Batman 4koma: The Return of Bruce Wayne!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

Edited By FoxxFireArt

New Batman Comic

Well, the Batman 4koma that I have been speaking of is finally completed and I'm posting it here on my blog before posting it on my devArt page.
 I had actually written this 4koma months ago. I needed to time to work on it. It was nice incentive that The Return of Bruce Wayne comics were just starting to be released. When I heard Bruce would be traveling through time. I tried to think of the most iconic forms of time travel that could make a funny joke. I thought of "Back to the Future", "Quantum Leap", and " Terminator". While Quantum Leap has the most comedic potential. The manner of time travel was different. Knowing this. The theme of this 4koma should be pretty obvious.

I was actually posting images on my Twitter account (@ FoxxFireArt) showing my progression in the creation of this 4koma. From the time that my pencil hit the page. Every few hours I would post a sample to my Twitter account. I'm not sure how that went over. I'm not sure I will try that again. I just don't know if anyone even cared. Below are the images that I posted.
I actually drew two versions of the third panel, because I felt that my original might be a bit too graphic. I still finished it, and I'm posting the tamer version for all to see. The more graphic original can be seen below.

Batman 4koma: The Return of Bruce Wayne
Batman 4koma: The Return of Bruce Wayne
The ladies really don't like the idea of Dick suggesting something that could ruin their fun. lol

A big thank you goes out to Babs of Comic Vine. She was kind enough to give me a list of the women who know Bruce is Batman. It's because of her that I added Cassandra Cain to this. I normally like these jokes to have a certain level of continuity to them. No matter how silly they may be. Still, as a thank you. I added Cassandra in, and gave her a bit more of a close up. Hope she likes that. Though, I was soo close to almost putting Cassandra in a "Brazil" shirt. lol I couldn't really add all the women Babs had listed for me. 

Oddly enough. Out of all the women. I think I like how Barbara Gordon came out looking the most. She just looks really cute here. Each of the ladies has her own little story about what they are thinking. I do wonder how many will catch Stephanie Brown's double entendre there at the end. lol

HOTT Version

The original version I was working on I started to have some second thoughts about. Not that I wouldn't finish it. This was my original idea. The whole plan was to push the envelope, but in retrospect I felt I might of gone a weeeee bit too far. I'll let you be the judge. Just to be on the safe side. I'm posting the original idea in a SPOILER tag.

Batman 4koma: The Return of Bruce Wayne [HOTT Version]
Batman 4koma: The Return of Bruce Wayne [HOTT Version]
As you can see in this version. I came dangerously close to showing a bit too much. I still hope some enjoy the view. I come pretty close as well in female drawings I have done. I see no reason not to do the same for my female audience.

I would like to make more of these comics poking fun at comic events. I just normally don't have the time. Payed art work has to come first. Sucks thought, because I have quite a few ideas. Including one about Jean Grey back from the dead and hits the online dating circuit.

I hope you enjoyed the comics and they gave you a good laugh, I look forward to reading any comments. Now, if you will excuse me. It's 6AM and I haven't been to sleep yet.

-Kristoffer Remmell (FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.-
Deviant Art ID:  http://foxxfireart.deviantart.com/ 
Twitter: @ FoxxFireArt
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By G'bandit

Haha! Perv anime girls are funny :P

LeoTravis10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LeoTravis10

lol I love the reaction of most of the girls when they see his (gulp) manhood. I had a kick out of that really. :D I have to say both versions turned out very good. The scenes really stand out. My first comment here so Want to say thanks for making me join!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

"Yeah... Dick!"  Stephanie is such a perv!  ;)
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By warlock360

Very nice and entertaining my friend

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By The_Warlord

Who's the chick with the above Barbara?

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Vortex13
@xerox-kitty said:
" "Yeah... Dick!"  Stephanie is such a perv!  ;) "
That's actually my favorite part lol.
rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rein

who's the character to the right of catwoman (the really small blond head)

touch37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By touch37

-facepalm- Yeah, I thought Selina was Tim for a few seconds there. Then I noticed the boobs. I'll just be over here, rolling around in the FAIL pile...
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Theodore

lol

Avatar image for goldenknightsky
GoldenKnightSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GoldenKnightSky

Love it. really funny. I love how each facial expressions where right in the moment and when Batgirl at the end was so funny great job

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I lolled! funny

killermike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By killermike

Funny
Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By Comiclove5

lol, that was funny.
Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@LeoTravis10 said:
" lol I love the reaction of most of the girls when they see his (gulp) manhood. I had a kick out of that really. :D I have to say both versions turned out very good. The scenes really stand out. My first comment here so Want to say thanks for making me join! "
Never put "gulp" and "manhood" in the same sentence.
spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spiderguylll

this should be redone with Dick as Bruce and Bruce as Dick
Make part 2

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By sora_thekey
@FoxxFireArt said:

"From the time that my pencil hit the page. Every few hours I would post a sample to my Twitter account. I'm not sure how that went over. I'm not sure I will try that again. I just don't know if anyone even cared."  

