Amalgam Contest # 44 - Cyclops and Wolverine

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

I really couldn't decide who to pick for this, then I thought why not 2 guys who can't seem to ever get along for an extended period of time.  Doesn't matter which era you pick from, can be 616 or AOE or any alternate.  Alright, I'm gonna try this a third time, it doesn't seem to show my edit, if it doesn't I'll just post it separate, DEADLINE date will be May 9, that should still give anyone else who was thinking of entering something plenty of time.

DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By DomDom

Ta Da! =)

Well, there's my try. Hope ya all like!

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

Awesome DomDom, it looks like you're adding a bit of optic power to those claws too.  Man I wish I had your dedication to pushing out work, I've been so lazy lately and addicted to a certain mmo....
DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DomDom

@EGoD:
Thanks E! =)

Yup, them claws burrrn. I'm glad you like.

And dang, if you aint dedicated when you make your work, i can't even imagine what it'd look like if.

Your art always blows me away. =D

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tonis
@DomDom: not only can you whip em out like the flash but you do it creatively every time. Another great design. I really like the idea you have with the offsided lines, makes for a very unique costume.

@EGoD said:
" Awesome DomDom, it looks like you're adding a bit of optic power to those claws too.  Man I wish I had your dedication to pushing out work, I've been so lazy lately and addicted to a certain mmo.... "
Them MMO's will rot your brain over time, but I do know how they can appeal like candy to the gamer :)
I agree with Dom, there's definitely a dedication that shows in your work that caught my eye from the moment I first saw it way back when in that Aquaman costume contest.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6  Edited By Decept-O
@DomDom:  KaPow!  Love your bold style, as always!  Nice work.
@EGoD:
Great choice.
DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DomDom

@Decept-O:
Thank ya -O! =)

@tonis: 

Thanks tonis! =)

Can't wait to see some other entries!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonis
@DomDom said:
"

@Decept-O:
Thank ya -O! =)

@tonis: 

Thanks tonis! =)

Can't wait to see some other entries!

"
hehe, that's the problem with having super speed, you still gotta wait for us slow pokes to catch up.
Soon as I can find the right pair of Nikes I'm gonna start exercising till I can at least pull off something close to you jogging. :)
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@Decept-O:  Thanks, it gets difficult sometimes to come up with selections.

@DomDom: Heh heh, thanks.

@tonis: dude, if you're gonna get nikes don't forget your spanxs too ha ha

UdontKnowMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By UdontKnowMe

Hello All! I have been literally plagued with illness for awhile now and this will be my first entry to a contest in a very long while ... be gentle. That said, here goes:

No Caption Provided

My idea was to really try and blend the two characters. I focused a few little details that were part of a bigger idea. Such as, since the Cyclops power is now in the arms and claws, i felt the eye beams would be a bit too much. Here the visor more of a protective guard than anything else. So this character's eyes are non-functional (the scaring hints at the possibility of an accident). Since the character is blind he relies on his other heightened senses to fight. The scaring and touch of grey points to a slightly more limited healing factor compared to the damage we've seen Wolverine come back from before. I did that as a sort of fair trade for energy based attacks.

Lemme know what you think :)
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tonis
@UdontKnowMe: here's to recoveries, X-cellent work. A balanced mix of each throughout. :)
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By ReVamp
@UdontKnowMe:
I usually don't wander the Art threads, but that's freakin' awesome. Gj
DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DomDom

@UdontKnowMe:
Very coooool!  I'm lovin the glowin. =)

@tonis:
LoL! You're already about the swiftest person to comment on about everything.

the speed-force is with you. ;)  ("speed-force"? that's what the Flash's call it right?)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Gambit1024

That's freaking awesome

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

Cool pic DomDom

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By payno

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tonis
@payno: your getting a lotta practice with the glowing claws this month eh :)
Great design, it's literally like the two were split in half and then reassembled with a side from each.
DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DomDom

@payno:
Nice!  I can really see the two equally in him...them...  him? =)

Great job!

