• 67 results
#1 Edited by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi all, and welcome to the eighty-second Comic Vine Amalgam Contest!

Alright, so this is my first contest thread you guys, and a big thanks to everyone who voted last time. Everyone's entries for the last one were great, really nice work all round, so I'm hoping we'll have some interesting entries for this one. I had a look through the previous contests and this doesn't seem to have been done before, so I hope you like! ^___^

The theme for this contest is an amalgam of The Crow, mixed with ANY OTHER CHARACTER. Literally anyone with a page on this site is allowed.

Deadline for this one is December 1st.

The Crow (Eric Draven)
The Crow (Iris Shaw)
#2 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6545 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, this could lead to some interesting entries. Good choice. :)

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Congrats on the win! Woot Woot!

Also, this is a WONDERFUL idea and am surprised no one chose this character for an Amalgam. So major props for the choice. Should be a blast!

#5 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o: Yay! Thanks, bud ^_^

Also, is it considered bad form to enter your own contests? Don't mind sitting this one out but, what's the consensus on that?

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: No, you can enter your the contest you have created! No rules against it. Why not enter?

#7 Edited by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I have an idea for an amalgamation between the Crow and Batman, but I don't know if I have the time to do it...

#8 Posted by cjhanz (171 posts) - - Show Bio

hey bro im keen to go in for this one! the crow is one of my favorite characters

#9 Posted by SC (13409 posts) - - Show Bio

I am really excited about this one, I want to try and enter! Good idea!

#10 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: Do it! Do it do it do it!! *does big puppy dog eyes*

@decept_o: Excellent! ^__^ *thunder and lightning go off behind me* Then I shall!!

@armiv2: I can make it three weeks if that would help? :)

#11 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Oh, you don't have to do that. I'll see if I can't come up with something in between bus rides.

#12 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: Well it's no bother, so if you change your mind, let me know and I'll add a little extra :) People have done it for me, it's only fair. Plus it would be AWESOME to see a Crow pic from you ^___^

#13 Posted by batkevin74 (11224 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by cbishop (7486 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Alas, I do not draw people as skillfully as the artists I have seen here. ;)

#15 Posted by Samimista (21062 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait to sees this! The Bumpster having her own contest. =O Brilliant. 0.0

#16 Edited by redscare (485 posts) - - Show Bio

Been waiting to enter a contest for a little while and this one sounds great.

#17 Edited by cjhanz (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine Rick Grimes comes back from the dead not as a zombie but as the crow!

Here is my entry

#18 Edited by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

Whether he had made a mistake that night or if the Joker just got lucky isn't known for certain, but what was known at the time was that Batman had fallen and Gotham was now subject to the Joker's grand scheme. But for one such as Batman, the battle for justice isn't lost so easily. Resurrected as The Crow, Batman now has the chance to stop the Joker once and for all. But can he bring himself to deliver such severe justice, or is Gotham forfeit?

Colored version

#19 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: The black and white version is great but with the added color and blank white eyes, it really jumps out. Nice.

@cjhanz: Sweet concept, great art. Nicely done. Very different style from your Public Domain Re-Design entry.

#20 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o: Thank you. It has been too long since I've colored anything for the sheer want of it.

#21 Edited by frangipan (113 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I might enter this one for a laugh:)

Daredevil/The Crow! I gave him a daredevil costume but in black (for the crow) and then crows face, lol hope you like it!!! (My apoligies for lack of scanner)

#22 Posted by cjhanz (171 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the entries we have so far for this, nice job, peeps! :)

@armiv2: SO glad you found the time to do this mate. Brilliant stuff :)

@cjhanz: Oooh, did not see that one coming, very nice mix!

#24 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@frangipan: For a laugh is the best reason to enter, these contest are all about having fun with ideas. I like your picture, very cool combo :)

#25 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Thanks, I'm super glad I could too. The multiply option in Photoshop really helped me out a ton with that.

#26 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: Yeah it definitely pays off, I love the colours you've used in it :) Really enhances the piece.

#27 Edited by cjhanz (171 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo hahah thanks yeah i went through a whole list of characters that might look good being crossed with the crow but the two main characters i was interested in drawing was Rick grimes and Rorschach from the watchmen.

