#1 Edited by EGoD (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, time to edit this thing, Spiderman and Black Cat for this amalgam, have fun and try and keep it clean (especially you Sora lol). Contest ends Jan 21

#2 Posted by KEROGA (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

what two characters? black cat & spiderman??

#3 Posted by EGoD (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, this stupid thing deleted what I wrote when I fought with the image upload system. They really need to fix the bug in that thing. Yeah, Amalgam is Spiderman and Black Cat, I'll see if I can edit my original post when I get home and put the information back in.

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: This is a unique idea, great. Awesome job on that Spawn/Angel Amalgam again, I really mean it is beautiful.

Are you using IE or Google Chrome? I get glitches only once in awhile now that I use Google Chrome but that isn't any guarantee. Just wondering. I don't know anything about computers and the like but just trying to help out if possible. I shouldn't try to help out due to my lack of knowledge but you always seem to be having some type of problem with the site, unfortunately and hate to see that happen.

#5 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

-_- Trying so hard to come up with something in my head... Yet, all I picture is this:

Black Cat J Scott Campbell
#6 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey said:

-_- Trying so hard to come up with something in my head... Yet, all I picture is this:

And thanks to you, that's all I will be thinking about for the rest of the week :)

Interesting choice here EGoD, I will come up with something.

#7 Edited by EGoD (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: I have the latest updates for IE, don't really use anything else. My work computer still uses XP so you can't update IE which makes this site completely useless. Oh and thanks, as I drew it I just kept coming up with ideas for it.

@sora_thekey: You found me a new wallpaper for my computer :D thanks!

#8 Edited by LeeThomasART (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Uninspired and half assed, but I felt compelled to do something anyways.

Codename: Black Widow

Powers: Those of Spider-man from 'The Other'/Black cat's probability manipulation

Assassin for hire.

Tagline: "With great power comes great profit"

#9 Edited by DomDom (998 posts) - - Show Bio

The Black Spider
#10 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

I dig the tagline!

Nice style on her boots!

#11 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

@DomDom: Heck, yeah, DomDom, I am digging it. A LOT! Nice work.

#12 Posted by DomDom (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O
Thanks -O! =D  

@spawndon: Glad you like 'em! =)
#13 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: lol, another offer one can't refuse, you guys are sneaky :D

ok I'l TRY not to be dirty but you know how them kitties are when they play with spiders ;)

#14 Posted by EGoD (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

@DomDom: @LeeThomasART: wow nicely done you two!

@tonis: I just knew I could count on you lol

#15 Posted by DomDom (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@LeeThomasART
That is pretty cool! Somehow i forgot to comment on it.  Love the tagline! hehe...=) 

@EGoD: 
Thanks! =) 
#16 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeThomasART: wicked action shot man :)

@DomDom: and as always you got the coolest poses in the arsenal, killer job Speedy :)

#17 Posted by DomDom (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis
Thanks tonis! =D
#18 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my design. It's an speed sketch but it's my entry for the moment. I don't know if I will have time to do a clear version.

#19 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Pretty good Maxicere.

#20 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

...aaaaand I still can't come up with anything! @EGoD: You made this hard for me man!

#21 Posted by KEROGA (1066 posts) - - Show Bio
i hate coloring,lol
#22 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: yea coloring can be a pain but I like the color scheme that your doing :)

#23 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

Always love working with Felicia, she's easy on the eyes :)

might try a B&W version of this as well but here's what I got so far... The Black Spider

Black Spider
#24 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:  

Very pretty! Great lighting.
#25 Posted by KEROGA (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: awesome entry and costume and pose!

#26 Posted by redscare (480 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a damn fine piece. Excellent design and execution.

#27 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: thank you, very kind of you to say. I struggled a little bit with different poses and costume designs but was generally happy with this one :)

#28 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA:

Keroga, I can tell you like chests but is that hips you are rounding out on your female figures? You are getting the hang of the female body, good going!

@tonis:

Love the pose! Great execution all around!

#29 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Really loving this one. I like the colors as well as the details of the webs on the costume. Nice job.

#30 Posted by KEROGA (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: thx man ,means alot yea i really enjoy all this practice...(lmao,yea am kinda of a breast man but am 16 sooo that explains that)

#31 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: The female figure can be difficult because it's tricky to get the subtle curves just right, if not you end up with a manly figure. You are off and running and continue to explore your abilities as an artist! I am always here if you need any help. Proud of you for working hard!

#32 Posted by redscare (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: I like the design a lot. Its simple but detailed in the right balance that doesn't have the viewer focusing on seams and rivets and pouches. Keep up the good work!

#33 Posted by batkevin74 (11209 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Nicely done

#34 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay! Somebody explain to me why everyone is coming up with really awesome entries for this and I can't think of a single design?!?

@KEROGA: @tonis: Really awesome btw!

#35 Posted by payno (993 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: wicked sweet design man :)

#37 Posted by payno (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Thanks. Loving your costume design too.

#38 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: That's amazing... That's it! I'm going to try and come up with something right now!

#39 Edited by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

Took a bit of a different approach. The paper I am using doesn't hold color well but is good for regular ink. Need to darken it a bit but here is my entry for the moment.

#40 Posted by DomDom (998 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis
That is just utterly amazing tonis! love it! 

Great jobs guys! really cool and creative takes on the spidercat...kittybug! =)
#41 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@DomDom: Thanks Speedy and lol @ kittybug, that'd be a perfect name for her :)

@Decept-O: another nice design, this challenge is really coming up with some interesting concepts. Love the chest emblem :)

#42 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Thank You for taking time out to check it out and to comment, I appreciate it.

#43 Posted by EGoD (1522 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff so far from everyone, though I see @sora_thekey: still hasn't done anything, you'd think with all this inspiration you'd have it done by now! (yes I'm putting pressure on you but that's only cause I can lol)

#44 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: Fine... I'll come up with something before the deadline. I promise!

#45 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD said:

Alright, time to edit this thing, Spiderman and Black Cat for this amalgam, have fun and try and keep it clean (especially you Sora lol). Contest ends Jan 21

Totally missed this 'till now!

Anyway.. Spent 5 hours trying to come up with an entry (Didn't sleep 'till 3am last night/this morning) and I have finally finished it!

I'm not too happy with what I came up with. When drawing it I tried to incorporate equal amounts of Spider-Man but I think I ended up with more Black Cat in this amalgam. The spider on Felicia Parker/Spider-Cat's chest (Yeah, that's her name) is supposed to be red. Same as the diamond on her back. (She has a diamond shape on her back because that's what she steals). Everything else is black except for the "fur". Of course, since she is half-Peter Parker she needed to have a utility belt for her Spider-Tracers and other gadgets. Instead of around her waist I put that on her thighs. I even used the design that Humberto Ramos used for Black Cat's belt in recent Dan Slott's ASM issues.

Oh well... Tell me what you think

#46 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@sora_thekey: very cool idea going with the thigh belt. Really dig the mask design too :)

#47 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Thank you tonis! You always have something nice to say! n_n Much appreciated!

#48 Posted by EGoD (1522 posts) - - Show Bio