• 68 results
#1 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

So being a first time winner in the Show-Off I got a little confused... Thanks for all your votes!
At times with all the goody goody save the world Super-Hero's of the world we forget about the Evil balance of Power that gives a lot of them purpose. I'd like to see all your ideas for the most evil Super-Villain that you can think of? It can be anything from The Joker to Apocalypse... The Red Skull to Purgatory... Crank it! Winner's to be announced Mon. Jan. 16, 2012.I've decided to extend it to the end of the month on Jan. 30th giving everyone time to get some great stuff in!

Good luck everybody!

#2 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey: Any indication what time the contest will end on Jan. 30th? ( Hellogan did say Jan. 30th by the way in his previous post ) Thanks.

#3 Posted by hellogan (55 posts) - - Show Bio

If you need to be precise Decept-O 11:00 am Pacific Standard

#4 Posted by LeeThomasART (191 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeThomasART: yah I'd have to say Ultron is pretty evil, along with totally awesome, sweet piece

#6 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

when i think of evil one super villain comes to mind...Red Skull

#7 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeThomasART: I like the effects of this, pretty cool. @SteveRodgers: He's not a nice guy, that's for sure. He was also ranked in the top 10 of the Comic Vine Super Villains as you probably already know. Nice one.

#8 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeThomasART: It could be a great Ultron, but for some reason when i first saw it i thought that it was Black Manta.

I think it makes a great Ultron but an AWESOME redesign on Black Mantas helmet. Great job.

#9 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with Dr Doom. He's my favourite villain.

#10 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeThomasART: wicked job on Ultron man

@SteveRodgers: slick choice and nice job, he woulda been one of my first picks too

#11 Posted by LeeThomasART (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@SteveRodgers: @Decept-O: @feebadger: @tonis:

Thanks a lot! These comments are far more important than votes to me, so thanks again.

#12 Edited by Mad_Wolverine (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I uploaded this a while back, but now I can put it to use!

It's gotta be Mister J :)

NO LONGER AN OFFICIAL ENTRY

#13 Edited by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Here my entry.

I will must to practique to draw fingers.. Next time

#14 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: this looks good, the fingers are fine and doom is one of my favorite's

@Mad_Wolverine: this makes him look very creepy which adds to the villainous

#15 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad_Wolverine: This is really great Mad but this can't be an official entry. You see the Artist Show-Off Guidelines state that the artwork entered for a contest needs to me made specifically for that contest:

Art must be started and completed in the timeframe of the showdown. Its not fair to post a piece you worked on for a month when the deadline of the showdown is a week.

I'm sorry that can't be accepted as an entry for the contest since it is really good but maybe you can come up with something new to enter in this Showdown :)

#16 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

@SteveRodgers: Thanks, but fingers looks weird. I will correct in this days.

#17 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

@Mad_Wolverine: This is really great Mad but this can't be an official entry. You see the Artist Show-Off Guidelines state that the artwork entered for a contest needs to me made specifically for that contest:

Art must be started and completed in the timeframe of the showdown. Its not fair to post a piece you worked on for a month when the deadline of the showdown is a week.

I'm sorry that can't be accepted as an entry for the contest since it is really good but maybe you can come up with something new to enter in this Showdown :)

Ok thanks, my mistake :P

Thanks for the quote BTW, completed a couple of quests for me, lol

#18 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad_Wolverine: Glad I could be of some help! :)

#19 Posted by johnnyism (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my submission! I've been meaning to try one of these things on Comic Vine. Hey, my name is Johnny. First time submitter. The Ice King is by far one of the most ruthless villains in all the land! Not only does he throw ice bolts around, he loves penguins. Now that is hard core my friends. Hard core indeed. But really, like most villains, he was just misunderstood. He just wanted to be loved (the author of this post breaks down and cries a little bit).

#20 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny it is about time you listened to me and brought your butt on here and join the fun. After a year of ragging I got you to enter a contest. Just so everyone knows this is a guy who in real life is a good buddy of mine and has a great sense of humor that comes out in his art

#21 Posted by johnnyism (87 posts) - - Show Bio

You forgot the part where sometimes I wear pants, and sometimes I don't. BUT DON"T JUDGE ME!!!

#22 Posted by FrischDVH (608 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my first time at photo manipulation so here goes. The vilest baddest villain ever:

My Ex-wife.
#23 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: L...M..A..O.

#24 Edited by KEROGA (991 posts) - - Show Bio
"nothing matters"_owlman
#25 Posted by redscare (443 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: Awesome... here's hoping she doesn't team-up with mine...

#26 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnyism: Welcome! Awesome work on your submission!

@FrischDVH: LMAO!

@KEROGA: Cool!

Here's my entry:

Gwen Stacy is my favorite character so when it comes down to the big and bad it has to be the man responsible for her death. Plus he is also behind Dark Reign, Siege and is the father of the most hated twins that fans wished never existed... I based the goblin's costume on Humberto Ramos' design.

