#1 Edited by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio

For this contest I'd like to see everyones rendition of my favorite "cape killer", MARSHAL LAW

"I'm a hero hunter, I hunt heroes, I haven't found any yet!" 

Deadline is February 26th.
#2 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I've never heard of this guy, should be an interesting contest.
#3 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was Marshall Law from Tekken.

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I'll see what I can do. 

#5 Posted by Icarusflies (12471 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my entry! 

#6 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: there used to be this tune way back when about Elmer Fudd done heavy metal style. Started with... 
'I'm a wabbit slayer, I'm a guitar player' 

This had the same zany intenseness :) 
Man, that DA app can pull off a lotta cool stuff, you did all of this with that?
#7 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies:

awww poo, I can't see what you did, just a red X, stupid craptop.
#8 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD said:
" @Icarusflies: awww poo, I can't see what you did, just a red X, stupid craptop. "
you see a red X? you know whatever is causing that seems to coincide with these images that are more than 600px wide. Which is kind of unusual but I've seen it 3 times this week. 
Normally any image you upload gets shrunk to that size, but Icarus said he dragged and dropped, I'm assuming from a local folder to a vine uploader. Whatever formatting going on there is likely to be the culprit. 

dun dun dun, some detective work to do :)
#9 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: Icarus is a girl. . . 
#10 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypingKira said:
" @tonis: Icarus is a girl. . .  "
oops, my bad
saw the wings and didn't think :)
#11 Posted by Silkcuts (5272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:
" Here's my entry! 
"
Love it.
It so gets my vote.  
#12 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
" @EGoD said:
" @Icarusflies: awww poo, I can't see what you did, just a red X, stupid craptop. "
you see a red X? you know whatever is causing that seems to coincide with these images that are more than 600px wide. Which is kind of unusual but I've seen it 3 times this week. Normally any image you upload gets shrunk to that size, but Icarus said he dragged and dropped, I'm assuming from a local folder to a vine uploader. Whatever formatting going on there is likely to be the culprit.  dun dun dun, some detective work to do :) "

I bet that 's it.  I was just in Icarusflies' blog page and some of them were red x's too, so I deduce that you are correct sir and it is probably the drag and drop method (or copy and paste) that is causing it, perhaps when I log in on my desktop I will see the image.  I know when I did the copy and paste method for the amalgam voting, Om1kron's image got stretched out of shape.  

dun dun dun! mystery solved!
#13 Posted by Icarusflies (12471 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: O_o 
That sounds awesome. I think Youtube will be searched later today. 
And yep! Completely DA Muro. I don't have any secret tools that I'm not telling anyone about. 

@EGoD:
  Here's a smaller version: 

@Silkcuts: Thank you kindly. ^_^
#14 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: very nice one, think it's one of my personal favs of yours in design. :)
Love the flag formation implementation, very creative approach to the background building.
#16 Posted by Icarusflies (12471 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: O_o 
Whoa. That is cool.
#17 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies:
@tonis: 

Thanks to you both.
#18 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: 
Yes I can see your work now, nice job :D 

@ payno:

Awesome work as usual, the background is very clever.
#19 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio
@EGoD: 

Thanks.
#20 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

That is frigging cool Payno. Extremely clever as well.

#21 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio
@Backflip: 

Thanks very much.
#22 Posted by IcePrince_X (4856 posts) - - Show Bio

Just pure pen and ink for this one... 

hope this works... 

#23 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X: man, you just keep finding ways to out-do yourself with each new piece. Holy crap Ice, are you taking drawing steroids or something over there. It's like you evolve 2 levels with each new work. 

This is the coolest things yet I've seen you do. I'd tattoo this on me it's THAT epic :)
#24 Posted by IcePrince_X (4856 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks tonis! I personally do not know the character and google isn't much help but his form and his background gave me enough freedom to play around the concept of my execution. This guy has so many good details from the barb wire, chains, the earings and nipple rings (?) that I couldn't even believe I survive the 3 1/2 hours I spent with him all night and early morning... based on your reaction, its all worth it!

#25 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work Ice, I especially like the little smiley face added on the gun, nice touch
#26 Posted by IcePrince_X (4856 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks EGoD... you have a good eye to spot that smile!

#27 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio