#1 Posted by FrischDVH (597 posts) - - Show Bio

      
Do one, two, or a whole gaggle, any combination is good. Heck, you can even use Rob Liefeld characters. The deadline is January 14th, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

 


 



 

 

#2 Posted by IcePrince_X (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

this is interesting. 
nice choice FrischDVH

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't think I am complaining, but wished this could be narrowed down to amalgamating just two specific characters.  A good choice, don't get me wrong, just my opinion. 
#4 Posted by FrischDVH (597 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:
I don't think you are complaining at all. The reason I decided to do the group is because I feel (and this is my opinion) that some people don't participate in the contest because they don't want to draw either just a male or just a female character, niether of the amalgamated characters appeal to the artist's whimsy, and I have a terrible time deciding between characters. Guys who's forte is in drawing women can do a Scandal/Psylocke while artists who draw men better can whip up a Deadpool/Ragdoll. I wanted a broader scope for the imagination to play with. I assume (correct me if I am wrong) that your concern lies with being able to fairly judge if everyone isn't drawing the same thing. I took that into consideration, thats why I chose 2 smaller groups.
#5 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@FrischDVH:
Yes, you are essentially correct with that regarding my line of thinking.  It is all cool, it really is, it is also, just, there are a lot of characters to choose, and myself, I have a hard time narrowing it down.  Also, with the paper I use, it is hard to do more than a few images of characters per page.  It is still a great idea.  
#6 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@FrischDVH: hey Frisch, no ones finding this cause it's hiding in the contests forum and most of us probably go looking in artists forum ;)
#7 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@FrischDVH: hey frisch.. lock this and repost it in the artist forums...
#8 Posted by FrischDVH (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Back home again.....:)

#9 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio

This right here, is me smiling. 

#10 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@FrischDVH: Woohoo!! welcome back amalgamation!!
#11 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio

just to make sure...any secret six member?  I'm not familair with many of them, but since they've had several incarnations, which ones, or does it matter? 
#12 Posted by FrischDVH (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Secret Six member (even if you want to go all the way back to the scientict group) and any member of XForce. Your call. 

#13 Edited by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Harley Quinn count as one of the Secret Six?  It says she was with them at a point.  I don't really know too much about the team so...lol.
#14 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope Quinn can count, but if she doesn't then that's fine. =) 
Here's Domino of (X-force) and Harley, hopfully of (Secret Six).
 

First time doing this combining characters thing so...hope you all like her! 
"Domy" or "Quinno" or "Domino Quinn"....=)
#15 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@DomDom: very nice, welcome to the amalgam jungle :)
#16 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Lol, Thanks... =)
#17 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@DomDom: one of her tits is tight, while another is loose and hanging..... how is that?
#18 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@DomDom:
Looks great!
#19 Edited by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@spawndon:
Haha...I was trying to make the black material shinier then the red.That could be why you think it looks like that...Sorry. 
I dont spend ah lot of time perfecting that area if you know what I mean. lol
#20 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

 

Ragdoll + Domino.   
 
#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE both of those series so much! Look forward to seeing all the entries.

Moderator
#22 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
"LOVE both of those series so much! Look forward to seeing all the entries. "

Thank You.  I also like Dom Dom's entry.
#23 Posted by IcePrince_X (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice entries guys!

#24 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: 
 Thx! Yours is really cool! I like the position. =)
@IcePrince_X:
Thanks =)
#25 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't think I was gonna get to this one. Knew of X-Force but hadn't heard of the 6 till now. After doing the research I can't believe I missed this group. WHAT A COOL COLLECTION OF BAD GOOD GUYS!!!! 
Thanks Frisch for introducing this team to me ;) 
 
Well it kinda went like a lays chip commercial. I started with one, but it just didn't seem right. I needed to either have one character represent 6 people or six people representing 12. I'm not sure if I took the easier route or not but I ended up going with 6 from each side and threw them into the blender. (larger version viewable from my image gallery) 
 
S.I.X-FORCE (Secret Intelligence X-Change Force)
Warpath / Scandal Savage = Savage Wolf 
Boom Boom / Harley Quinn = Harley Boom 
Angel / Bane = Bangel
Vanisher / RagDoll = Vanishing Andy 
X-32 / Black Alice = BlaX-23
Copy Cat / Cheshire = Cheshire Cat

