Awesome Art Picks: Captain America, Joker, Jubilee and More

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each and every week we gather up the best comic book art that you will not see in comics. The reason you won't is because artists often do sketches for fun and commissions and post them on their websites, blogs and Tumblrs. Many artists often arrange commissions through their sites so check them out for more detail if you're looking to own a cool original piece.

A big piece of news this past week was the fact that Dredd did really well in Blu-ray/DVD sales. Let's keep our fingers crossed we can see a sequel. Check out the sketch Michael Walsh posted on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
== TEASER ==

Denis Medri posted some more Rockabilly Batman sketches on his Deviant Art Page. When are we going to get an actual comic of this? And did you see the pic Scott Snyder posted of the sketch Medri did when Scott's wife contacted him?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Have you ever wondered what Cyclops drawn by Paolo Rivera would look like? He posted a version on his blog. Only it might not be the Cyclops you were looking for.

No Caption Provided

Have you heard about how much I love SECRET WARS? Check out this tribute cover Chris Giarrusso posted on his site. He also posted another sketch cover of the Avengers.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's always a pleasure to swing by Phil Noto's Tumblr and discover a new sketch posted. Check out his Pixie.

No Caption Provided

Daniel HDR posted some more sketches and work in progress pics on his Tumblr. It's not often you see a Bouncing Boy commission.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dustin Nguyen is often Joking around. Check out the Joker pics posted on his Tumblr along with a Martin Luthor King Jr pic.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Check out this quick sketch Norm Rapmund posted on his Twitter page.

No Caption Provided

I'm assuming the next issue of SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN lands next week. Check out the Spider-Man sketches Ryan Stegman posted on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Skottie Young often posts "Daily Sketches" on his website and puts them up for sale. They pretty much get sold immediately.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Philip Tan posted a sketch of Falcon on his Facebook page and check out this older sketch he did of Cable.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cameron Stewart loved Django Unchained and posted this pic on his Tumblr.

No Caption Provided

Tom Raneytweeted a sketch cover for FANTASTIC FOUR #600 for Hero Initiative. It's up for auction on eBay and there's still some time left if you're quick. It's for a good cause.

No Caption Provided

Agnes Garbowska also did a FANTASTIC FOUR #600 sketch for Hero Initiative. You can check out the auction HERE. She also posted some other sketches on her Tumblr.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Freddie Williams II was busy this week. Check out the sketches he posted on his TwitPic Page. The last three are "quick sketches" he did for his niece and nephews.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mike Mayhew posted some of the Marvel Premier Sketch Cards on his Twitter page.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Terry Dodson posted a Jubilee commission from NYCC on his Deviant Art Page along with the penciled version of the upcoming X-MEN #1 cover.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

For our last pic this week, normally we only post art from comic book artists but Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring shared this image from Calview Comics. It's Marvel/Megaman mash up. Can you name them all? Click to enlarge.

No Caption Provided

That's it for this week. Let me know if you come across any other artists' blog or Tumblrs.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ARMIV2

Darn, I can't pick a favorite here...though that Dodson X-ladies one is pretty sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait wait wait... Jubilee has her powers back?!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By lorex

@blackcobalt said:

Wait wait wait... Jubilee has her powers back?!

I noticed the same thing

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

@blackcobalt:

@lorex:

We'll have to wait for the first issue of X-MEN!!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123
SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA

the marvel/megaman piece made my day that is so cool .

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gmanfromheck

@SoA: Name all the characters! I dare you.

TitanTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TitanTempest

@SoA said:

the marvel/megaman piece made my day that is so cool .

It is so awesome, lets make this into a real game!!!!..... Now all we need is another one with the DC universe!!!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By longbowhunter

I miss Connor Hawke. Skottie Young draws a perfect Scarecrow.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SoA

@TitanTempest said:

It is so awesome, lets make this into a real game!!!!..... Now all we need is another one with the DC universe!!!

i want to see that too !

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ccraft

@blackcobalt: I read that she was turned into a vampire, what was that about?

spiderturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By spiderturtle

Can Rockabilly Batman be a show already?

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Hey, Chocobo training is hard stuff. I played FFVII. You have no idea how hard it was to finally breed that bloody Golden Chocobo.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SoA

@G-Man: to be honest i guessed bad on one , and my "(pass) " had me stumped

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Marvel/Megaman piece is my new wallpaper on my iPad.

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dondasch

Love those Freddie Williams II pictures

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordRequiem

Tan makes even a lame character like Falcon look cool. I like that he draws different characters all the time, Sentry next, here's hoping.

