#1 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi Everyone.

I thought it could be nice to celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Avengers by having a thread where we can all post our pictures that we've made of them. I'm not sure if it's my place to be making this thread, but I don't think anyone else has made one.

Anyway, I thought I'd start off with my take on the cover of the first issue, released 50 years ago this month:

I'm planning on doing more homage covers, and I have a few in mind, but if anyone wants to see my try any in particular, let me know so I can consider it. Any others I do won't be lettered though, as I've discovered I'm not a very good letterer, and it takes way too long.

So, does anyone else want to post some Avengers art? :)

Scarlotte.

#2 Posted by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover is really well done! Awesome thread idea by the way, I don't have anything to submit but you have inspired me to come up with something :)

Also sympathise about lettering, that is my weakest spot for sure. Takes so long and so much extra effort if your writing is not naturally tidy. Can't tell my H's from N's or Y's from T's sometimes :/ Yours looks pretty good though ^-_^

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Yay, thanks. :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

It's mostly the letters that need to be coloured in, I really struggle with 'S's in particular for some reason.

Anyway, for my second picture, I've gone with the pretty obvious choice of Avengers #4, the first issue with Captain America. From now on I'll post the original and my own, just in case anyone hasn't seen the original:

#4 Posted by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: It is gonna take a couple of days' work, but I have taken some inspiration from you and plan to draw either a cover or art inspired by the issue that came out the month I was born :) Taking the sentimental approach!

#5 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: that's awesome!

I didn't even realize The Avengers had been around for half a century

#6 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice idea, and love the art posted so far. :)

#7 Posted by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving this a bump in case anyone else wants to get involved, pic will be up tomorrow :)

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Thanks for the bump. Looking forward to your contribution. :)

@bruxae: Thanks. :)

@betatesthighlander1: Thanks. :)

Yeah, them and the X-Men too.

I tried drawing a couple of covers, but I haven't been in quite the right "zone". I'll try again tomorrow. :)

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91356 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@bumpyboo:

Yay, thanks. :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

It's mostly the letters that need to be coloured in, I really struggle with 'S's in particular for some reason.

Anyway, for my second picture, I've gone with the pretty obvious choice of Avengers #4, the first issue with Captain America. From now on I'll post the original and my own, just in case anyone hasn't seen the original:

Awwwww...this is so cute!!!!

#10 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized two of my favorite things, the Avengers and Doctor Who, both have 50th anniversary this year, with only 2 months apart. Cool. Well done with these pics too.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: Thanks. :)

I'm not a huge Doctor Who fan, but I think it's O.K. I'll maybe make a fan art thread for it's 50th anniversary too when it comes. :)

@vance_astro: Thanks. :)

#12 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe: I can give it a go. Just have to work out what to draw for it.

Anyway, I've finally got another picture for this thread. I know there are problems with it, but it could be worse. Sorry if they aren't as detailed as the last couple of pictures, but I had to draw them in button scale to fit 24 on the page.

Based on Avengers #181:

Hope you like it. :)

#14 Posted by HumanRocket (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

I like these different versions of the covers something different and cool I want more covers!

#15 Edited by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

@themanintheshoe:

I can give it a go. Just have to work out what to draw for it.

Anyway, I've finally got another picture for this thread. I know there are problems with it, but it could be worse. Sorry if they aren't as detailed as the last couple of pictures, but I had to draw them in button scale to fit 24 on the page.

Based on Avengers #181:

Hope you like it. :)

Awwwww this is brilliant! I love the way you stay true to your own style AND to the original, that is tough to pull off but you nailed it ^___^

(Oh and had a bout of the flu over the weekend but, almost ready, haven't forgotten hehe)

#16 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket: Thanks. I'll hopefully be putting up some more covers in the next few days. :)

@bumpyboo: Glad you like it. It was quite frustrating getting them into the right-ish positions.

Hope your feeling better. :)

#17 Edited by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah, I thought that was the trickiest part too, mine is almost done inking and the tough bit was managing to keep the scale and overall look of the page while still getting everyone in and keeping them recognisable :)

Edit: Oh, and thank you ^_^

#18 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: That's it exactly. Having such large heads can make positioning awkward.

Is it an homage cover your doing?

#19 Posted by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Very much so, I know some people see a simpler or more cartoon like style of art as being easier but really, it comes with it's own challenges, good to have someone else around here who gets that! ^_^
It is, and it has been a fun one too :) The Avengers #256 - This Power Unleashed! (Will post the images together here when it's done)

#20 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: In ways it is, but there definitely are tricky parts in every style I think. :)

That looks like a good one. I look forward to your take on it. :)

#21 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3773 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks like Namor would be making the "oh dear"-expression, instead of the "gimme all you got"-expression. Funny.

#22 Posted by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I realise this is almost pointlessly late but, finally over the flu and almost done! Will be up tonight. WILL.

I brought a teaser as proof! ^_^

#23 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Apparently Avengers #2 came out 2 months after #1, so in a way this is still within anniversary time. :)

Good to hear you're feeling better, and looking forward to your picture. I like the teaser. :)

#24 Posted by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Thanks very much :)

Alright, it's finally here. It's far from perfect (Herc's a bit skinny for starters :P), but it was a lot of fun :) This is the issue that came out the month I was born: Avengers #256 ^___^

#25 Posted by Samimista (20912 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Woah! =O I think this is my first time seeing you draw a comic cover! 0.0 Looks so accurate. Very cute Bumps! =D

@v_scarlotte_rose:You made that? =O That is absolutely adorable! 0.0 Especially Ant-Man. <3

#26 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Ahh, that's cool. Your style suits it well and the character designs look good. :D

#27 Posted by BumpyBoo (10444 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Aw thank you, never tried one before, they're pretty hard O_O

@v_scarlotte_rose: Thanks a lot :) Was definitely out of my comfort zone but, it was definitely an interesting challenge :)

#28 Posted by Samimista (20912 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Your welcome! I can imagine since you gotta keep referring back to the original piece to get it accurate. 0.0 Must of been tricky to draw. =O

#29 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista:

Thanks very much, glad you like it. :D

#30 Posted by Samimista (20912 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Your welcome! You're one of my favorite artists here with your cute style. =D

#31 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6516 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Samimista (20912 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

I like.