#28 Posted by Samimista (21062 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: I was looking for your entry! =O Do love it. Especially the colored version! 0.0

#29 Edited by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: I was looking for your entry! =O Do love it. Especially the colored version! 0.0

Thank you and thank you!

#30 Posted by batkevin74 (11224 posts) - - Show Bio

Yo @cbishop get load of this! :)

@armiv2 said:

Whether he had made a mistake that night or if the Joker just got lucky isn't known for certain, but what was known at the time was that Batman had fallen and Gotham was now subject to the Joker's grand scheme. But for one such as Batman, the battle for justice isn't lost so easily. Resurrected as The Crow, Batman now has the chance to stop the Joker once and for all. But can he bring himself to deliver such severe justice, or is Gotham forfeit?

Colored version

#31 Posted by cbishop (7486 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

When the villains of Gotham had grown tired of his madness they betrayed him and left his bullet riddled body for dead in the street. Brought back from the grave, the power of the Crow has been warped by madness, corrupted into something much, much more terrible than death. The task of the Crow is to make wrong things right, but what if the soul chooses to make those who are wrong, much worse... The Joker is reborn as the Crow and he's back to prove that it can rain all the time....

(Whatever you do though, don't call him The Crowker... he hates that ;P)

#33 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger: Woah!! So glad to see you in this one, bud. Really didn't expect it at all, what a nice surprise. This is brilliant! The idea of a Joker/Crow amalgam is both wonderful and terrifying.

Favourite. Shameless favourite right there ^^^^^^

:):):)

#34 Posted by Samimista (21062 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger: Dark Bunny! =D So great to see you on again! Great entry! ^___^ That smile is hypnotizing. =O

@armiv2 said:
@samimista said:

Thank you and thank you!

Your welcome mate! =D

#35 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

Full colored entry here.

This thing wanted to crash my computer so bad, I swear...

#36 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: WOAH!!!! O_________________O

Man, I was really into your entry the way it was but this is just EPIC!

#37 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@armiv2: WOAH!!!! O_________________O

Man, I was really into your entry the way it was but this is just EPIC!

Heh-heh, man, I am so glad you like it. This thing kept freezing up on me, so I thought I was just throwing too much into it.

#38 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: I love it,the background just brings the whole thing together so nicely :) Honestly, this is brilliant mate .

#39 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@armiv2: I love it,the background just brings the whole thing together so nicely :) Honestly, this is brilliant mate .

D'aaaaawwww, shucks,

#40 Posted by Samimista (21062 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: Woah! 0.0 Love, love, love the lighting! =D Seriously awesome my friend!

#41 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: Woah! 0.0 Love, love, love the lighting! =D Seriously awesome my friend!

I am so glad you like it because I was really unsure about it.

#42 Posted by Samimista (21062 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 said:

@samimista said:

I am so glad you like it because I was really unsure about it.

Ah it's beautiful! Really adds more to it as well. ^__^ Love it mate! =D

#43 Edited by wildcats25 (221 posts) - - Show Bio

this is what happens when you have a day off from work.

Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz...searching for the Wizard or the Witch?

#44 Edited by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildcats25: That is such an awesome idea, and very nicely executed too. Would never have thought to cross those two hehe, love it! ^__^

#45 Posted by ARMIV2 (8856 posts) - - Show Bio

this is what happens when you have a day off from work.

Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz...searching for the Wizard or the Witch?

Woah! Dude, that's so crazy!

#46 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

Illyana Rasputin aka Magik and The Crow.

I may try another version but here is my entry for now.

#47 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o: I had my eye out for your entry! :) This is a very interesting mix, I really love your use of red, has a definite blood mist feel to it. Excellent stuff mate! ^__^

#48 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Thank you for being so kind to comment on my art. Seems like I get a bunch of crickets chirping whenever I post anything these days.

Glad you like my take. Although I MAY try a different version, but glad you like this one.

#49 Posted by BumpyBoo (10744 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o: Funny enough, someone else in this thread was saying the same thing to me this morning :/ Guess that is how I ended up with so many posts on this forum, really irks me to see someone put work into a piece and get no reaction. Seems mean.

I do like this one, a lot ^___^

#50 Edited by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Oh i am just griping. Can't expect everyone to like my art. Thanks though.