Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

Every week we search high and low for the greatest comic book art that won't appear in actual comics. The reason for this is artists often draw sketches for fun or commissions and post them on their websites, Tumblrs and blogs. Some artists even arrange commissions through their sites so be sure to check them out for more information.

Clay Mann was at Motor City Comic Con and did a Psylocke and Angel commission he posted on his Tumblr.

Francesco Francavilla posted this Batman sketch on his blog. He auctioned it off with the proceeds going to help victims of the storm in Oaklahoma. Looks like it went for $550.

Phil Noto posted a couple of the ladies in UNCANNY X-MEN on his Tumblr.

Todd Nauck will be at Phoenix Comicon this weekend. Check out the sketches he posted on his Tumblr. He will be doing a "Sketch Retweet Contest" on Twitter. Follow him (@ToddNauck) and retweet his con sketches he posts over the weekend. One lucky retreater will win a sketch of their own.

Skottie Young posted a few sketches on his site. He also mentioned he'll have a 100 page book featuring his daily sketches coming soon!

Freddie Williams II posted several new sketches on his TwitPic page. I have to admit I'm intrigued by third pic of Cassandra Cain as Kasumi.

Adam Kubert posted a couple more "quick" warm up sketches on his Tumblr.

Yildiray Cinar is headed to Wizard World Philly and posted some pre-show commissions on his Instagram.

Tom Raney also was at Motor City last weekend and posted a couple on his Twitter page.

Marcio Takara posted some more sketches on his Tumblr page.

Tony Daniel will be at Heroes Haven in Tampa, Flordia this weekend. Check out the sketches he posted on his Instagram.

Gene Gonzales has another sketch cover for sale on eBay. Check out his blog for more sketches.

Sean "Cheeks" Galloway posted a great Teen Titans Go! sketch on his Deviant Art Page.

Terry Dodson posted a couple sketches from Big WOW (last weekend) on his Deviant Art Page.

Ale Garza was at Motor City Comic Con last week and posted some of his commissions on his Instgram. Tell me this doesn't make you want to see Donna Troy return to comics.

Ryan Stegman was also at Motor City Comic Con last week and posted more sketches on his Tumblr. Look, it's another Donna Troy! And check out Spider-Man 2099. We'll be seeing more of him soon!

Chris Giarrusso always cracks me up. If you've ever talked to him or read his books, you already know this. Remember that Rob Liefeld Levi's commercial from the 90s? Chris posted a parody of the commercial on his website.

Here's the original if you haven't seen it.

And here's a sketch of Princess Roja (her name is not "Red Girl"!) and Princes Nila of the Color Guardians, seen in the pages of G-MAN. The art was used in the 'commercial' when Domino was supposed to appear.

That's it for this week. With more shows happening this weekend, we should be expecting more great fresh art next week.

Staff
#1 Posted by Darkmount1 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, Psylocke and Angel made such a good couple. Critical praise for volume one of Uncanny X-Force be darned, Marvel screwed up a really good thing by dissolving that relationship in the early 2000's. I've never trolled in my life, but for now, I'll make an exception--a very classy exception. You brought this on yourself, current Marvel administration:

#2 Edited by iceslick (773 posts) - - Show Bio

No wonder Rob Liefield draws so bad! He's never had any art training!! XD @g_man

#3 Edited by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow it is super early in the morning and the art picks are posted

#4 Posted by Mahzian (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah Terry Dodson awesomesauce :)

#5 Edited by longbowhunter (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey that Freddie Williams Daredevil commission was for me. Super nice guy and a real jewel in my collection.

#6 Edited by Cavemold (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite is donna troy one was great

#7 Edited by Mucklefluga (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

ahahahahaha Oh Chris Giarrusso

#8 Posted by NICKXH (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny how Adam Kubert's "quick" warm up sketches are better than his proper work.

Cool to see Ryan Stegman draw a diffrent character other than just Spider-Man all the time. Not that's a bad thing. Just like to see a bit more variety from an artist who is tatented.

#9 Edited by ptigrusmagus (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo this is hands down the best week of art. Tony D art!

#10 Posted by Timotheus316 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful beautiful stuff! So many talented artists out there. LOVE comic books. Hot damn! Thanks for the pics G-man.

#11 Posted by knightofthechronicle (638 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Liefeld had a Levi's commercial?!

Art looks good here, really enjoyed Ale Garza's Batman drawings, really cool (though his Mera didn't leave much to the imagination if you catch my drift)

#12 Posted by dngn4774 (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing those pics makes me miss Donna Troy so much! :( I really liked the artwork on Cassumi as well.

#13 Edited by Danial79 (2327 posts) - - Show Bio

I would totally start reading FF if Marcio Takara was drawing it.

#14 Posted by kartron (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Treat to the eyes! Yes that pic sure makes me wanna see Donna back

#15 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3079 posts) - - Show Bio

Still loving Stegman's work.

But this is my favorite this week.

#16 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2107 posts) - - Show Bio

Still loving Stegman's work.

But this is my favorite this week.

this.

#17 Posted by VaizD (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but for some reason I feel like I am-- I freakin' love Grant Morrison/Tony Daniels' Joker.

#18 Posted by GothamRed (2562 posts) - - Show Bio

Rob Liefeld, the Michael Bay of the Comic Book world

#19 Posted by Mandrewgora (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Those videos just made my day a little more nice.

#21 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some really great artists here! I love the Jubilee piece!

#23 Posted by The_Tree (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

It must be pretty damn cold in Atlantis, Mera's straight nippin'.

#24 Posted by The_Vein (167 posts) - - Show Bio

That Mera picture is a little.... nipply.

#25 Edited by nappystr8 (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Another knockout week for Feddie Williams II, Ale Garza delivered some great stuff too. Marcio Takara has some cool stuff, Tom Raney and Clay Mann are always good as well. My favorite this week has got to be Skottie Young Hellboy though.

#26 Edited by dcfox (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving that Phil Noto Emma Frost.

#27 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1391 posts) - - Show Bio

Those were great!

#28 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Love these art posts. All of the art posted is great. My favorites are probably the first one of Psylocke and Angel, Donna Troy, Darkseid, Cinar's X-Men pics, the one with Spidey, Cloak, and Dagger, and the various Batman pics throughout.

#29 Posted by LifePool (135 posts) - - Show Bio

The AvX Wolverine cover was probably my favorite, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the Mera picture, lol.

#30 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1610 posts) - - Show Bio

Mera is...well, different :)

#31 Posted by judasnixon (6093 posts) - - Show Bio

Please Pleas Please put Phil Noto on Uncanny X-Men! Get him out of the Thunderbolts........ Oh my god i want to hug his Magik!

#32 Edited by YoungJustice (6643 posts) - - Show Bio

You'd think Mera would be adjusted to sea temperature...

#33 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Those Donna Troy pictures make me think something is planned for her...

#34 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome artworks. Love 'em all.

#35 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Ale Garza's classic Donna Troy FTW.

#36 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3443 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel's wings look a bit too short.

#37 Posted by dcd747 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilpenguin543: I wish, but sadly, I don't think so. Those were both my commissions from Motor City - I'm just living in the good old days. :P

#38 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Clay Mann and Phil Noto. Just fantabulous on top of increditastic! <3