Hopefully you all like it! :)

#27 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey: She looks really worried... Don't know how she can keep her cool in that situation! :)

#28 Posted by payno (977 posts) - - Show Bio
THE RED SKULL
#29 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: hehe, Skull was almost my choice too, he's definitely got the evil down. Great glossy look you gave him, gives him depth :)

#30 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: Gwen is a tough girl... She can take it! :P

@payno: Cool!

#31 Edited by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnnyism: When your organs start to branch off to become villains themselves then yeah, you're pretty darn evil. :P

My choice for most evil super-villain...
 Frieza
If you're not familiar with him, think Adolf Hitler on an intergalactic scale...but worse.
#32 Posted by LeeThomasART (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

If you're not familiar with him, think Adolf Hitler on an intergalactic scale...but worse.

Wow, that's offensive...I'm going to have to strongly disagree with comparing one of, if not the most evil person in history with a cartoon bad guy. Great entry though.

#33 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Awesome!

#34 Posted by payno (977 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: @sora_thekey: Thanks to you both.

Red faced Nazi = Evil.

#35 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey: Thanks.  Admittedly, some of Ramos' design choices on Spider-man made me cringe (Doc Ock?) but that Goblin armor was sweet!  Besides being stylish though yours is the only entry so far that actively reminds us of why your choice is such a monster.  Very nice work.

@LeeThomasART: I'm sorry it offended you but I think you're blowing it a bit out of proportion.  I see no reason why we shouldn't draw parallels between fictional and real world characters when many of them where inspired by people and events in actual history.  In fact, considering Akira Toriyama's penchant for drawing inspiration from history and various legends from around the world I wouldn't be surprised at all if he genuinely intended Frieza as an allegory to Hitler.

I'm also a little confused by your decision to single out my comment when Red Skull has appeared in this thread twice... ^^'
#36 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: nice job, have I mentioned purple is my favorite color :)

@LeeThomasART said:

@M.S. Feather said:

Wow, that's offensive...I'm going to have to strongly disagree with comparing one of, if not the most evil person in history with a cartoon bad guy. Great entry though.

totally confused... people use Hitler on a daily basis as an evil inference or measurement for ALL sorts of characters. You don't seriously take any of that as offensive do you?

#37 Posted by LeeThomasART (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: @M.S. Feather:

It's just when it seems like people forget or don't fully appreciate the how atrocious it all really was and that it all really happened. Like Hitler - But worse, seems like it's making light of it to me. doesn't really matter, it's probably just a mind set that I'm in right now. Forget it. I don't see why you'd think i'd have a problem with someone using the red skull...It's a great choice because he is evil and a comic book character. That is the criteria.

#38 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

@sora_thekey: Thanks. Admittedly, some of Ramos' design choices on Spider-man made me cringe (Doc Ock?) but that Goblin armor was sweet! Besides being stylish though yours is the only entry so far that actively reminds us of why your choice is such a monster. Very nice work.

My favorite Green Goblin is still his which is the reason I based my drawing on his design. Thank you!

#39 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeThomasART: I wouldn't get too overly concerned with 'people' or their mentality of thinking, long as you know yours is solid, you're good to go ;)

Clearly we're talking about a descriptive measurement of evil using an example that people might relate to, and there's nothing in the intent to be offended about.

Would it be less offensive to say Satan instead of Hitler? Any character you use, your just trying to set a level of 'evil' that the reader can hopefully relate to.

#40 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio
Phoenix
#41 Posted by LeeThomasART (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: True, I see what you are saying to an extent, but Satan would be a much better example for me because that also lies in the realm of fiction. That is obviously an arguable point for a lot of people, but that's the whole difference: Hitler was a real person and did real things, in a time frame that we should still be able to relate to.

#42 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWholeDamnShow: That is amazing! Great job man!

#43 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey: Thanks bro!

#44 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWholeDamnShow: niiiiiiiiiiiicce! :)

#45 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (758 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Thanks bro!

#46 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to do Jack Noir,but I couldn't resist doing Zero Two due to just how messed up he is as a boss.

All of the universes hatred in one form, born to only destroy, Zero was slain, but hatred never dies and he was reincarnated and set to corrupt the entire universe once more, out of sheer jealous hate. This monster works on so many levels, his visual design is simple, but creepy, his theme is the best boss theme IMO, and he even opens up the fight by mimicking the game's hero, Kirby.

That's right this thing is from Kirby 64, so if you thought Gigas was bad, well at least Earthbound's world was kind of dark.

Zero Two creates a great contrast to the happy go lucky world of Kirby(he actually bleeds when you shoot him in the eye! (O.O) ) and is a great villain for it.

#47 Posted by hellogan (55 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Nice ink work Maxi... I'm not summitting a piece for this Show-Off so it's anyone's game;)

#48 Edited by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

Satan. Can you get more evil than it?

#49 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: hehe, yup, that's about as evil as it gets, nice job man :)

#50 Posted by MrDirector786 (43550 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, here's a drawing I did of Darkseid a while ago. As you can see, it's his New 52 appearance.