Posted by G-Man (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

Each and every week we gather up the best comic book art that you will not see in comics. The reason you won't is because artists often do sketches for fun and commissions and post them on their websites, blogs and Tumblrs. Many artists often arrange commissions through their sites so check them out for more detail if you're looking to own a cool original piece.

A big piece of news this past week was the fact that Dredd did really well in Blu-ray/DVD sales. Let's keep our fingers crossed we can see a sequel. Check out the sketch Michael Walsh posted on his Tumblr.

== TEASER ==

Denis Medri posted some more Rockabilly Batman sketches on his Deviant Art Page. When are we going to get an actual comic of this? And did you see the pic Scott Snyder posted of the sketch Medri did when Scott's wife contacted him?

Have you ever wondered what Cyclops drawn by Paolo Rivera would look like? He posted a version on his blog. Only it might not be the Cyclops you were looking for.

Have you heard about how much I love SECRET WARS? Check out this tribute cover Chris Giarrusso posted on his site. He also posted another sketch cover of the Avengers.

It's always a pleasure to swing by Phil Noto's Tumblr and discover a new sketch posted. Check out his Pixie.

Daniel HDR posted some more sketches and work in progress pics on his Tumblr. It's not often you see a Bouncing Boy commission.

Dustin Nguyen is often Joking around. Check out the Joker pics posted on his Tumblr along with a Martin Luthor King Jr pic.

Check out this quick sketch Norm Rapmund posted on his Twitter page.

I'm assuming the next issue of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN lands next week. Check out the Spider-Man sketches Ryan Stegman posted on his Tumblr.

Skottie Young often posts "Daily Sketches" on his website and puts them up for sale. They pretty much get sold immediately.

Philip Tan posted a sketch of Falcon on his Facebook page and check out this older sketch he did of Cable.

Cameron Stewart loved Django Unchained and posted this pic on his Tumblr.

Tom Raney tweeted a sketch cover for FANTASTIC FOUR #600 for Hero Initiative. It's up for auction on eBay and there's still some time left if you're quick. It's for a good cause.

Agnes Garbowska also did a FANTASTIC FOUR #600 sketch for Hero Initiative. You can check out the auction HERE. She also posted some other sketches on her Tumblr.

Freddie Williams II was busy this week. Check out the sketches he posted on his TwitPic Page. The last three are "quick sketches" he did for his niece and nephews.

Mike Mayhew posted some of the Marvel Premier Sketch Cards on his Twitter page.

Terry Dodson posted a Jubilee commission from NYCC on his Deviant Art Page along with the penciled version of the upcoming X-MEN #1 cover.

For our last pic this week, normally we only post art from comic book artists but Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring shared this image from Calview Comics. It's Marvel/Megaman mash up. Can you name them all? Click to enlarge.

That's it for this week. Let me know if you come across any other artists' blog or Tumblrs.

#1 Posted by ARMIV2 (8679 posts) - - Show Bio

Darn, I can't pick a favorite here...though that Dodson X-ladies one is pretty sweet.

#2 Posted by blackcobalt (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wait wait... Jubilee has her powers back?!

#3 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackcobalt said:

Wait wait wait... Jubilee has her powers back?!

I noticed the same thing

#4 Posted by G-Man (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackcobalt:

@lorex:

We'll have to wait for the first issue of X-MEN!!

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by SoA (4929 posts) - - Show Bio

the marvel/megaman piece made my day that is so cool .

#7 Posted by G-Man (36762 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Name all the characters! I dare you.

#8 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

the marvel/megaman piece made my day that is so cool .

It is so awesome, lets make this into a real game!!!!..... Now all we need is another one with the DC universe!!!

#9 Posted by longbowhunter (7289 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Connor Hawke. Skottie Young draws a perfect Scarecrow.

#10 Posted by SoA (4929 posts) - - Show Bio

@TitanTempest said:

It is so awesome, lets make this into a real game!!!!..... Now all we need is another one with the DC universe!!!

i want to see that too !

#11 Posted by ccraft (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackcobalt: I read that she was turned into a vampire, what was that about?

#12 Posted by spiderturtle (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Rockabilly Batman be a show already?

#13 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3559 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, Chocobo training is hard stuff. I played FFVII. You have no idea how hard it was to finally breed that bloody Golden Chocobo.

#14 Posted by SoA (4929 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: to be honest i guessed bad on one , and my "(pass) " had me stumped

#15 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

That Marvel/Megaman piece is my new wallpaper on my iPad.

