Posted by G-Man (33891 posts) - - Show Bio

Each and every week we gather up the best comic book art that you will not see in comics. The reason you won't is because artists often do sketches for fun and commissions and post them on their websites, blogs and Tumblrs. Many artists often arrange commissions through their sites so check them out for more detail if you're looking to own a cool original piece.

Freddie Williams II posted several sketches he recently did on blank comic book covers on his TwitPic page. The one of Roy and Lian is pretty heart breaking.

== TEASER ==

Chris Samnee updated his blog this week with several new pieces. This gives us the chance to see his take on several different characters.

Todd Nauck posted a couple sketches on his Instagram page. I know we're supposed to be seeing Booster Gold soon. It's about time. (No pun intended).

Peter Nguyen posted his first Star Wars commission and a Dani Moonstar sketch on his Tumblr. He decided to try a more heavy ink wash on the Boba Fett piece.

Michael Walsh posted a cool Shadow sketch on his Tumblr. If you've never seen how he draws, check out when he did the Mystery Art Challenge in New York HERE. He also posted a Hero Initiative charity WALKING DEAD cover. These are auctioned off and the proceeds go towards their charity program.

Paolo Rivera also did a Hero Initiative WALKING DEAD cover, which he posted on his blog.

Agnes Garbowska posted a penciled and inked sketch of the Bat Family (which she is going to add watercolors to). She also posted her completed Avengers Park and Game of Thrones pieces on her Tumblr.

Terry Dodson added another NYCC commission to his Deviant Art page. This one is Voodoo. It's a "a Belle Epoque version of her."

Philip Tan posted a couple more sketches on his Facebook page this week of Gorgon and Superman.

Mike Mayhew posted a couple sketches through his Twitter page.

It may not be comic related but it's still art! Denis Medri posted another movie sketch for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest on his Deviant Art Page.

Robert Atkins posted a Venom commission he did at NYCC that was later colored on his blog.

Chris Giarrusso often gets asked to sketch on the blank comic book covers. Here's a Green Goblin sketch he posted on his website.

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway posted an Avengers sketch on his Deviant Art Page.

Brett Booth didn't update his blog last time but he made up for it this week with several new sketches.

That's it for this week. Let us know if we're missing any other comic creators' blogs or websites.

Staff
#1 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing!

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh... red.

#3 Posted by powerhouse1122 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Who/what is the dinosaur eating???

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stunning piece

#5 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

There is some great, original works here! It's always awesome when the artists draw the same characters with a new interpretation or angle.

#6 Posted by JakeN7 (12295 posts) - - Show Bio

Robert Atkins' colored Venom (I know I'm in the minority, but my favorite color scheme is Red, Black and White...you can thank Mass Effect and Gears of War for that), Freddie Williams III's Robin (Damian), Chris Samnee's Daredevil and Wolverine, Phillip Tan's Superman, and Brett Booth's Superior Spider-Man were my favorites this week.

#7 Posted by entee (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Samnee! I'd love to see his take on 90s Animal Man and Starman!

#8 Posted by Cavemold (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

omg iron fist with guns OP

#9 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't go wrong with Samnee's work. Love the vintage Wolverine tearing into ninjas.

#10 Posted by Senno (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Some beautiful work - well done to all! :)

#11 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cavemold: I think that is Orson Randall, the golden age Iron Fist. :)
#14 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

cool phantom stranger

#15 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm loving this 
#16 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Man the artwork this week really kicks butt! I really love that Shadow by Michael Walsh. The Black Panther and esp the Daredevil on Cap's shield by Chris Samnee are well done. Incredible use of inks!

Terry Dodson's work is beautiful.

Yet truly, the knockout here is Mike Mayhew's Scarlet Witch. Wow!

Again, wonderful work by all the artists, always a blast seeing all the collected cartoon and comic art!

#17 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the dani moonstar piece.

#18 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that Rivera work done for that Walking Dead 100 blank was thoroughly AWESOME!

#19 Posted by LordRequiem (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Booth and Tan's work and I'm happy.

Here's what I accomplished this week.

#20 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

What an awesome art picks week, this week!

Boba Fett looks fantastic! We need a Fett movie!!!

#21 Posted by nszerdy (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Agreed 100% I was just about to re-post Scarlet Witch as well!

#22 Posted by SoA (4828 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerhouse1122: its another dino's arm , look at where he is standing and u will see the dino he beat

#23 Posted by Nefarious (20276 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#24 Posted by dondave (37296 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving Brett Booth's and Freddie William's work

#25 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the wanda and venom images

#26 Posted by Icon (2077 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff this weekend.

#27 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i really like that Moonstar picture, the Iron Fist too

#28 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4799 posts) - - Show Bio

Very NICE (+)

#29 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that cover sketch of X35 & Rogue_Mar1e, I mean, Ivy & Harley.

#30 Edited by sturmritter (57 posts) - - Show Bio

The Samnee DD snowboarding on Captain America's shield is pretty awesome, as is Mayhew's take on Scarlet Witch. Also incredible was Atkin's take on Venom.

#31 Posted by Renchamp (2390 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not typically a Garbowska fan, but the Avengers on the playground was awesome.

#32 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome stuff as always and I'm sure that I will say the same thing next week. I would really love to see some different artists here every once and again, that would be nice.

#33 Posted by TheHeat (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Booth's Superior Spider-Man. Nuff said!

#34 Posted by HushoftheWind (981 posts) - - Show Bio

Brett Booth can do no wrong

#35 Posted by Bad_People (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Booth has always been an favorite of mine. Never done anything badly.

#36 Posted by johnny04wayne (1 posts) - - Show Bio

up to I looked at the bank draft 4 $4432, I be certain that my friend realy earning money part time from there labtop.. there friends cousin had bean doing this less than twelve months and as of now took care of the loans on there apartment and purchased a great Audi Quattro. go to, Fab19.COM

#37 Posted by Pyrogram (38142 posts) - - Show Bio

this is cool

#38 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

This is amazing

#39 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14361 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the art , can't wait for next weeks

#40 Posted by EvanTheMexiJew (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ninjablade09 or is it SUPERIOR?!

#41 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

@EvanTheMexiJew said:

@Ninjablade09 or is it SUPERIOR?!

Should have this coming

#42 Posted by JesterretseJ (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi! newly registered here but have been following this thread weekly for some inspiration.

Just like to share my work here too :)

You can check more of my stuff on my DA >> http://jesterretsej.deviantart.com/ or FB Page >> https://www.facebook.com/NCJesterretseJ

#43 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna buy some of this stuff.....please

#44 Posted by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

love love brett booth's work