Posted by G-Man (29417 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we gather up the best comic book art that you will likely never see in an actual comic. The reason you won't is because artists often draw sketches for fun or commissions and post them on their blogs, Tumblrs and websites. Some artists even arrange commissions through their sites so be sure to check them out for more information.

Last weekend was the Long Beach Comic and Horror Con. Peter Nguyen was there and here's a couple sketches he did there and posted on his Tumblr.

Mike McKone posted some commissions from Wizard World Austin on his Twitter.

Chris Samnee has been posting new art on his blog lately.

Ray-Anthony Height was also at Long Beach last weekend. Here's some sketches he did and posted on his Twitter.

Marcio Takara posted some more commissions on his Tumblr (and is still taking more requests until December 15).

Chris Giarrusso posted some more art on his website. Some are still available for purchase!

Yildiray Cinar posted a couple more sketches on his Instagram. Check out his "warm up" sketch of Wonder Woman.

Joel Gomez was also at Long Beach. Here's a Thor sketch card he posted on his Tumblr.

Michael Walsh posted a few sketches on his Instagram this week.

Gene Gonzales posted some more "Conventionless Sketches" on his blog.

Check out this Superman Ron Salas posted on his website.

Daniel HDR posted some more commissions on his Tumblr.

Todd Nauck was at Long Beach and busy as usual. Here's some of the sketches he did and posted on his Tumblr.

And of course there was the Mystery Art Challenge. This will be the last one of the year. Peter Nguyen, Ray-Anthony Height, Brian Buccellato, Derek Fridolfs, Joel Gomez, Sean "Cheeks" Galloway and Todd Nauck all agreed to take on the challenge. They have no prior knowledge of what it will be, only that it will be a familiar character and a random object. Once the camera is rolling, they have to figure out what angle they will give their sketch. The challenge was Doctor Doom...and a puppy.

Here's the video you may have already seen this week:

And here are scans of the sketches:

That's it for this week. We'll be back next time with more awesome art.

Staff
#1 Posted by Pokeysteve (7016 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad but I usually just zip right past Chris G's stuff. It's the same style Agnes uses but way less fun.

#2 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel bad but I usually just zip right past Chris G's stuff. It's the same style Agnes uses but way less fun.

not at all, I found his to be the only good one this weak, his deadpool and wolverine were awesome.

#3 Posted by lifeboy (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: fellow superman fan, that yildiray cindar, who's work is shown above, is going to be drawing the next 3 issues of supergirl. Sweet! I hope he works out!

#4 Edited by AllStarSuperman (15758 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeboy: I don't read Supergirl but his art is great in the earth 2 fill in issues

#5 Posted by lifeboy (1621 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: Oh... I thought you were all about superman! But that's even more reasuring to know that his Earth 2 work was good. I'm glad it didn't take Dc long to replace asrar with someone better. Lol

#6 Posted by staypuffed (99 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: I'm with you there. I don't really like his style.

#7 Posted by HolySerpent (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

Im serious loving that Superman art pic

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11726 posts) - - Show Bio

Creeper was an unexpected suprise.

#9 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

That Ron Salas Superman pic is AMAZING!

#10 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5602 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite ones

#12 Posted by NICKXH (192 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at first I thought that was a halo on Venom's head, but then soon realized it was his tongue. :P

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman was the best one by far.

#14 Posted by ILLO_29 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: Don't be, it just lazy artwork. It's the same body, the same head the same few faces with just different accessories added. They are more like paper dolls then drawings.

#15 Posted by ILLO_29 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Indiana Beaker and Crow form MST3K are fun, but that retro Superman takes the cake for me.

#16 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss my undies Superman

#17 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2519 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: Same here. I love the Superman one. Very Golden Age.......................................... Why couldn't it have been his costume? I mean the way THAT one is drawn it looks like wrestler gear, something believable if that's what people want.

#18 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: yeah some people draw them as undies and some people draw them more like trunks or boxers.

#19 Posted by manwithoutshame (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Samnee draws Usagi!

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27357 posts) - - Show Bio

Woof Fools.

#21 Posted by Xaa (282 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Samnee's Superman and Usagi really stand out for me here. I like that Ron Salas early Superman but I think I've seen that particular piece before, just can't recall where. Maybe here. Still pretty good. Takara's Creeper is wonderful as well, really conveys the character, energetic and wild. Nice.

#25 Posted by Dru_zod (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Fastball special

#27 Edited by Lykida (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Not my favorite week. But I love Endor Leia by Michael Walsh and the Silver Surfer by Yildiray Cinar is also very nice!

#30 Posted by the_kza (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I purchased the Thor sketch from Chris Giarrusso. I wished Peter Nguyen uploaded my X-23 he did for me at LBCC.

#31 Posted by Iridium (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Always good to see not everyone has forgotten what Nick Fury really looks like.

#33 Posted by G-Man (29417 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kza: Nice!

As for the X-23, hopefully he took a pic of it. You could pm me a pic and I could include it next week.

Staff