• 60 results
Posted by G-Man (32252 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we gather up the coolest comic art on the internet that will never appear in actual comic books. The reason is, artists often do sketches for fun or for commissions and post them on their websites, Tumblrs, Twitter pages and blogs. They're too good to go unnoticed. Many of these artists even offer commissions through their websites so be sure to check them out.

New York Comic-Con is almost upon us and Marcio Takara is working on pre-con sketches. Here's a few he posted on his Tumblr this week.

== TEASER ==

Michael Walsh will also be at NYCC. He posted a pre-con sketch and a 'Sketch Request Monday' on his Tumblr.

Skottie Young has been posting new sketches on his website and it looks like some older pieces on his Tumblr. Check out this cute "Hi Monkey" sketch. Check out his website to find out story behind it.

Gabriel Hardman has opened up his pre-NYCC commission list. Check out his blog to find out the pricing and to arrange for your own pic.

Paolo Rivera is getting ready for NYCC as well. Here's a Daredevil pic he posted on his blog for a St. Jude Children's Research Hospital charity auction. You can find out more about it HERE.

Philip Tan is continuing to post sketches on his Facebook page.

Mike Deodato is adding new and old pieces to his Tumblr. You could sit there for hours just looking at it all.

Agnes Garbowska will also be at NYCC. Her commission list is open as well. Check out her Tumblr for information on how to find out pricing and to put your request in.

Seems like everyone is going to NYCC. Daniel HDR has been busily working on his pre-con sketches as well. You can check out the various stages of them on his Tumblr.

Todd Nauck posted a few sketches on his Tumblr this week.

Here's some sketches Mike McKone posted on his TwitPic page. It's nice to see a slimmer Cyclops since he used to have the nickname "Slim."

Chris Giarrusso will also be at New York Comic-Con. Word is he'll have a new G-Man comic soon. Here's a cover sketch he posted on his website.

UPDATE

This sort of breaks the rules of "comic art you won't see in comics" but Chris informed me that the first issue of G-MAN - COMING HOME will be available at NYCC!

Mahmud Asrar posted a few sketches on his Instagram this week. Check out his steampunk Huntress and Psylocke along with a couple Supergirls.

It's always great to see what Denis Medri will post next on his Deviant Art Page. This week he put up a Sanford and Son pic.

Cameron Stewart posted a few commissions he's been working on on his Instagram page this week.

Last week was another new episode of Doctor Who. That means Francesco Francavilla posted another minimalist poster on his blog. This is for episode 7.04, "The Power of Three."

Brett Booth posts a new pic each week on his blog. Here's a Catman redesign he did for fun.

Our last entry is from Dustin Nguyen. He often draws in different mediums. Check out these pieces he posted on his Tumblr this week.

That wraps up another edition. New York Comic-Con is getting closer and closer.

Staff
#1 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG! Batman/Dr Who team up!?!? YES PLEASE!

#2 Posted by I_Am_Dark (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else mistake Catman for the movie version of Nite-Owl or am I alone there?

#3 Posted by LivingWire (24 posts) - - Show Bio

My god! this one's amazing, Rhino and Spider-man.....best!!

#4 Posted by 4donkeyjohnson (1649 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome Taskmaster!

#5 Posted by longbowhunter (7046 posts) - - Show Bio

The Catman redesign isn't bad. Philip Tan's Taskmaster for the win.

#6 Posted by salmy (32 posts) - - Show Bio

That Todd Nauck Deadpool has proved to me that he's prefect for Deadpool. Just cartoony enough but holding on to reality for Deadpool. I don't know, I just think he's would be a great artist on Deadpool.

#7 Posted by falcon10 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#8 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really loving the Doctor Who ones.

#9 Posted by space_coyote (1132 posts) - - Show Bio

I always look forward to the black and white art. I print them out so my daughter can color them.

#10 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

That "Hela" by Philip Tan is very nice!

