#1 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok. For this contest I thought it might be interesting to mix Heaven and Hell. So, the characters that are to be amalgamated are: SPAWN and ANGEL (or ARCHANGEL)

Deadline is December 29th

#2 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

Wind of Redemption Spawn?

#3 Posted by Shatterstar (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice picks, looking forward to this one.

Moderator Online
#4 Posted by ARMIV2 (7653 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn and Archangel?

...Hmmm...

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Wow, what a great amalgam choice!

#6 Posted by payno (949 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: I'm glad you approve!

#7 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: this one, you did? it looks amazing!

#8 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice choice, this should be a fun one to draw. I can't quote on this computer since CV's site doesn't seem compatible with lower versions of IE, but @spawndon that is actually a toy of Spawn that was released.

#9 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@spawndon: No man, I didn't make this, it's just a pick who I'd post. By the way, looks great this toy

#10 Posted by KEROGA (934 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
ArchSpawn
#12 Edited by Mad_Wolverine (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one having issues uploading my image? It gets to %100 then just does absolutely nothing :(

#13 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad_Wolverine: I've had that problem too on occasions, usually switching to a different browser works. They've made some changes to the uploader several times over the past few months and how it plays with IE/Chrome/Firefox is very sporadic whenever it's updated.

#14 Edited by Mad_Wolverine (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis said:

@Mad_Wolverine: I've had that problem too on occasions, usually switching to a different browser works. They've made some changes to the uploader several times over the past few months and how it plays with IE/Chrome/Firefox is very sporadic whenever it's updated.

Cheers thanks, I think maybe the size of the file was pretty huge, 3MB in fact. Maybe that could affect proceedings

I'll try it on IE instead of Chrome now, see if that works.

EDIT- Same issue, I'll try again later today, or if that fails, tomorrow.

EDIT- Finally it worked!

He is known as Deathspawn, he swoops from above to deliver swift and painful punishment to those that wish to bestow pain and suffering upon others.

I would have emphasized the wings a little more, but alas, there was not enough room on the paper, lol :)

#15 Posted by feebadger (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of Spawn (or Angel for that matter) but couldn't resist this one;

Would love to polish it up a bit but, no time unfortunately.

#16 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger: it want's to shake hands, call Doink the clown

#17 Posted by Godabed (353 posts) - - Show Bio

that's a mean looking cast  on spawns foot, but it looks amazing.

#18 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my entry

#19 Posted by KEROGA (934 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: kick-ass!...is that an apocalypse belt buckle? awesome!

#20 Posted by The_razors_edge (55 posts) - - Show Bio

This is AngelSpawn. He was the only child of a wealthy man who lusted after power. His father traded the Devil the soul of his son for fame and power and riches. But the Holy See had other plans for young Al Warren and dispatched their warror classs ArchAngels To fight off the deamons who held the young soul on it's path to hell. The Angels and Deamons fought for days. Then as it seemed to all that the fight would last eons the youngsters soul lit up the sky and the Deamons burned out and the Angels fell. The Soul took on traits of both the deamons And Angels and now fights both in his war to end all life in all the worlds above as well as below.

#21 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: That's incredible work. In fact I think it is even beautiful. Outstanding. Love it!@The_razors_edge: Just a bit hard to see but it does look good, love the look on his face, nice action pose.

#22 Posted by The_razors_edge (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah it's dark I'm down a scanner so it's a photo and the cam did not do it justice. But thx.

#23 Edited by feebadger (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: Love how you incorporated the spawn cape into the angel wings. Brilliant EGod.

@The_razors_edge: I kind of like the dark photographed look on it razors edge. Gives it a creepy, ethereal feeling which suits the subject matter. Great work.

#24 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD

Now I'm pretty sure that I have no chance of winning this comp lol

Nice jobs to all others which entered!

#25 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: Beautifull work!! Unique amalgan!! Congrats!

#26 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my work in progress thus far. Hope to add more color soon.

#27 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

Here's my work in progress thus far. Hope to add more color soon.

Awesome work! I bet the addition of more colour will increases the levels of awesomeness even further, ;)

#28 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad_Wolverine: Thanks for that, you are too kind. I am working on it still but hope to have the finished rendition tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again.

#29 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally finished the coloring on my rendition of Spawn/Angel.

#30 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

Finally finished the coloring on my rendition of Spawn/Angel.

Damn, that's cool.

#31 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Thank You very much.

#32 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

@Gambit1024: Thank You very much.

It is awesome. It looks like a completely new character, yet is still at the same time a clear combination of Spawn and Angel. It works very very well.

#33 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad_Wolverine: Wow, thanks man. I am glad you think so. That is exactly what I was aiming for! Thank you very much.

#34 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: thanks and yes it is apocalypse

@maxicere:thanks :)

@Decept-O: lol I think that's the first time anyone's called Spawn beautiful, thanks :) You put a really unique take on the amalgam, nice job!

@feebadger: thanks, I was originally going to do feather wings, then I thought, hey what about that kick ass cape!

@Mad_Wolverine: lol thanks

#35 Posted by TypH (374 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I would have came back here sooner, I would have loved to do something up for this one, I love spawn and Angel is pretty cool too so!

#36 Posted by puinno (56 posts) - - Show Bio

very cool image EGoD! I like how the wings still look like a cape

#37 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

@puinno: thanks, that's what I was aiming for too