Posted by G-Man (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Each and every week we gather up the best comic book art that you will not see in comics. The reason you won't is because artists often do sketches for fun and commissions and post them on their websites, blogs and Tumblrs. Many artists often arrange commissions through their sites so check them out for more detail if you're looking to own a cool original piece.

This weekend is Emerald City Comicon. Some of our 'regular' artists here will be there. If you live by Seattle, you'll want to try to make the show. I'm at the show running around as well. Hopefully we'll see another installment of the Mystery Art Challenge for next week.

Dustin Nguyen provided the cover to this year's program guide, posted on his Tumblr. He won't be able to do commissions at this year's show but he will have original art and prints for sale at his table in Artist Alley at table M-15.

== TEASER ==

Gabriel Hardman posted a con sketch of Han Solo on his blog. He'll be at table K-04 and has listed his commission rates on his site as well.

Michael Walsh will be at table I-03. Here's a pre-ECCC sketch of Leeloo posted on his Tumblr.

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway has a Kickstarter project underway (info posted HERE). He'll be at table H-11. Here's a pic of Wonder Woman and a Street Fighter posted on his Deviant Art Page.

Peter Nguyen will be at table H-12. Here's an X-Men pick he posted on his Tumblr.

Chris Giarrusso has been doing "Tales from the Con" with Brad Guigar for ECCC. Here's a Captain America cover sketch he posted on his website.

Chris Samnee posted a couple new pieces on his blog this week.

I've mentioned before how Paolo Rivera often posts behind-the-scene bits on what he uses for references when figuring out certain poses on his blog. You should see his process for the AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #17 cover. He also posted this great Space Ghost commission.

Tom Raney did a "Wake Up and Draw" sketch for the Hero Initiative. If you're quick, you can still bid on it HERE. It's for a good cause.

Cameron Stewart posted this Batman sketch on his Instagram.

Speaking of Batman and Instagram, here's a Batman sketch Rafael Albuquerque put up a couple weeks ago on his Instagram that I meant to post.

Denis Medri has been posting his take on Star Wars characters in an 80s High School style on his Deviant Art Page.

Mike Bowden posted a couple video game (sort of) related sketches on his Deviant Art Page this week.

Mahmud Asrar posted some more NYCC 2012 commissions along with some pre-Comic Action Essen 2012 pre-con commissions on his Tumblr.

That's it for this week. Hopefully we'll see plenty of new sketches pop up over the next couple weeks from the artists at ECCC. If you're there and you spot me, make sure you say hello. I had to skip Friday but I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

#1 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh darnit, if Medri and Asrar's work isn't just awesome.

#2 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

i love Steampunk Huntress =)

#3 Posted by bunkerbuster05 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

All of this is golden. Thanks for finding it for us!

#4 Posted by Trevel8182 (754 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, Wonder Woman needs to stop hanging out with Chun-Li.

#5 Posted by ccraft (5596 posts) - - Show Bio

first

#6 Posted by dondave (38906 posts) - - Show Bio

Good Choices

#7 Posted by longbowhunter (7749 posts) - - Show Bio

All the Asrar stuff this week is awesome. Cool to see a Dynamo 5 character make it to the selection. Love that Paolo Rivera Space Ghost too.

#8 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF is with Wonder Woman ?

#9 Posted by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

By God, they are all soooo goooood... Can't choose... a favorite...

#10 Posted by umbrafeline (5217 posts) - - Show Bio

baronness is no. 1

#11 Posted by SpidermanWins (3963 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE Peter Nguyen's Xmen art. Looks like it could be awesome cover art. Asrar's art is great, really smooth and Hardman's Han Solo looks really good.

#12 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the art, especially the Star Wars 80s movie scenes and the Space Ghost!

#13 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

why can't space ghost appear in threshold

#14 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has cankles.

#15 Posted by soir8 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved most of these, but what the hell is up with Wonder Woman's legs? That's just a really ugly way of drawing her. Never like that guy's art, mainly because he has some kind of weird fetish for really fat legs.

#16 Posted by akbogert (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd just like to say that this is one of my favorite features. I'm glad you do this.

#17 Posted by ThreadPool (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Samnee. All day. Every day.

#18 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that X-Men!

#19 Posted by papsley (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Asrar's stuff is amazing.

#20 Posted by sturmritter (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to second that, Mahmud Asrar's art is fantastic! Especially, The Huntress! WOW!

#21 Posted by wdchefdave (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Gee... maybe a cross-eyed, giant haired, too damn big legged Wonder Woman is what we really need!

At least she isn't wearing blue jeans.

All the other work was great... but, the whole WW thing looks more like fetish art.

Remember when Sam Kieth had a "good looking girls with small pot bellies" fetish?

All in fun... cheers and thanks for the good stuff.

#22 Edited by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, this week, the only pieces I really like are from Rafael Albuquerque and Mahmud Asrar. Just to add I really love Micheal Walsh's work, but it is always in black and white. I love black and white work, really do, but would like to see his use of color once in awhile.

#23 Posted by callsignneptune (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Apart from the Wonder Woman one, those are all amazing.

#24 Posted by shawn87 (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

Great art all around but that Peter Nguyen X-Men piece is awesome

#25 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

That Wonder Woman looked ok until I saw her calves. Same with Ryu and Spiderman's back leg. What does Cheeks have agains legs?

I really like that Huntress design. Almost steampunk, like a mix of Earth-34 (Amazonia), Earth-19 (Gotham by Gaslight), and Earth-18 (Justice Riders)

#26 Posted by Mistah_B (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Cameron Stewart Batman, Asrar Huntress and Baroness

#27 Posted by nappystr8 (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

That Mario is super creepy. But I think I like it.

#28 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good artwork this week yet again. (+)

#29 Posted by Grey56 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

Asrar's stuff is sharp, clean and inviting. But Medri's 80s Star Wars pieces really take it - Punk Greedo and Marty McFly dressed Luke are tops.

#30 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

Lelu from the fifth element is my fav! :D

#31 Edited by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!! No Nauck this week!

Asrar's baroness is amazazing

#32 Edited by kid Apollo (721 posts) - - Show Bio

loving the 80s Star Wars stuff, sooooo good, theres jus something about SW and mullets...

and the Nguyen X-men is pretty sick too

#33 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm..normally spot on, maybe Wonder Woman may not be the best choice for that style? Mr Asrar was bringing the heat this edition..That Huntress piece, nice!

#34 Posted by nrgb2814 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

SPACE GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 Posted by benblanks (65 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThreadPool said:

Samnee. All day. Every day.

I second that emotion.

#36 Posted by thechessclub (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Steampunk Huntress takes the cake.

#37 Posted by CitizenJP (627 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the Silver Surfer pic. Super cool.

#38 Posted by spike2024 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

great art

#39 Posted by Perfect 10 (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

original x-men in 90s costumes, pretty cool

#40 Posted by Demonturtle (426 posts) - - Show Bio

Those star wars picks were funny as hell!

#41 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

Nguyen's X-men is really cool, especially Iceman. Glad someone has given Black Bolt some time. That's about it really.

#42 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is going on with Wonder Woman's legs?!

#43 Posted by ptigrusmagus (495 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Wonder Woman?

#44 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

The Galloway Wonder Woman is AWESOME, hands down!

#45 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that Kingdom Hearts reference!!!

Nguyen's X-Men looks amazing!

#46 Posted by Vitaeleous (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude. Bowden and that pencil work is killing it. Brilliant, brilliant work on those hands of Ralph's. My hat goes off to you, sir.

#47 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3653 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spirit by M. Asrar. Didn`t see that one coming. A cool one.