#11 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

Must really be cold in Hel from the look of that pic.

#12 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Elizabeth!

OK< no one getting that reference but dang....Skottie Young REALLY brought home the bacon this week. Wow.

Tan's Taskmaster and Walsh's Spirit, and Nguyen's monster mash all great stuff. Digging all the other artists as well, just too much for me to mention all the time. Love 'em, and always love this thread every Saturday!

#13 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Skottie Young's Orko and Skeletor are AMAZING! Once again, Phillp Tan knocked it out of the park. All his work is sooooo good.

#14 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

dawww I actully read why scottie young made that monkey picture, also not a huge fan of the new catman look.

#15 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

sanford and son ftw :-)

#16 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Power Man, Iron Fist, and Supergirl.

#17 Posted by Captain13 (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

sanford and son! dew dew dew dew... dew dew dew dew dew dew dew

#18 Posted by pkebker (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Bane scratching his balls?

#19 Posted by mightypug78 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

task master pic dominates

#20 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6620 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool!

#21 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@mightypug78 said:

task master pic dominates

#22 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Skelators looked awesome, Hela looks amazing, and love the Sanford and Son pic.

#23 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSS DEADPOOL AND DEADPOOH!!!!!!

#24 Posted by Howlverine (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome collection this week. It's always awesome but this week it's REALLY awesome. Tan, McKone, Deodato, Skottie, Giarusso, all awesome. Rivera's DD is pick of the lot, tho. :)

#25 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4527 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved it all, Sanford and Son was nice!

#26 Posted by Ganthetsward20 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk trying to eat a trike? That made my day :) I also really liked the Dr Who Cubes piece too. That Joker pic made me happy as well.

#27 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish that Lizard was the one used in the Amazing Spidey film.

#28 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#29 Posted by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

These are all great....but the Sanford and Son piece by Denis Medri takes the cake!

#31 Posted by Big_Nasty (342 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally lobo and sanford & son gets some love.

#32 Posted by XandraT8 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd Nauck's Deadpool is my favorite!!

#33 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Brett booth and Philip tan-wow

#34 Posted by CraigWayne (63 posts) - - Show Bio

That Sanford & Son piece is tight

#35 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff this week!!

#36 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

So much goodness here! I was really floored by quite a few of these.

#37 Posted by AirDave817 (809 posts) - - Show Bio

That's some awesome stuff!

#38 Posted by JamDamage (1114 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus: shut up dummy

#39 Posted by Trodorne (2584 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nova`Prime` said:

Both Skelators looked awesome

I know and I loved the Orko picture he did as well

#40 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3724 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

The Catman redesign isn't bad. Philip Tan's Taskmaster for the win.

What makes it even more awesome, is that it`s a "mere" scetch....

#41 Posted by Mucklefluga (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

Nguyen's Frankenstein's monster is Amazing!

#42 Posted by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Another excellent group! DeadPooh? Seriously? Awesome.

#43 Posted by vincethekid (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Please try and do new artists each week. I'm starting to see some repetition going with the same artists from week to week. Obviously, some of these guys are your favorite artist but, let's keep it going with some other talents peeps out there.

Thanks.

-Kid

#44 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Talent all around!

#45 Posted by mtbmonkey (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Laymont! You big dummy!

#46 Posted by TheMadMonkey (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Hands down, Skottie Young's Orko wins it this time! Never before has Orko looked so creepy and spooky. I love it!

#47 Posted by ARMIV2 (8432 posts) - - Show Bio

All are so very freaking awesome. I think my favorite one here would be that Taskmaster piece by Phillip Tan.

GORGEEEEEOUS.

#48 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the catman one :D freakin cool. would love to see it coloured

#49 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

Some seriously good pieces here; Taskmaster, Batwoman, Steampunk (as usual) and Stephanie Brown are especially awesome :D

#50 Posted by kartron (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome picks! Love the Batwoman art!