#16 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Love those Freddie Williams II pictures

#17 Posted by LordRequiem (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

Tan makes even a lame character like Falcon look cool. I like that he draws different characters all the time, Sentry next, here's hoping.

#18 Posted by Timotheus316 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex: I figured after the Phoenix blast and new mutants started cropping up that the formerly depowered mutants should/would have their powers back or some kind of powers. Makes comic book sense to me. I sooo plan on reading this. Love me some Jubilee and other X-ladies!

#19 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

Daniel HDR's work is great, nice change with his pieces. Loved his Rocketeer last week as well.

Whoa on Skottie Young's Scarecrow! Love it. Of all Denis Medri's different takes on the Batman characters, I love the Catwoman version he does the best. Great piece here.

Totally enjoy all the work Dustin Nguyen does. I've shared his work with friends who aren't familiar with a lot of comic book art and many of them love his art!

I think the best action sketch here is Freddie Williams II's Batman. Love that one.

Dang..Philip Tan's Falcon is awesome and then the Cable...I LOVE the style and colors on that one, very well done.

Mayhew's Human Torch and Iron Man sketch cards are incredible!

Have to say, I am ecstatic to see more Terry Dodson and both pieces are superb but I am really digging that X-Men cover art! Yee-Haw!

Great week, and there are so many I love here just can't always spend so much time gushing and mentioning them all!

#20 Posted by dcfox (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Skottie Young and Final Fantasy? How can that not be my fav this week. Phil Noto's Pixie is a close second.

#21 Posted by Darkseidconquers (9 posts) - - Show Bio

It's surprising to see Ray Harryhausen's cyclopes.

#22 Posted by dondave (38505 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Choices, Freddie Williams, Dustin Nguyen and Phillip Tan especially

#23 Posted by blackcobalt (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: I think it was "Curse of the Mutants". Good read. Yes, she was turned into a vampire and is supposed to stay that way for the new X-men book.

#24 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

It is always Dope to see some Batman Rockability, That was a nice MLK drawing, and the Marvel Megamans was cool too.

(+)

#25 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Rockabilly Catwoman & some Pixies love from Noto. ♥

#26 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

My gOD!!! All are great!!

#27 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Rockabilly Batman needs to happen like yesterday.

#28 Posted by InsaneArtisticNerd (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee and her love of bubble-gum is adorable.

#29 Edited by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio
It's Marvel/Megaman mash up. Can you name them all?

It's kinda hard since the lines aren't clearly defined but: in sort of order I see (one ? means it's a guess, ??? means I have no idea or can't remember the name):

Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, Rhino, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Hydroman, Cardiac, Captain Universe Spiderman, Dr. Strange (classic), Captain America, Iron Man, Taskmaster, AoA Magneto, AoA Wolverine, AoA Sunspot, Stryfe, AoA Havok, Storm, Ant Man, Spiral, Toxin, Kraven, Tarantula, Scorpion, Vulture, Doppelganger, Kaine, Sandman, Boomerang, Black suit Spidey, Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, Deadpool, X-Man, Cable, Forge, AoA Cyclops, AoA Sinister, Daredevil (Shadowland)? or Black Panther?, Thunderbird, Namor, Mysterio, Prowler, Electro, Carnage, Black Cat, Doc Ock, Lizard, Demogoblin, AoA Wild Child?, Beetle, Speed Demon, Human Torch, Mole Man, Skrull, Thor, Moondragon, Nick Fury, Spider Woman (Julia Carpenter), Hercules, Constrictor, US Agent, AoA Sunfire, AoA Storm, Blink, Captain Marvel/Photon (Monica Rambeau), Sauron, AoA Rogue, Black Knight, Fabian Cortez, Exodus, Cannonball, Shocker, Solo, Daredevil (yellow), Tombstone, Punisher, Silver Sable, Hammerhead, Chameleon, Cloak, Bullseye, Dagger, Venom, Night Thrasher, Deathlok, Speedball, Lyja, Medusa, ???, Super Skrul, Captain Mar-Vel (Kree Militia), Red Hulk, Angel (Champions, Black Widow, Leader, Namorita, Spot, Firestar, Red Skull, Rachel Summers (Hound), Daredevil, Morbius, Electra, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch), Blackheart, Iron Fist, Power Man, Black Bolt, Wizard, Dormammu, Annihihilus, Klaw, Goliath (Clint Barton)?, War Machine, Wrecker, ???, Banshee, AoA Jean Grey, Feral, Abomination, Ultron, (Arch)Angel, Wonderman, Storm, Vision, Darkhawk, Archangel, Johnny Blaze, Apocalypse, Lilith, Wolverine (tan and brown), Baron Zemo, Arcade, Spiderwoman (Jessica Drew), Beast, Hulk (green), Beta Ray Bill, Onslaught, Avalanche (Freedom Force), Absorbing Man, Loki, Doc Samson, Shadowcat, Boom Boom/Boomer, Silver Samurai, Multiple Man, Mr. Sinister, Captain Britain, Lilandra, Corsair, Guardian, Lilandra (armor), Sentinal, Hulk (Joe Fixit), Wolverine (in a tux for some reason?) AoA Nightcrawler, Crystal, Warlock, AoA Bishop, Magneto, Cyclops, AoA Colossus, Professor X, Omega Red, Wolverine (blue and yellow), AoA Sabertooth, Gambit, Crossbones, Sunspot, Bishop, Angel (X-Factor), Azazel, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Jubilee, Avalanche (Brotherhood of Evil Mutants), Havok, Storm (mowhawk), Rogue, White Queen (Emma Frost), Dark Phoenix, Strong Guy, Starfox, Nova (Richard Rider), Firelord, Falcon, Guardian, Aurora, Skaar, Angel, Kang, Shatterstar, Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange (modern), Quicksilver, Sabertooth (70s), Havok (original), Legion, ???, Dreadknight, Lady Deathstrike, ???, Bucky, Marvel Girl, Sleepwalker, She-Hulk, Sunfire, Scarlet Witch, Dazzler (singer), Puck, Cyclops, Dazzler (arcade game), Sebastian Shaw, Colossus, Juggernaut, Adam Warlock, Thanos, Nova (Frankie Raye), ???, Doctor Doom, Northstar, ???, Enchantress (Aurora), Whirlwind?, ???, AoA Morph, AoA Apocalypse, ???, Blob, Pyro, Siryn, Mystique, Cyber, Sabertooth (90s), Psylocke, ???, Nimrod, Black Queen (Selene), Mimic Polaris, Senyaka, ???, Drax, Captain Marvel, ??? Uatu, ???, Mephisto, Magus, Morg, Carrion, Iceman, Warbird, Wendigo, Domino, Mojo, Jean Grey, Gideon, Silver Surfer, Quasar (Wendell Elvis), Terrax, ???, Hulk (Gray), Longshot, and Galactus

If anyone recognizes the rest please let me know.

Edit: It's sad that I can remember all those characters names and various looks, yet I can't remember half the stuff I learned in school, like when the Hundred Years' War was, or who fought it, and who won. I do remember that it was longer than 100 years, and they just rounded down.

Edit: fixing some wrong guesses because I'm a completionist.

#30 Edited by iceslick (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone name that guy in the blue shirt, brown pants, sunglasses with the trench coat and blond hair with a gun next to Ghost Rider? I've noticed he hasn't been in the comic books in a while. I can remember issues with him on Ghost Rider and I think he was in Spiderman TAS series once. But I can't remember his name!! :-(

#31 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceslick: that's Johnny Blaze from the 90s between when he was first Ghost Rider, and when he became a Ghost Rider again.

#32 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Every drawing was awesome and as I scrolled to the end it got more awesome x9000. The Megaman days!!

#33 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the pic of Martin Luther King Jr. That was nice.

New Desktop background!!

#34 Posted by Mastercodex (28 posts) - - Show Bio

This one was particularly sweet

#35 Posted by Danial79 (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Rockabilly Batman NEEDS to be a real comic. Even a 5-6 issue miniseries would be awesome.

And Scottie Young, I just love everything that guy draws.

#36 Posted by Grey56 (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Williams and Dodson take the cake.

#37 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like that Phil Noto Pixie. I wish he'd do a different book other than Thunderbolts, I wasn't a fan of that honestly.

The Dodsons have been favorites of mine for a while. I really love that Jubilee and the X-men Variant cover. I pleaded with my comic store to try and secure me a copy of that variant and they said they would try. Hopefully they do get it for me. I don't wanna have to try and find it online.

#38 Posted by Valerie7 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Jubilee commission!

#39 Posted by KnightofSteel (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that Batman one by Norm Rapmund, one of my favorite inkers.

#40 Posted by AmazingWebHead (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Joker & Harley milkshake one. It's funny because they're mas-murdering psychos.

#41 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

The Megaman/Marvel mashup is so awesome. It's so fun identifying the diff characters lol :D

#42 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Suh-Weet!

#43 Posted by VioletPhoenix (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Lyra Omotto aaaaaw yeah!

#44 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Norm Rapmund's work for me, thank you very much!