@TDK_1997:
Thank you! =)

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gambit1024

Not nearly as cool as the ones already posted, but I hope the story and different approach to the costume make up for it:

No Caption Provided
Logan Scott was born in 1899 in the Alaskan wilderness. His first love was Madelene Rose; she was a beautiful, irish redhead. They were married for many years, but she was murdered at the hand of Vulcan Creed, who was always jealous of Logan because his life was just "too perfect". They had a savage fight, but Logan was hit so hard, that his mutation of "optic beams" was surpassed entirely. If it weren't for his strong healing factor, he would have surely been killed.  Alone, he traveled the world to try and find peace with himself. In 1967 on his way back from Japan, he was drugged, captured, and experimented on by the Weapon X program. It was here that his optic powers would return, but not in the way that was expected. Now they would come out of both his knuckles and eyes, but the beams that shot out of his eyes would be uncontrollable. With his new powers and strong leadership skills, he lead a revolt against the monsters at Weapon X, and shut them down entirely... by killing all the scientists and soldiers inside and destroying the building. He found himself in Canada where he joined the superhero team, Alpha Flight, but quit after Professor Xavier offered him to be a part of the X-Men. He quickly rose above the ranks and went by the code name "Claw".  He fell in love once again with Jean Grey and she returned his affection. They were always at each other's side and they always remained faithful to each other. Logan and Jean were married in the autumn of 1996, Jean's favorite season. They lived happily ever after... Until the Phoenix Force took Jean away from him. To this day, Claw has never been with another woman. He currently leads the X-Men with his allies Nightcrawler, Storm, Colossus, Shadowcat, and Psylocke at his side and he vowed to never give up his conquest of being reunited with Jean. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tonis
@Gambit1024: now those claws really look like they're gonna leave a mark, good work Gambit. :)
The story is just as good, romantic and heroic, a good mix for the two.
Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Sweet...this will be a a challenging topic!! 

Hmmm...seems the entries thus far have been borrowing heavy on Scott's look with Logan's claws. Payno's stuff looks so clean and a natural blend of the two

SO I guess I will have to go Logan with a bit of Scotty....see ya in a few days
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gambit1024
@tonis: Thanks :)
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IcePrince_X

No Caption Provided
Weapon X: Cyclops
Inspired by the AoA Cyclops and Ultimate Wolverine
mannycartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mannycartoon

I just had to throw my hat into this one!

Payne's my favorite so far.

No Caption Provided

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

@payno:
That is a perfect blend of cyke and wolverine, nicely done

I kind of had a feeling most were going to do the red claws and so far its a growing trend.  Everyone's got great entries so far.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator
@EGoD said:

"
Whats the deadline for this?

Lots of entries so far, obviously a good choice of characters. 
payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By payno

@EGoD:

Thanks. You made a good choice of characters for this one. Tried to get an equal mix of both.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@Shatterstar said:
" @EGoD said:

"

"

Oops, thought I had put a deadline on that, nice eyes Shatterstar, I'll edit that right now.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tonis
@EGoD said:
" @Shatterstar said:
" @EGoD said:

"
Oops, thought I had put a deadline on that, nice eyes Shatterstar, I'll edit that right now. "
what did I tell you about those MMORPG rottin the brain.
or someones getting old :)
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EGoD  Moderator
@tonis said:
" @EGoD said:
" @Shatterstar said:
" @EGoD said:

"
Oops, thought I had put a deadline on that, nice eyes Shatterstar, I'll edit that right now. "
what did I tell you about those MMORPG rottin the brain.
or someones getting old :)
"

And to think, I just logged off AION, how'd you know I was playing that? Wait, are you that cat that keeps peeking in the basement windows??? you perv! I knew I needed curtains in those things.   Me old? well I feel it right now since my necks sore from sitting at my computer the last 5 hours straight, but thanks to family genes I'll never look it :D ha ha ha.  

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frischdvh

Sins of the Fathers

Although clouds loomed over the sky, a shadow was downcast on the face of young Daniel Knolbach. He stood at the docks awaiting the transport that would take him to the island of Utopia X. Anticipation and dread mixed to form a potent emotional cocktail inside of him. Today, he was going to find out who his father was. With him he carried a note. Written by his mother, it told tales of wild adventure and carefree days of growing up at Xavier’s School For Gifted Youngsters. It also contained a pair of sealed envelopes for two of the residents of the island.

Upon arrival Charles Xavier felt the boys presence. He immediately rushed out to greet him. Xavier took Daniel to his office. They talked at length about his time in the foster system, and his life up to the point he had initially made contact with Charles.

“About that son, “said Charles. “ I knew your mother. Jean was one of my favorite students. I’m sorry that she is not here to be with you in your time of need. Now, about your father situation….”

Daniel glanced down as rain bulleted over the two envelopes grasped in his hand. “Yeah about that…..”

“We can do a genetic test quickly and find out who your father is, you don’t have to do this.”

“ Naw they deserve to know the truth, both of them…”

“Well, we’ll do the test anyway, just to provide proof.” Comforted Charles.

A couple hours later, Cyclops pushes the button on the elevator door. When it opens, to his surprise, Logan is standing there. A nod of acknowledgement is exchanged, if not for pleasantries, at least to make sure Logan hadn’t passed out from the previous night’s activity. “ Where you headed Logan?”

“The Principal’s office. Chuck wants to speak with me. Guess I been a bad boy or sumtin’….Where you going Slim?”

“Hell, if I don’t change my ways….” They chuckled. “Odd, no, the Professor wants to see me too.”

They both looked at each other with introspection and then away in exasperation. Scott broke the silence…” You don’t think he is…..”

“Gonna have us team up against the new Brotherhood?” interrupted Logan. “ I wish, this is probably one of those touchy feely interventions he always wants us to participate in…”

“I’d rather be blasting the Toad than sharing my feelings with you.”

“What does happen when you blast a Toad with optic beams….?”

“The same thing that happens to everything else really….except there is a lot more screaming.” Wry smiles creep across the pair’s faces. The elevator car shudders to a halt, and the doors open. There waiting to get on is Mortimer Toynbee, the Toad. Laughter erupts.

The two arrive at their final destination. As they enter the office they see a young man, barely at 16. Familiar in poise, with crimson hair that was a dead giveaway.        

“Jean….?” Stuttered Logan taken back by the familial resembelance.

“Professor, what is this….?” ordered Scott, his demeanor shifting from relaxed to confrontational.

“Scott, Logan….this is going to be difficult for you to hear. This is Daniel Knolbach, Jean Grey’s son. Maybe these will explain better. Jean gave Daniel a pair of letters for the both of you. She had the foresight to leave a psychometric imprint on them. I can vouch for their authenticity. “ The two took their letters, and after a brief shared glance they began reading.

“My dearest Scott, it is with deep regret that you have to find out about this like this….[Editor’s note. This takes place after the Xmen return from Bolivar Trask’s Satellite when Jean was depowered for a time.] I find myself at a crossroads. I am confused. As you know, I have taken a sabbatical from the Xmen at the Professor’s behest. In the days after we returned from the satellite, I felt as if I was changing. Something has happened and I don’t know how to explain it. The best way for me to say it is to just say it….I am pregnant. I have gone to stay with my parents until I have the baby and they will care for him. I know this is a bit to absorb but its not all I have to tell you….I was unfaithful. In the days since I returned, you were distant and I needed you. I was alone, and the only one there for me was….Logan”

Simultaneously both men shot glances at each other. “Slim, wai…OOWOWOOCH!” screamed Logan as an optic blast sent him hurtling through the wall of the office and into the hall. “Everybody gets one Slim…that was yoOOOUUUWWLLF!” Optic blasts rained down on Logan. The Xmen gathered quickly outside the office as the two continued to fight. Archangel landed between the two   deflecting an optic blast from Scott and holding his wing’s edge to Logan’s neck.

“ Thank you Warren.” Said Professor X.   “If we can adjourn to your office, Scott, I believe that Dr. Nemesis has some news for us.” Minutes later, as they were in Scott’s office, the two men waiting at opposite ends of the room, Daniel was sitting. Professor X turned to Dr. Nemesis. “What did you find out Doctor?”

“Nothing good I am afraid. His power resembles Scott’s brother Gabriel, he can generate, mold, and control energy. He can create hard energy constructs as well as his cell structure non-actively produces a protective field that field incubates the body, absorbing ambient energy and regenerates the cell structure at the same rate of Logan's healing factor.. And about his genetic lineage it is difficult to say…”

“What do you mean doctor?”

“Most people are the combination of two genetic structures….young Daniel here is composed of three..”

“You mean ?”

“Yes, the boy has Jean’s DNA, as well as Scott’s and Logan’s. How is that possible? Well, if your dad didn’t explain the birds and the bees to you, it ain’t my job. But it seems, that Jean was actually the Phoenix at this point. Then you guys each heh heh….”

SNIKT!

“Yeah well, the Phoenix force affected the conception process at least that is my guess so…Happy Father’s Day guys….” Dr. Nemesis left. Hanging the air, the sense of dread saturated the souls of the four in the room.

EPILOGUE:

An underground chamber, following the trails of whispers through the cavernous domain.“The subject is on the island master, what are your orders?”

“We sit and wait. We let the blood boil until we are ready to spill it. Their spirit will be broken and their will conquered. And Daniel will learn of his true father…..MR.SINISTER!”    

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By KenTheProfile

So whose going to draw this new mix killing itself considering they pretty much can't stand each other?
EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EGoD  Moderator