Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we gather up the coolest comic book art that won't appear in actual comics. The reason they won't is because artists often draw sketches for fun or commissions and post them on their blogs, Tumblrs or websites. Some artists even arrange commissions on their sites so be sure to check them out.

This weekend is the Long Beach Comic and Horror Con. We will be there so that means you can expect to see another round of the Mystery Art Challenge. Here's a hint, I'm going to do something a tiny bit different.

Todd Nauck will be there. Check out the art he posted on his Tumblr, including a Spider-Man piece he donated for an action through Station Studio for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan.

Peter Nguyen will be at Long Beach and here's a sketch he posted on his Tumblr.

Joel Gomez will also be at Long Beach. Here's some sketches he posted on his Tumblr.

Ray-Anthony Height will be at Long Beach. He'll have this She-Hulk print at the show. And check out his rendition of the Thing he posted on his Tumblr.

Jimmy Palmiotti posted this sketch Amanda Conner drew at the Los Angeles Drink n Draw on his Facebook page. It's Dave Johnson as a dog.

This image from Dustin Nguyen's Tumblr may appear in a chapter of LI'L GOTHAM but it's too good not to post here.

Ryan Stegman posted some new sketches on his Tumblr this week.

We don't see enough Sunfire. Robert Atkins posted this sketch on his blog of the Age of Apocalypse version.

Chris Giarrusso also donated this Justice League sketch cover for an auction for the hurricane victims, through Station Studios. (It sold for $200!) He also posted this Black Cat sketch on his site.

Check out this pics Mike McKone posted on his Twitter page, including his version of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #129.

Paolo Rivera posted some more recent commissions on his blog.

Philip Tan posted some more sketches on his Facebook page.

Daniel HDR posted more commissions on his Tumblr. Doctor Doom in red is pretty interesting.

Check out the sketches Yildiray Cinar posted on his Instagram.

Agnes Garbowska donated a commission for an action for the hurricane victims through Station Studios (the auction closed with an amount for $350). Here's an example of the type of commission she's doing posted on her Tumblr.

Gene Gonzales posted some more of his "Conventionless Sketches" on his blog.

Peter Krause posted some Daredevil sketches on his Twitter page.

Have you ever checked out Project Rooftop? Check out this "Lady agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." by Kris Anka.

While we're here, check out this Super-Skrull by Jason Reeves.

Marcio Takara posted a Cassandra Cain sketch on his Tumblr as well some colored versions of past sketches.

Mike Deodato posted this Namor and Sue sketch (in various stages) on his Tumblr. It's pretty epic.

Chris Samnee is on a roll now. He's been posted a lot of sketches on his blog.

That's it for this week. If you're at Long Beach this weekend, keep an eye out for us.

#1 Posted by ARMIV2 (8845 posts) - - Show Bio

Hot dang, Samnee.

#2 Edited by AllStarSuperman (22962 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Trevel8182 (754 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by loQ_on (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Doom....... holy $#! +....... to me it just works, would love to see that happen, looks way more intimidating(imo). As always all the artist are amazing. Thank you ComicVine for the page

#5 Edited by The Stegman (25965 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat Super Skrull!

#7 Posted by Pokeysteve (8653 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Deodato is stepping up his game.

Hahahahaha this is GREAT! How many of you actually got this?

#8 Edited by Decept-O (7291 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, another awesome frikkin' week of fantastic art!

#9 Posted by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spider-men pieces are great

#10 Posted by Kelevra216 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Following Ray-Anthony Height now!

Liking Stegman's Hobgoblin and Agnes Garbowska's Hellboy. Got that mature vibe but still in her style. Love it.

Off to update my blog and tumblr subscriptions!

#11 Edited by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow Deodato is stepping up his game.

Hahahahaha this is GREAT! How many of you actually got this?

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother of god... that Mikey and Nightcrawler are drop dead GORGEOUS.

#13 Posted by Super_Phil (117 posts) - - Show Bio

I think my favourites are loki and namor

#14 Posted by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

The Peter Krause Daredevil is interesting because if I remember correctly he's doing art duty on Waid's digital DD series. The Samnee stuff is great. Always been lukewarm on Mike McKone but I'm exited to see his JLC designs.

#15 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that Yildiray Cinar Flash!

#16 Posted by wmwadeii (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

To finish off the TMNT art picks I was lucky enough to find to awesome pieces for Leo and Raph for my deviantArt picks this week, along with a TMNT/Walking Dead combo with Leo as Michonne.

#17 Edited by kcvic (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor needs a pimp cup and underwater Cadillac ....

#18 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a power packed edition! just got stronger with each image.

1. ok..I don't know it is, or what that person may have did to deserve it...But the Ladies of S.H.I.E.L.D are clearly coming to dish up a hot plate a Whup Ass on somebody!! I love Jess warming up and stretching.
  2. Chris Giarrusso contiunes to be a inspiration to me, to show that you don't have to draw a certain way to be successful. Not everyone needs to be Jim Lee y'know
  3. Todd Nauck simply is ( sing it with me...) The Best...Aroouuund... with COPIC markers!
  4. Ryan Stegman must go through mountains of ink pen nibs lol
  5. Some people can just draw a kick ass Spider-Man, Mike McKone is one of them indeed

#19 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

really like that Ladys of SHIELD...especially the Black Widow redesign

#20 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

I always love seeing Marcio Takara's character work, but I think this is the first time I've seen him do an actual background (on that Batgirl pic); looks pretty good.

#21 Posted by kilomac29 (323 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Todd Nauck's art quite a bit, but that "use of white space" style he has can be a little overwhelming.

Paolo Rivera is so awesome. I wish he was on more books.

#22 Posted by gor724 (839 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually not a fan of Chris Giarrusso's artwork. He's talented, but I just don't dig the style

#24 Posted by Kuyamu (51 posts) - - Show Bio

That super skrull by Jason Reeves is Effing awesome!

#25 Posted by Pokeysteve (8653 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by kilon (124 posts) - - Show Bio

DR.DOOM art is the best one.

#27 Posted by MrShway88 (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing to special this week.

#28 Posted by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

love the nightwing

#29 Posted by timelord (818 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved The Flash :)

#30 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

Mother of god... that Mikey and Nightcrawler are drop dead GORGEOUS.

The coloring is magnificent.

#31 Posted by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

Mike Deodato Jr. is a beast.

#32 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#33 Posted by Shot (2326 posts) - - Show Bio

dayum...one day I shall be on the front page :D

#34 Edited by ARMIV2 (8845 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this man's work sooooooooo freaking much. If I could marry artwork, I'd marry his.

#36 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3738 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve:

My point exactly! Nightwing ala Van Damme's Volvo commercial!! LIKE A BAUS!!!

#37 Posted by JamesScott (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Stegman's goblin is unbelievable!!

#40 Posted by RageTH22 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone remember Old DCU Ravager?

Yildiray Cinar does. And for that, I am thankful.

Not to down anyone else's work, which is all excellent, but seeing some classic Rose always brings a smile to my face.

#42 Posted by E1000 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-skrull : just wow, suc an interesting take to a classic/joke-material character !

#43 Posted by Lykida (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Hellboy and Nightcrawler pieces.

#46 Edited by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much awesome! Can't narrow it down.