Timotheus316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Timotheus316

@lorex: I figured after the Phoenix blast and new mutants started cropping up that the formerly depowered mutants should/would have their powers back or some kind of powers. Makes comic book sense to me. I sooo plan on reading this. Love me some Jubilee and other X-ladies!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19  Edited By Decept-O

Daniel HDR's work is great, nice change with his pieces. Loved his Rocketeer last week as well.

Whoa on Skottie Young's Scarecrow! Love it. Of all Denis Medri's different takes on the Batman characters, I love the Catwoman version he does the best. Great piece here.

Totally enjoy all the work Dustin Nguyen does. I've shared his work with friends who aren't familiar with a lot of comic book art and many of them love his art!

I think the best action sketch here is Freddie Williams II's Batman. Love that one.

Dang..Philip Tan's Falcon is awesome and then the Cable...I LOVE the style and colors on that one, very well done.

Mayhew's Human Torch and Iron Man sketch cards are incredible!

Have to say, I am ecstatic to see more Terry Dodson and both pieces are superb but I am really digging that X-Men cover art! Yee-Haw!

Great week, and there are so many I love here just can't always spend so much time gushing and mentioning them all!

dcfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dcfox

Skottie Young and Final Fantasy? How can that not be my fav this week. Phil Noto's Pixie is a close second.

Avatar image for darkseidconquers
Darkseidconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darkseidconquers

It's surprising to see Ray Harryhausen's cyclopes.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dondave

Great Choices, Freddie Williams, Dustin Nguyen and Phillip Tan especially

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I think it was "Curse of the Mutants". Good read. Yes, she was turned into a vampire and is supposed to stay that way for the new X-men book.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By Yung ANcient One

It is always Dope to see some Batman Rockability, That was a nice MLK drawing, and the Marvel Megamans was cool too.

(+)

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By ragdollpurps

Rockabilly Catwoman & some Pixies love from Noto. ♥

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By maxicere

My gOD!!! All are great!!

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By skooks

Rockabilly Batman needs to happen like yesterday.

Avatar image for insaneartisticnerd
InsaneArtisticNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jubilee and her love of bubble-gum is adorable.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fantasgasmic
It's Marvel/Megaman mash up. Can you name them all?

It's kinda hard since the lines aren't clearly defined but: in sort of order I see (one ? means it's a guess, ??? means I have no idea or can't remember the name):

Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, Rhino, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Hydroman, Cardiac, Captain Universe Spiderman, Dr. Strange (classic), Captain America, Iron Man, Taskmaster, AoA Magneto, AoA Wolverine, AoA Sunspot, Stryfe, AoA Havok, Storm, Ant Man, Spiral, Toxin, Kraven, Tarantula, Scorpion, Vulture, Doppelganger, Kaine, Sandman, Boomerang, Black suit Spidey, Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, Deadpool, X-Man, Cable, Forge, AoA Cyclops, AoA Sinister, Daredevil (Shadowland)? or Black Panther?, Thunderbird, Namor, Mysterio, Prowler, Electro, Carnage, Black Cat, Doc Ock, Lizard, Demogoblin, AoA Wild Child?, Beetle, Speed Demon, Human Torch, Mole Man, Skrull, Thor, Moondragon, Nick Fury, Spider Woman (Julia Carpenter), Hercules, Constrictor, US Agent, AoA Sunfire, AoA Storm, Blink, Captain Marvel/Photon (Monica Rambeau), Sauron, AoA Rogue, Black Knight, Fabian Cortez, Exodus, Cannonball, Shocker, Solo, Daredevil (yellow), Tombstone, Punisher, Silver Sable, Hammerhead, Chameleon, Cloak, Bullseye, Dagger, Venom, Night Thrasher, Deathlok, Speedball, Lyja, Medusa, ???, Super Skrul, Captain Mar-Vel (Kree Militia), Red Hulk, Angel (Champions, Black Widow, Leader, Namorita, Spot, Firestar, Red Skull, Rachel Summers (Hound), Daredevil, Morbius, Electra, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch), Blackheart, Iron Fist, Power Man, Black Bolt, Wizard, Dormammu, Annihihilus, Klaw, Goliath (Clint Barton)?, War Machine, Wrecker, ???, Banshee, AoA Jean Grey, Feral, Abomination, Ultron, (Arch)Angel, Wonderman, Storm, Vision, Darkhawk, Archangel, Johnny Blaze, Apocalypse, Lilith, Wolverine (tan and brown), Baron Zemo, Arcade, Spiderwoman (Jessica Drew), Beast, Hulk (green), Beta Ray Bill, Onslaught, Avalanche (Freedom Force), Absorbing Man, Loki, Doc Samson, Shadowcat, Boom Boom/Boomer, Silver Samurai, Multiple Man, Mr. Sinister, Captain Britain, Lilandra, Corsair, Guardian, Lilandra (armor), Sentinal, Hulk (Joe Fixit), Wolverine (in a tux for some reason?) AoA Nightcrawler, Crystal, Warlock, AoA Bishop, Magneto, Cyclops, AoA Colossus, Professor X, Omega Red, Wolverine (blue and yellow), AoA Sabertooth, Gambit, Crossbones, Sunspot, Bishop, Angel (X-Factor), Azazel, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Jubilee, Avalanche (Brotherhood of Evil Mutants), Havok, Storm (mowhawk), Rogue, White Queen (Emma Frost), Dark Phoenix, Strong Guy, Starfox, Nova (Richard Rider), Firelord, Falcon, Guardian, Aurora, Skaar, Angel, Kang, Shatterstar, Ms. Marvel, Dr. Strange (modern), Quicksilver, Sabertooth (70s), Havok (original), Legion, ???, Dreadknight, Lady Deathstrike, ???, Bucky, Marvel Girl, Sleepwalker, She-Hulk, Sunfire, Scarlet Witch, Dazzler (singer), Puck, Cyclops, Dazzler (arcade game), Sebastian Shaw, Colossus, Juggernaut, Adam Warlock, Thanos, Nova (Frankie Raye), ???, Doctor Doom, Northstar, ???, Enchantress (Aurora), Whirlwind?, ???, AoA Morph, AoA Apocalypse, ???, Blob, Pyro, Siryn, Mystique, Cyber, Sabertooth (90s), Psylocke, ???, Nimrod, Black Queen (Selene), Mimic Polaris, Senyaka, ???, Drax, Captain Marvel, ??? Uatu, ???, Mephisto, Magus, Morg, Carrion, Iceman, Warbird, Wendigo, Domino, Mojo, Jean Grey, Gideon, Silver Surfer, Quasar (Wendell Elvis), Terrax, ???, Hulk (Gray), Longshot, and Galactus

If anyone recognizes the rest please let me know.

Edit: It's sad that I can remember all those characters names and various looks, yet I can't remember half the stuff I learned in school, like when the Hundred Years' War was, or who fought it, and who won. I do remember that it was longer than 100 years, and they just rounded down.

Edit: fixing some wrong guesses because I'm a completionist.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#30  Edited By iceslick

Can anyone name that guy in the blue shirt, brown pants, sunglasses with the trench coat and blond hair with a gun next to Ghost Rider? I've noticed he hasn't been in the comic books in a while. I can remember issues with him on Ghost Rider and I think he was in Spiderman TAS series once. But I can't remember his name!! :-(

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fantasgasmic

@iceslick: that's Johnny Blaze from the 90s between when he was first Ghost Rider, and when he became a Ghost Rider again.

Avatar image for victorvondoom_1
VictorVonDoom_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VictorVonDoom_1

Every drawing was awesome and as I scrolled to the end it got more awesome x9000. The Megaman days!!

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By Miss_Garrick

I love the pic of Martin Luther King Jr. That was nice.

New Desktop background!!

Mastercodex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mastercodex

This one was particularly sweet

No Caption Provided
DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By DanialCarroll

Rockabilly Batman NEEDS to be a real comic. Even a 5-6 issue miniseries would be awesome.

And Scottie Young, I just love everything that guy draws.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Grey56

Williams and Dodson take the cake.

Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Tyrannotaur

I really like that Phil Noto Pixie. I wish he'd do a different book other than Thunderbolts, I wasn't a fan of that honestly.

The Dodsons have been favorites of mine for a while. I really love that Jubilee and the X-men Variant cover. I pleaded with my comic store to try and secure me a copy of that variant and they said they would try. Hopefully they do get it for me. I don't wanna have to try and find it online.

Valerie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Valerie7

Love the Jubilee commission!

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KnightofSteel

I like that Batman one by Norm Rapmund, one of my favorite inkers.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By amazing_webhead

I like the Joker & Harley milkshake one. It's funny because they're mas-murdering psychos.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fury714

The Megaman/Marvel mashup is so awesome. It's so fun identifying the diff characters lol :D

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Press Oblivion

Suh-Weet!

