#1 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
Who will win one?

It's a new year and a great time to jump in and join the monthly artist showcase. Each month we display art from our comic vine users in various mediums and genres and at the end of the year we look for our artist of the year from the monthly polls.

You can submit one entry per month to any of the following mediums....

MEDIUMS: (pick what you feel your entry fits under)

Best Traditional Drawing (paper/pencil/ink/paint/canvas)

Best Digital (tablet/3d/photo)

Best B&W

Best Color

Web Comic / Strip / Panels / COVERS

For this category you may submit a sample (1 IMAGE) of any Web Comic/Strip/Panel or cover layout that you've produced in 2012. In the case of web comics you should also provide a link to where to view the entire comic.

All entries from above are considered for the genres categories below...

GENRES: (You don't submit to these below, they are chosen from all entries above)

Comedy

Horror

Originality

Special FX

PROGRESS:

Most Improved

TIMELINE: It's open for work created from the 1st of the month untill the end of the month. There will be 14 days of polling after and winners of each category will be announced on the 15th.

RULES TO ENTER: It would be chaos without them, so here's the premise.

1) There's no set theme, an artist can post any work they've done within that month but they must choose ONE FOR ANY MEDIUM THEY CHOOSE TO ENTER by the deadline (defaults to their most recent unless specified).

2) For their submission choice they MUST include the following information when posting:

MEDIUM : Traditional / Digital / B&W / Color / Web Comic (required - if you don't specify which medium that it's for, it's not a submission)

REASONS FOR CHOOSING : (not required - but offers insight into the artists creative thought)

SUPPLIES / DESCRIPTION : (not required - but offers insight into the artists creative process)

POLLING: the first 14 days of the next month voters will be able to submit there choices for the following criteria before the winners are announced:

All votes will also apply as points to the 'Artist of the Year' ladder which you can track at THIS THREAD HERE.

Each vote will count as a point for the artist and the one with the highest point count will be considered the overall 'Artist of the Month'. Voters can vote once for all criteria or just the ones that they can come up with a choice. I know there's no glory of picking the next theme but it does offer an artist a chance to focus more on different areas of their work and get a decent idea of what parts of their work people do like.

Here's hoping all you great artists can pluck something out of your monthly pieces to submit :)

#2 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, for DIGITAL category, I re-submit my Stormshadow:

I'll get something up later to submit in the COLOR category.

#3 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Color/Traditional:

The Sunflower

Web Comic:

Batman VS Guy Gardner
#4 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start the month with this one:

#5 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockfall: I like Sunflower's stubble!

@rocketpig: wow, looks like he's straight out of dystopian sci-fi.

#6 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawndon: Thanks! He's a main character of my comic... which seems like a superhero book right now but turns quite dystopian as it progresses. It's kind of the look I was going for... glad I executed it well enough for you to recognize it!

#7 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawndon: thanks :)

#8 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

for Cover

if i cant find time for another entree, ill make this for BW

original design but apparently some ant character or something has the same name

#9 Edited by KINGoCLINT (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Traditional
#10 Posted by KINGoCLINT (61 posts) - - Show Bio
BLACK AND WHITE
#11 Posted by ARMIV2 (8691 posts) - - Show Bio

A darker version of a Painwheel piece I did.

Traditional.

#12 Edited by KINGoCLINT (61 posts) - - Show Bio
COLOR
#13 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

Traditional.

#14 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockfall: BWA~haha! ONE PUNCH!

#15 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528: thank you

#16 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockfall: That had me cracking up and remembering that classic issue. "Why's Guy on the gound?" "Is he dead? No we couldn't be that fortunate." Now I'm really sad that I don't own that issue in any form :(

#17 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

Digital

The Hulk
#18 Edited by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio
Colour (really purple)
Traditional (ink/Paint)

ok so i think il try enter this :P

#19 Posted by Aronmorales (9492 posts) - - Show Bio

What luck that I actually have something I'm proud of to enter...

#20 Posted by Rockfall (700 posts) - - Show Bio

B&W

#21 Posted by PoachedPig (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Digital

#22 Edited by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio
Traditional/Digital/Color
#23 Posted by 1frankcastle4 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

TRADITIONAL

This is the main character in the book ive been writing. Sour Diesel. This dude is badass. Thats all.

#24 Posted by J1ml33 (540 posts) - - Show Bio

Tank Girl Noir :  inspired by an wild combination of  Madonna Music [ Lucky star being my favorite track ] and Reading an old Marc Silvestri drawn issue of Uncanny X-men [ rouge and storm was Rocking the Eighties Metal Hair in eighty eight ] ^_^  also Frank Miller`s Awesome use of Silhouettes  . it`s been a wild weekend ladies and gents ^_^

Digital / tablet : Pen and Ink with Manga Studio  Debut   

#25 Posted by rocketpig (257 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the second to last page of my comic. I'll toss this into panels for April because I really enjoy the last panel.

#26 Edited by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@1frankcastle4: That Sour Diesel is sweeeeet! I see you've been improving your skill; love how your marker complements the pen.

#27 Posted by SpideyDuBois_420 (2 posts) - - Show Bio
Submission for B&W
#28 Posted by ARMIV2 (8691 posts) - - Show Bio

B&W

#29 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be the first month since the inception of this topic that I might not have anything to enter. Do I have anything Tonis ? I have a idea to draw out but I don't have a scanner hidden in my camper. But Who knows what I can come up with in a day !

#30 Posted by 1frankcastle4 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks alot man. im feeling like im back in the groove.

#31 Posted by Xmen_forever (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Traditional/Color:

Hellion with The Phoenix Force:

#32 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

phew, some serious awesome sauce for the April showcase. :)

@Raven0207 said:

This might be the first month since the inception of this topic that I might not have anything to enter. Do I have anything Tonis ? I have a idea to draw out but I don't have a scanner hidden in my camper. But Who knows what I can come up with in a day !

I don't actually remember a month you weren't in with something. If you can't scan, you can try the phonecam route, I know it's not as elegant but it'll work :)

I'll be staggering the polls again this month to avoid those post floods so if you can get something done in by Wednesday night that'll work for me.

#33 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207: What about your Disney sketch cards?
Moon Knight Noir #2 for spiderbat87
Mediums: Digital.
Supplies: Tablet, Sketchbook Pro, Paint Tool SAI.
Reasons For Choosing:
  •  One of the few pieces I've done which I can truly call complete.
Speedball
Mediums: Color.
Supplies: Tablet, Sketchbook Pro. 
Reasons For Choosing:
  • A quickie for the Draw One thread.  I'm surprised it turned out halfway decent considering how fast I churned it out.
#34 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@1frankcastle4: Glad to see it! Definitely a character I wanna see more of

#35 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather I forgot about those thanks for reminding me. Now I just have to find a computer to let me up load them. @Tonis Well with Feathers idea I should have something !

#36 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207: did you put them on DA yet? If so I can grab whatever from there for you :)

#37 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tonis yeah the 2 I would use are on DA. It would help out alot since none of the computers at work have a browser that lets me post pics here. The 2 I worked on in April are the Ariel and Lumber Jack Sparrow. Color and traditional. Thanks again for helping me out. And to Feather for reminding me that they are there. I guess we really are the 3 Stooges an they even made a movie about us. Who knew we were that popular !

#38 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207: nyuk nyuk nyuk XD

Not a prob, so just to make sure I got them right

color
traditional

hehe, that Sparrow is just too freakin cute :D

#39 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tonis yep that's them. Thanks bud ! Bonk ! Pop ! Smack !

#40 Posted by 1frankcastle4 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Color

#41 Posted by DanPrice (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Comedy, Panels.

Thanks DP

www.latexavengercomics.com

#42 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@1frankcastle4: Holy sh!t!!! Sour looks so fuggin' good and a total B.A. at that!!!