#1 Edited by redscare (440 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I know there's a million options to choose from but this idea came to mind and think it has more possibilities then a standard 'this guy & this guy' topic.

The topic of Amalgam Contest# 80: ARCH NEMESIS MASH-UP

So here's the deal...The participating artists can combine any 2 characters they want, so long as the characters are each other's arch nemesis. An example? Superman and Lex Luthor. Not Toy Man, not Parasite. You pick a hero and then the one enemy that completes them. And sure, some characters have more then one prominent bad guy that could fit that bill (I'm lookin' at you Spider-Man).

The Deadline... October 13th @ midnight (Eastern)

As always, multiple entries are encouraged but the vote still comes down to the single entry with the most votes.

@shatterstar - can you please pin this?

#2 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio

dangit. another i feel compelled to enter

#3 Posted by FrischDVH (603 posts) - - Show Bio

How does one draw an Amalgam of Rob Liefield and the comics industry?

#4 Posted by redscare (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@frischdvh: That's hysterical! I'm gonna take a swing at that one (not as an entry but still...)

#5 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4229 posts) - - Show Bio

I decided to try my unsteady hand at a Doctor Fate / Wotan.

Dr. Wotan

#6 Edited by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

Who defines Spider-Man? Green Goblin? Doctor Octopus? Which one would be considered his arch-nemesis?

#7 Posted by redscare (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o: Best to instead think of who doesn't in that case.

(but for my money, Green Goblin)

#8 Edited by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: That's why I ask. Kind of a hard one with him. I was leaning towards Gobby as well.

#9 Posted by FrischDVH (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Or Venom for some fans...

But what about heroes like the Flash who have an amazing Rogue's gallery but not a single definer....unless you count Zoom, but that would be an orange Flash....

@redscare: Does this apply to teams as well or do you want individual heroes only?

#10 Posted by redscare (440 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4229 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o said:

Who defines Spider-Man? Green Goblin? Doctor Octopus? Which one would be considered his arch-nemesis?

I think it really depends on what your familiar with of Spider-Man. If familiar with the complete history I would guess Green Goblin, the 90's I would say Venom, the animated show I would say Kingpin.

#14 Edited by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@doomdoomdoom: Exactly. That is why I ask. If someone chooses a villain will it not get approved? Not being a hard ass it just gets a bit muddled with the rules for this contest because some may have different opinions who the "arch-nemesis" may be for some characters.

Still a good idea for the contest, don't get me wrong.

#16 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4229 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by redscare (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o said:

@doomdoomdoom: Exactly. That is why I ask. If someone chooses a villain will it not get approved? Not being a hard ass it just gets a bit muddled with the rules for this contest because some may have different opinions who the "arch-nemesis" may be for some characters.

Still a good idea for the contest, don't get me wrong.

I wouldn't think about it too much honestly. This is a 'use your best judgement' scenario. If someone crosses Spidey with Venom, Goblin, or Kingpin that's all relative and understandable. Someone mixes Spidey and Puma, well... I think that's different. And I probably wouldn't even turn that down per se but I'd probably ask why someone (in that instance) would deem Puma Spidey's arch nemesis (I'd probably recommend a long list of suggested reads).

#19 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: OK, cool. Just wanting to follow what you have in mind. Enough of me rambling, hope to try this one if I can get time. Looking forward to what may show up for this one.

#20 Posted by bennyq (407 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Edited by bennyq (407 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Flash and Gorilla Grodd by the way. Gorilla Flash! Which sounds inappropriate and unpleasant.

#22 Edited by MarvinTheMartian (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman + Joker = ???

#23 Posted by redscare (440 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by 4donkeyjohnson (1649 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman + Joker = ???

"I am the night, I am vengance...nope, couldn't keep a straight face!" Nice! :)

#26 Posted by KEROGA (984 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine and sabertooth...in savageland......definitely a tough one.

#27 Posted by bennyq (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@keroga: I love this so much. Your panel composition is really good too. Brilliant!

#28 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4229 posts) - - Show Bio

@bennyq said:

That's Flash and Gorilla Grodd by the way. Gorilla Flash! Which sounds inappropriate and unpleasant.

Lol, pretty awesome amalgam.

#29 Posted by batkevin74 (10586 posts) - - Show Bio

@keroga said:

Nice mash up!

#30 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I was going to run out of time, so I am punting on this one and submitting a unfinished piece

DAREDEVIL/BULLSEYE

#31 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

@keroga said:

cool,awesome fu...sion!

#32 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

batman + joker...couldn't think of something better

#33 Posted by bennyq (407 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Sabretooth pretty much is the amalgram of the two.

#35 Posted by FrischDVH (603 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by bennyq (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: I really like your colouring. You have a real skill with lighting and blending tones.

#37 Posted by MarvinTheMartian (27 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by russellmania77 (14858 posts) - - Show Bio

thorki

#39 Edited by Mrnoitaull (30 posts) - - Show Bio

"Evillion" . . I hope you all get the combination.

#40 Posted by FrischDVH (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Well crud. I thought these were due the 19th. Oh well. Here anywho, hope you like my amalgamation of The Xmen and The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants aka:
THE BROTHERHOOD OF X

Gaia = Storm + Avalanche
Powers: Gaia has the ability to manipulate the four fundemental elements: Fire Earth Air and Water are hers to command

Shadowmasque = Shadowcat + Mystique
Powers: The ultimate saboteur, Shadowmasque can assume the physical appearance of anyone she has seen (humans...humanoid only). She also possesses the ability of intangibility, limited levitation, and invisibility.

Titan = Colossus + Blob
Powers: Titan has a personal gravometric field that he subconciously activates. This field allows him to be unmovable. It also causes increased strength and stamina due to the gravity causing the muscle to become more dense. Peter possesses Superhuman Strength with the ability to lift/press about 80 tons.

Maverick = Wolverine + Rogue (used as a member of the BOEM)
Powers: A former agent of Canada's version of SHIELD (S.P.E.A.R. Super Powered Enforcement Active Response), Logan is a trained hand to hand combatant with knowledge of various forms of armed and unarmed fighting techniques. Logan's mutant ability allows him to (with skin to skin contact) absorb part of his target's lifeforce. That energy is metabolized and used to heal Logan's energy (essentially, a bio-vampire). A side effect of the ability is that if the target has powers that are part of their genetic make-up (mutant or Spiderman-like altered human)Logan will gain those until the energy he has consumed is fully metabolized.

Flashback = Cyclops + Destiny
Powers: Psychometric Vision. Flashback can emit a beam from his eyes at a target and can see the history of that object. If the object is a person, he can manipulate emotions connected with that history such as seeing the time you were most afraid and making you constantly relive that moment over and over again.

Brimstone = Nightcrawler + Pyro
Powers: Brimstone is the son of an earthly druid and a demon. He has the ability to teleport and manipulate flame on the earthly plane. When he teleports, he is, in fact, ripping a door open to Hell and back, such is the reason for the expulsion of sulfur, brimstone, and flame.

#41 Edited by redscare (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Well snap... sucks you missed the deadline. These really are awesome!