#45 Posted by caliviewcomics (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a final rundown of the characters for the Marvel/Megaman mashup (Left to Right...as best as I can):

Spider-Man, Kraven, Scarlet Spider, Rhino, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, HydroMan, Cardiac, Cosmic Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Iron Man, Taskmaster, Magneto (AoA), Weapon X (AoA), Sunspot, Stryfe, Havok (AoA), Storm (70’s-80’s Costume), Ant Man, Spiral, Spidercide, Tarantula, Scorpion, Vulture, Doppleganger, Kaine, Sandman, Boomerang, Spider Man (Black Costume), Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, Deadpool, X-Man (AoA), Cable, Forge, Cyclops (AoA), Mr. Sinister (AoA), Black Panther, Warpath, Namor, Mysterio, Black Cat, Lizard, Demogoblin, Puma, Beetle, Speed Demon, Human Torch, Thing, Thor, Nick Fury, Constrictor, Sunfire (AoA), Blink (AoA), Sauron, Fabian Cortez, Prowler, Electro, Carnage, Doc Ock, Moleman, Skrull, Moondragon, SpiderWoman (Julia Carpenter), Hercules, US Agent, Storm (AoA), Captain Marvel, Rogue (AoA), Black Knight, Exodus, Cannonball, Shocker, Solo, Punisher, Hammerhead, Chameleon, Venom, Deathlok, Lyja, Molecule Man, Super Skrull, Kree, Red Hulk, Angel (2 Costume), Black Widow, Leader, Namorita, Zero, Firestar, Red Skull, Phoenix (Hellhound), Kingpin, Daredevil (Yellow Costume), Tombstone, Silver Sable, Cloak, Bullseye, Dagger, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Medusa, Dormammu, Klaw, War Machine, Diablo, Wonder Man, Daredevil, Morbius, Elektra, Moonknight, Ghost Rider, Blackheart, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Black Bolt, Karnak, Annihilus, Piledriver, Wrecker, Banshee, Jean Grey (AoA), Feral, Abomination, Ultron, Archangel (Feather Wings/Blue Skin), Storm (GoldTeam), Vision, Darkhawk, Archangel, Johnny Blaze, Lilith, Arcade, Spider Woman (Jessica Drew), Beast, Hulk, Beta Ray Bill, Onslaught, Bulldozer, Absorbing Man, Loki, Doc Samson, Shadow Cat, Boom Boom, Silver Samurai, Multiple Man, Mr. Sinister, Captain Britain, Lilandra, Corsair, Apocalypse, Wolverine (Brown Costume), Baron Zemo, Nightcrawler (AoA), Warlock (New Mutants), Magneto, Cyclops, Prof X, Wolverine (BlueTeam), Gambit, Sunspot (AoA), Angel (X-factor), Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Jubliee, Avalanche, Storm (Mohawk), Rogue, White Queen, Dark Phoenix, Gladiator, Lilandra (Imperial Armor), Sentinel, Grey Hulk (Mr. Fixit), Wolverine (Patch), Crystal, Bishop (AoA), Colossus (AoA), Omega Red, Sabretooth (AoA), Crossbones, Bishop, Azazel, Havok, StrongGuy, Starfox, Nova (Richard Ryder), Firelord, Falcon, Vindicator, Aurora, Dark Beast, Angel (AoA), Kang, Shatterstar, Black Tom Cassidy, Havok, Legion, Lady Deathstrike, Thunderball, Marvel Girl, She Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops, Dazzler, Colossus, Adam Warlock, Nova (Galactus Herald), Champion, Dr Doom, Northstar, Shaman, Enchantress, Eric The Red, Gambit, (AoA), Morph (AoA), Apocalypse (AoA), Maverick, Blob, Pyro, Siryn, Mystique, Ms Marvel, Cyber, Quicksilver, Sabretooth (Original Costume), Caliban, Dreadknight, Bucky, Sleepwalker, Sunfire, Puck, Sebastian Shaw, Mephisto, Magus, Morg, Sasquatch, Iceman, Deathbird, Wendigo, Domino, Mojo, Sabretooth, Jean Grey (GoldTeam), Psylocke, Gideon, Nimrod, Gorgon, Silver Surfer, Black Queen, Mimic, Quasar, Senyaka, Polaris, Terrax, Drax, Callisto, Stranger, Captain Mar-vell, Dazzler (Disco Era), Watcher, Graviton, Grey Hulk, Longshot, Snowbird, Juggernaut, Thanos, Galactus.

#46 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

Freddie Williams

#47 Posted by 18hunt (2945 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome