#1 Posted by payno (993 posts) - - Show Bio

For this contest I'd like everyone to combine two iconic characters, CAPTAIN AMERICA and CAPTAIN MARVEL

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. 

Deadline is September 26th. 

#2 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: SHAZAM! good one man :)

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Fan-frikkin'-tastic idea!

#4 Posted by Raven0207 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

Of course you love this one ! I mean Mr. Marvel is your hero !
#5 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@payno: SHAZAMERICA! good one man :)

Fixed! :D
#6 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raven0207 said:

@tonis said:

Of course you love this one ! I mean Mr. Marvel is your hero !

hehe, yea without a doubt the big red cheese gets a special place in my comic boxes, and the Ross version payno chose for an example is my favorite rendition. To say I'm stoked to do this one is an understatement :)

#7 Edited by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Proof that I lack the creative juice: Every idea I think of about an amalgam of these two results in Flash... Nyehehe!

#8 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice challenge!!

#9 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

Proof that I lack the creative juice: Every idea I think of about an amalgam of these two results in Flash... Nyehehe!

I don't know dude, Shazamerica was pretty freakin genius :)

hahaha, yea, if these two had a baby it'd look like the Flash most likely :D

#10 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

this'll be fun :P

#11 Posted by Arkiteck (2 posts) - - Show Bio

woooo hooo!! First entry. Ok, so it was kinda rushed because i wanted to get back to my other projects but i present to you...........er.........uh................um.............captain.........uh................ugh.........er..........Shazam? Yea, that's it Captain Shazam!!

#12 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

@Arkiteck: we have another who exhibits the super speed, very cool, and nice rendition & design. It's a balanced realistic blend of the two. :)

#13 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome contest idea. I just spent a little bit working this up and was so excited I had to go ahead and post it. I got a tablet today so I'm trying breaking it in and getting use to it. I might come back to this drawing later. I'm Interested in seeing what everyone comes up with.

The American Marvel

@ssejllenrad: lol mine looks like flash.

#14 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@DoomDoomDoom: dammit you used the name before i did :P

Is it cool if i use "American Marvel"

#15 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: lol my bad, have at it.

#16 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio
"AMERICAN MARVEL"
#17 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: NICE! I really dig the shield. Even the bolts or what not down the shields edge harken to Marvel's button down shirt. Integrating the star and the lightning bolt is pretty cool too.

#18 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101:LOVE IT. LOVE THE FREAKIN' SHIELD. Ooops, caps. On second though, I'll leave the freakin' caps for extra measure. Its really cool

I was gonna say that I'd rather watch a Captain Marvel/ Captain Marvel thread, but I really dug that one, so I take that thought back. The others are pretty good too, but that one is just so well thought out.

#19 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Nice design!! Very original!!

#20 Posted by cosmo111687 (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America + Captain Marvel = The Flash

#21 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

thanks for the great comment, i spent my free time in school trying to come up with the design. A lot of planning was involved, but im really happy with the finale :P

@maxicere:

#22 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm calling him American Thunder for right now

#23 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

Some really nice designs!

#24 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Truly that is awesome, I love it very much. Great work!

#25 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Really? Thanks :D

#26 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Amazing work!! Looks like a Golden Age Hero. I love it !!

#27 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Thanks :D

#28 Edited by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a preview, W.I.P. The Capy shield will be included, but an energy shield this time.

#29 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Looking great so far. I like how you incorporated the lightning bolts into the costume. Great work!

#30 Posted by payno (993 posts) - - Show Bio
THE AMERICAN MARVEL
#31 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

Here my entry. Final.

#32 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Thanks my friend!!

@payno: Nice design!! I really like!

#33 Posted by Blizaga101 (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: god that epic, makes me wanna cry ina corner, lol not really.

But aye impressive, i like how you kind of gone with captain americas costume but made the designs jagged like lightning, at least thats my interpretation :D

#34 Posted by Decept-O (7294 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Shazam! Awesome job, man, awesome design. Great work. @maxicere: Nice final rendition, fantastic job. This is a great Amalgam contest, so much awesome on display.

#35 Posted by maxicere (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Thanks!! I wanted to give an electrical shock to the suit.

@Decept-O: Thanks my friend!

#36 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: Nice and clean I like it. I love how The American Marvel's helmet is kinda militaristic looking and has the bolts on the side.

@maxicere: Beautiful piece I like the idea of the lightning shield and how it ties into the background.

#37 Posted by KEROGA (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere: Love it. The wingtips on the boots are an epic touch

#39 Posted by tonis (6183 posts) - - Show Bio

wow, the designs and renditions for this one are just incredible. Great job coming from everyone. :)

I was having a tough time coming up with something I like for this one. I wanted to capture the iconic manliness of Captain America and at the same time represent the boyish characteristics of Billy.

Meet Steve Batson, a kid who loved his country almost as much as he did comics. During the early days of WW2 his Uncle Sam gave him a very special issue from his collection and told him to guard it for him as he went off to fight the war. A few weeks later Steve received the news his uncle had died in the line of duty. In tears he pulled out the book his uncle had given him to hold and as he began to read it glowed brighter and brighter with each passing page until he reached the end where he felt a clap of thunder and then a bolt of lightning transformed him into the most super soldier of all time... AmeriKID.

AmeriKID
#40 Posted by EGoD (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

Really good entries for this so far, @payno: lol yours seems extra patriotic

#41 Posted by DomDom (998 posts) - - Show Bio

wow...just WOW! 

All so amazing =)
#42 Edited by cosmo111687 (1463 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Republic!

Young Bucky Baker's fondest wish was to serve his country and fight along-side his dad, but he was far too young to join his service until he ran into Uncle Shazam! who granted him his powers and turned him into Captain Republic!

#43 Edited by payno (993 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmo111687: Awesome job, you did really well with the pose.

#45 Posted by FrischDVH (623 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap. Missed the deadline....oh well.... 

The American Marvel

In 1941, 15 year old Billy Rogers lied on his application to enlist into the army. Upon being found out he was given a choice, join the Super Soldier program until he was 18 or Juvenile Hall. Billy went into the super soldier program headed by Dr. Arnim Sivanna and Dr C.C. Erskine. Unbeknownst to all involved, Sivanna was a Nazi sympathizer.

The day for the final experiment had come. Billy was placed in the vita-ray machine and given the Marvel formula. He was also placed in a stasis coma for his own protection. Nearing the end, Sivanna and two Nazi spies attempted to steal Erskine’s notes and leave back to the fatherland. An explosion resulted killing Erskine and seemingly, Sivanna. Since Erskine had died and the lab destroyed, the US government was unsure how to bring Billy Rogers around, so his project was placed on watch.

In his own recount, Billy remembers entering a deep sleep and the image of Uncle Sam coming to him. Sam explained that his time was not now, but when tyranny rose it’s evil head, that Billy would be called on to be a shining light amidst the dark cloud of evil. Uncle Sam then departed to Billy the seven virtues of America:

Wisdom of our      Forefathers

Spirit of the           Revolutionaries

Strength of the     Everyman

Stamina of the      Enduring Soul

Courage of             Divine Providence

Power of the         Oath of Allegiance

Speed of                Manifest Destiny

In his time of need, Billy would need to cry “FREEDOM”! and the power of the USA would imbue him.

Scientists are able to revive Billy in 1997, Unfortunately the process was deemed a failure because Billy exhibited no signs of any enhanced physical prowess. The only effect of the procedure it seemed, was that Billy came out a perfectly preserved 15 year old.

It is   the year 1999. A cybernetic terrorist is threatening the world with global shutdown at the dawn of the new millennium.   He claims to be Dr. Arnim Sivanna resurrected in perfected form. With him is two of his grotesque inventions. His own version of the American super soldier, an ex KGB East German named Adam Tvarskitch aka Red Adam. Also was the sentient alien larvae encapsulated in battle armor Mr. MODOK.

Seeing the trio of terror on TV. Billy went to the balcony of his quarters and with a wistful gleam in his eye, he cried “FREEDOM!” Bolts of lightning, red white and blue struck him and he became…..THE AMERICAN MARVEL!