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By VioletPhoenix

Lyra Omotto aaaaaw yeah!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norm Rapmund's work for me, thank you very much!

caliviewcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By caliviewcomics

Here is a final rundown of the characters for the Marvel/Megaman mashup (Left to Right...as best as I can):

Spider-Man, Kraven, Scarlet Spider, Rhino, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, HydroMan, Cardiac, Cosmic Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Captain America, Iron Man, Taskmaster, Magneto (AoA), Weapon X (AoA), Sunspot, Stryfe, Havok (AoA), Storm (70’s-80’s Costume), Ant Man, Spiral, Spidercide, Tarantula, Scorpion, Vulture, Doppleganger, Kaine, Sandman, Boomerang, Spider Man (Black Costume), Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Hawkeye, Deadpool, X-Man (AoA), Cable, Forge, Cyclops (AoA), Mr. Sinister (AoA), Black Panther, Warpath, Namor, Mysterio, Black Cat, Lizard, Demogoblin, Puma, Beetle, Speed Demon, Human Torch, Thing, Thor, Nick Fury, Constrictor, Sunfire (AoA), Blink (AoA), Sauron, Fabian Cortez, Prowler, Electro, Carnage, Doc Ock, Moleman, Skrull, Moondragon, SpiderWoman (Julia Carpenter), Hercules, US Agent, Storm (AoA), Captain Marvel, Rogue (AoA), Black Knight, Exodus, Cannonball, Shocker, Solo, Punisher, Hammerhead, Chameleon, Venom, Deathlok, Lyja, Molecule Man, Super Skrull, Kree, Red Hulk, Angel (2 Costume), Black Widow, Leader, Namorita, Zero, Firestar, Red Skull, Phoenix (Hellhound), Kingpin, Daredevil (Yellow Costume), Tombstone, Silver Sable, Cloak, Bullseye, Dagger, Night Thrasher, Speedball, Medusa, Dormammu, Klaw, War Machine, Diablo, Wonder Man, Daredevil, Morbius, Elektra, Moonknight, Ghost Rider, Blackheart, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Black Bolt, Karnak, Annihilus, Piledriver, Wrecker, Banshee, Jean Grey (AoA), Feral, Abomination, Ultron, Archangel (Feather Wings/Blue Skin), Storm (GoldTeam), Vision, Darkhawk, Archangel, Johnny Blaze, Lilith, Arcade, Spider Woman (Jessica Drew), Beast, Hulk, Beta Ray Bill, Onslaught, Bulldozer, Absorbing Man, Loki, Doc Samson, Shadow Cat, Boom Boom, Silver Samurai, Multiple Man, Mr. Sinister, Captain Britain, Lilandra, Corsair, Apocalypse, Wolverine (Brown Costume), Baron Zemo, Nightcrawler (AoA), Warlock (New Mutants), Magneto, Cyclops, Prof X, Wolverine (BlueTeam), Gambit, Sunspot (AoA), Angel (X-factor), Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Jubliee, Avalanche, Storm (Mohawk), Rogue, White Queen, Dark Phoenix, Gladiator, Lilandra (Imperial Armor), Sentinel, Grey Hulk (Mr. Fixit), Wolverine (Patch), Crystal, Bishop (AoA), Colossus (AoA), Omega Red, Sabretooth (AoA), Crossbones, Bishop, Azazel, Havok, StrongGuy, Starfox, Nova (Richard Ryder), Firelord, Falcon, Vindicator, Aurora, Dark Beast, Angel (AoA), Kang, Shatterstar, Black Tom Cassidy, Havok, Legion, Lady Deathstrike, Thunderball, Marvel Girl, She Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops, Dazzler, Colossus, Adam Warlock, Nova (Galactus Herald), Champion, Dr Doom, Northstar, Shaman, Enchantress, Eric The Red, Gambit, (AoA), Morph (AoA), Apocalypse (AoA), Maverick, Blob, Pyro, Siryn, Mystique, Ms Marvel, Cyber, Quicksilver, Sabretooth (Original Costume), Caliban, Dreadknight, Bucky, Sleepwalker, Sunfire, Puck, Sebastian Shaw, Mephisto, Magus, Morg, Sasquatch, Iceman, Deathbird, Wendigo, Domino, Mojo, Sabretooth, Jean Grey (GoldTeam), Psylocke, Gideon, Nimrod, Gorgon, Silver Surfer, Black Queen, Mimic, Quasar, Senyaka, Polaris, Terrax, Drax, Callisto, Stranger, Captain Mar-vell, Dazzler (Disco Era), Watcher, Graviton, Grey Hulk, Longshot, Snowbird, Juggernaut, Thanos, Galactus.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mtrakos

Freddie Williams

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers