the efforts of many, and that's what I wish to do, regardless of their intention to enter the competition or not. How very rude.

@Rasarima: A fine accompaniment to this battle.

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By payno

@Rasarima: Thanks.

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By maxicere

I posting this in Round Robin contest and I will paste these here because HERE born the dilema.

"I really think it's time to make it clear the rules and perhaps mark them more. If I use an own drawing, from a time backwards in a contest, this picture is not valid for a contest. I can't use an own existing drawing, even if I made changes in the background. The drawing must be new and done specifically for the contest. It's the first rule. And I wonder, Why should be valid to use existing drawings from other artists? Don't makes sense.

Also I believe is time to start a discuss about the aceptation of photo manipulation in contest. Breaks or not the rules? It's a 100% original art? People can use photos but not past original art, don't makes too sense.

If you want to know what I think, I believe the photo manipulation don't be legal here.

Maybe it's not here the place to discuss this, this is a contest."

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@payno: lol I love that, the style you used for this, I'm not sure how to explain it, it has toon style humour to it, I'd half expect to see Spidey try and give Gambit a wedgie .

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tonis

@EGoD said:

@payno: lol I love that, the style you used for this, I'm not sure how to explain it, it has toon style humour to it, I'd half expect to see Spidey try and give Gambit a wedgie .

lol, damn, now I'm gonna wanna do that XD

That would be classic spidey for sure

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@tonis said:

@EGoD said:

lol, damn, now I'm gonna wanna do that XD

That would be classic spidey for sure

lol, well you can borrow that idea I'm not using it. :D

Mad_Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mad_Wolverine
No Caption Provided

Just messing around, tried something a little lighthearted. I would colour it, but I have homework, lol :)

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By raamesirote

@Mad_Wolverine: lol

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tonis

@Mad_Wolverine: damn homework, always a drag. Great job and you even went the panel route. I like it in B&W, it's got more of a feel like it's in the newspaper funnies or something like that :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I think I'll actually make a sketch for this. It won't have color or anything, but I'll give it my best.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Alright... first time trying to draw in a few years. So, be somewhat kind please :D

Tried my best to duplicate their battle in Web of Spider-Man 113

No Caption Provided

Few things:

• I'm aware the proportions are terribad.
  • I demolished Gambit and he looks fat.
  • Apologies for not having a background/ground in place.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tonis

@k4tzm4n: excellent job, if there's any rustiness coming back into it I don't see it :)

loved Web the most of all the series, I have a complete set of that one.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@tonis: Thank you!

db8coach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By db8coach

Here is my shot...Not as good as Payno...

No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Decept-O

@k4tzm4n: You're doing well because you're aware of a few things. I think the Battle Contest is a difficult one to do on many levels. Good job.

@db8coach: Pretty sweet, I like the green energy "Kirby dots".

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tonis

@db8coach: like Decept-O said, Kirby dots rule :)

raamesirote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By raamesirote

@k4tzm4n: @db8coach: both grate entries

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Decept-O: @Rockfall: Thanks.

Mad_Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mad_Wolverine

@tonis said:

@Mad_Wolverine: damn homework, always a drag. Great job and you even went the panel route. I like it in B&W, it's got more of a feel like it's in the newspaper funnies or something like that :)

Thanks, I agree though, I do like working in black and white and it can be effective.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tonis

whew, down to the wire on this one. I've been experimenting with natural lens effects settings to add depth of field and this was a great opportunity to try it out. Unfortunately it's a beast rendering and makes something that took 2 hours take a LOT longer, I started this render 22 hours ago.

Almost easier just doing it in photoshop but it does do some cool stuff :)

Spider-Man Vs Gambit
Spider-Man Vs Gambit