#1 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for taking so long to get this one up and going. I didn't expect to win and when I did I was away on holiday with my family.

So, Artist Showdown. I've been a big Halo fan since the beginning. And no one outside of Bungie's concept artists has drawn more of the Master Chief than I have. (Click HERE or HERE if you don't know what I'm talking about) But I'd dearly love to see what the Comic Vine community can do with the last of the Spartan-II super soldiers. He's been a comic staple for years now, so let's give the Chief some love.

Incidentally, if drawing all that mecha isn't something your particularly interested in doing, feel free to use Cortana, SGT Johnson, or some other main character from the Haloverse. I wont hold it against you. Not everyone is interested in drawing that much Super Soldier armor. ;)

Would you be so kind as to pin this thread, and remove THIS one? Thanks! :)

Oops, forgot to place a deadline on this one. How is September 10th? Good? Good. Sorry about that. Also, here are some reference pieces from the Vine's character page.

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantastic idea! I'll definitely come out of my hiatus to give this a shot. Can't deny the Halo U!

#3 Edited by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio
challenge accepted !!

this is my modified Super Soldier armor

i hope that picture is fine

#4 Posted by lolman0 (12 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: You always make such cool stuff. I really dig your drawing. :)

#6 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my entry. :)

EDIT: posting an updated version. I botched the perspective on the pistol of the original. Got it fixed and uploaded the new version. I think this one is a lot less difficult to look at.

#7 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: Nicely done!

#8 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Thanks. :)

#9 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

Wish I actually played Halo, oh well.

#10 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@mfundo: Well you don't need to be a player to enter the contest. Hell you don't even need to be a fan technically. As much as I enjoy the series, I'm not so much of a fanboy that I don't appreciate a little lampooning of the characters now and then.

#11 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

bump because this deserves more.

#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

God, I would love to post an entry, but I started to sketch, and while it looked half decent, I got angry and stopped.

#13 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

God, I would love to post an entry, but I started to sketch, and while it looked half decent, I got angry and stopped.

Keep at it man. It can take a while to get that armor down, but it's worth it. If you need an extension on the deadline, say the word. :)

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: I should've never stopped drawing >.<

Nah, I'll give it my best shot, but don't bother waiting up on me.

#15 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: There's still a week before the deadline anyway. But if anyone needs an extra day or two, we can always extend it. I'd really like to get a few more entries on this one.

I'm kinda letting my fanboy show here I guess. I really dig Halo. :)

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: I'll give it my best shot, and trust me, so am I ;)

#17 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w said:

challenge accepted !!

this is my modified Super Soldier armor

i hope that picture is fine

WOW! This is fantastic!

#18 Posted by Frozen (13432 posts) - - Show Bio

Count me in.

#19 Posted by skillin villin (88 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting, I'm in if I have time.

#20 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@skillin villin: Let me know if you need more time. :)

#21 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Today is the deadline for this one. I'd like to keep it open a couple more days in hopes that we could get at least one more entry. Is anyone else working on a submission? Close to done perhaps? Anyone?

#22 Posted by momarkey313 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you give me till September 12th? I just came up with an idea I like. Will submit tonight!

#23 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@momarkey313 said:

Can you give me till September 12th? I just came up with an idea I like. Will submit tonight!

Gladly. :)

#24 Posted by momarkey313 (34 posts) - - Show Bio
I know the idea is probably not too original, but I liked the concept. Hope you guys like it.
#25 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

@momarkey313: That's amazing. Thanks for submitting an entry. It's sure to get a lot of attention during the voting round.

I'm still going to wait until tomorrow night in hopes that someone else has an entry to submit. *fingers crossed*

#26 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@momarkey313: Nicely done!!

#27 Posted by momarkey313 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks guys!

#28 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I was really hoping for another entry, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'll close this one down and put up a voting thread at midnight (central time). That's roughly 2 and a half hours from this post.