Hey I followed you though your whole process! and I loved your idea of showing the process to your work!
As for the 4Koma... I loved it! It's so funny!
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18  Edited By The_Martian

Is that a Robin in the mix of girls? O_O

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19  Edited By No_Name_

That was great! Loved those girls! I prefer the first version a bit better to be honest,but both are good!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@xerox-kitty: 
His name is Dick. How could I pass up that joke? I thought it could of been nice to of shown all their inner dialog. Each girl has something different on their mind. That would of just look far too busy.

@touch37

said:

" -facepalm- Yeah, I thought Selina was Tim for a few seconds there. Then I noticed the boobs. I'll just be over here, rolling around in the FAIL pile... "

Uh, you can't see Selina's breast in this picture. That's her elbow.

@rein said:

" who's the character to the right of catwoman (the really small blond head) "

Harley Quinn. She's in the third panel as well.
Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

OMG this is a hilarious way to return Bruce Wayne!!!! =J
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Decept-O

Funny.  NIce job on this, I like the expressions on the characters and the grouping. 
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@Babs said:
" That was great! Loved those girls! I prefer the first version a bit better to be honest,but both are good! "
I like a lady to be honest with me, and I respect your opinion. As the saying goes. Sometimes less is more and sometimes more is not enough. lol 
It sounds strange, but I often struggle with drawing the back of a man's legs. It's getting the muscles right. I am rather pleased with how the tame version came out.

Have you read some of the comments on this? Looks like I actually got someone to join Comic Vine with this. lol Makes me feel like I should make more of these comics. If my printer cartridge wasn't so low. I'd print out a copy and mail it to you all at Comic Vine.

I'm very pleased you liked it, and extremely grateful this was given front page attention on the site. I realized that in that last panel. I really do have four of your favorite comic woman. I do hope they are to your liking. Especially with Cassie. I put her in there for you.
I just posted this on my devArt page where you can see the tame version larger and more of the detail. Larger Version
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

LMAO! Selina making the kitty face! xD

crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crazywolf

lol funny Batgirl's response is hilarious

kerukun878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kerukun878

Who is the brunette behind Steph??

Otherwise, freaking hilarious, dude, nice work.

Destinyhero20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Destinyhero20

lol!
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Primmaster64

lol

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Ha Ha, your 4komas are always fun to read, also I find both versions to be equally suggestive, though the original version leaves less to the imagination. 

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

Great job as always FoxxFire.  

One question though: Harley knows Batman is Bruce Wayne?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By MrDirector786

LOL XD

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tyler Starke
@jloneblackheart said:
" Great job as always FoxxFire.   One question though: Harley knows Batman is Bruce Wayne? "
OllieKQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By OllieKQueen

Well that brightened up my Monday a bit, it's nice to see some humour brought to the whole Bruce Wayne Situation

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By InnerVenom123

I can't get over how awesome it is that you made Selina do the kitty face. xD Love the work, I also looked up your stuff on DeviantArt, you're just awesome.

IIayK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By IIayK

нравиться реакция БетМышки! )))

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@IIayK: 
Thanks for the comment, but I don't know any Russian.
Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

This is great! I love it!

Avatar image for orionstarlancer
OrionStarlancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OrionStarlancer

Again, the humor is spectacular (I know, I'm months in the past here since everyone else jumped on this in May, but I just discovered it now).  I would say that your first version is actually better, because sometimes sexual things are so much better left implied and that's what makes them funny.  Innuendo can often carry more weight than throwing the idea right in our faces.  Just showing a pair of legs and we get the idea they're seeing him full frontal; cutting off just enough of the frame to leave his private parts out actually distracts the reader.  It all hinges on the power of imagination.  The power of imagination can be observed with equal power when used to frighten: in many ways the scariest parts of Jaws were when the men were swimming around and we couldn't see Jaws, but knew it was somewhere close.  When Jaws actually appears as the giant rubbery monster, ironically, the scene is becomes less tense. 

Anyway, I really like your comics and drawings--keep it up, sir.