#26 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep trying to enter this contest and keep having zero time.  deadline is midnight tonight right?  eastern/central/pacific?
#27 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
"Didn't think I was gonna get to this one. Knew of X-Force but hadn't heard of the 6 till now. After doing the research I can't believe I missed this group. WHAT A COOL COLLECTION OF BAD GOOD GUYS!!!! 
Thanks Frisch for introducing this team to me ;) 
 
Well it kinda went like a lays chip commercial. I started with one, but it just didn't seem right. I needed to either have one character represent 6 people or six people representing 12. I'm not sure if I took the easier route or not but I ended up going with 6 from each side and threw them into the blender. (larger version viewable from my image gallery) 
 
S.I.X-FORCE (Secret Intelligence X-Change Force)
Warpath / Scandal Savage = Savage Wolf 
Boom Boom / Harley Quinn = Harley Boom 
Angel / Bane = Bangel
Vanisher / RagDoll = Vanishing Andy 
X-32 / Black Alice = BlaX-23
Copy Cat / Cheshire = Cheshire Cat
 
"

Good grief.  You really kicked this one out of the stadium!   I can't even decide which one I like the best!  This is absolutely amazing work.  Wow! 
#28 Posted by adamwarner42 (405 posts) - - Show Bio

These are all NICE! I like them all.
#29 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:   Good grief.  You really kicked this one out of the stadium!   I can't even decide which one I like the best!  This is absolutely amazing work.  Wow!  " 
 
Thanks man, I was feeling like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the football when I started. Wasn't sure. 
If I did have to pick just one, I'd say I'm kinda partial to Harley's Boom :)
#30 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio

I only got as far as designing costumes  :(   I really wanted in this contest.
#31 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@soundbite:
You know, there are other Contests.  Also, this Amalgam one may continue, but with different characters.  Don't give up, just try another one!
#32 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio

This was the only one that interested me so far.  I have very little time during the week so I want to dedicate it to something worthwhile.  I'm still going to do my drawing though and post it elsewhere.
#33 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@soundbite:
That is a good idea.  Well, hopefully you can manage the time and do another one in the near future!
#34 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@soundbite said:
" This was the only one that interested me so far.  I have very little time during the week so I want to dedicate it to something worthwhile.  I'm still going to do my drawing though and post it elsewhere. "
know the pain of juggling time all too well. lotta frustration when there's a cool contest but you can't tackle it effectively. 
Not sure how fast you can rip things out but you still got at least 3 to 6 hours depending on what timezone Frisch is in and he's a pretty cool guy. If you asked for a little while longer to finish up I'm sure he'd prefer seeing more entries over a little more time. 
 
Usually he doesn't start his voting till the next morning/afternoon after the deadline anyway, doesn't hurt to try PM'ing him ;)
#35 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Today is the 15th.  Frisch posted the contest would end on the 14th.
#36 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
" @tonis: Today is the 15th.  Frisch posted the contest would end on the 14th. "
ahh, that's right, mixed up the deadline with the other ones I'm dealing with. My bad. 
Well seeing as it's still not closed that means he's not on yet. Like I said, if you're close to done it don't hurt to send him a PM and he might give you a chance to get it in. 
From looks of it he's probably not gonna get the voting going till tomorrow anyway. Wouldn't just chance that though, good idea to send him a shout.
#37 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
" @Decept-O said:
" @tonis: Today is the 15th.  Frisch posted the contest would end on the 14th. "
ahh, that's right, mixed up the deadline with the other ones I'm dealing with. My bad. Well seeing as it's still not closed that means he's not on yet. Like I said, if you're close to done it don't hurt to send him a PM and he might give you a chance to get it in. From looks of it he's probably not gonna get the voting going till tomorrow anyway. Wouldn't just chance that though, good idea to send him a shout. "

I couldn't put in a late entry even if it was allowed.  It's not fair to the other people who got theirs in on time and it's not really a big deal anyway.  Sometimes life happens.  It's been over 10 years since I took my art seriously so I think it can wait a few more weeks.
#38 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@soundbite:
Looking forward to seeing your art sometime soundbite! =)
I bet it really is awesome.
#39 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@soundbite said:
" @tonis said:
" @Decept-O said:
" @tonis: Today is the 15th.  Frisch posted the contest would end on the 14th. "
ahh, that's right, mixed up the deadline with the other ones I'm dealing with. My bad. Well seeing as it's still not closed that means he's not on yet. Like I said, if you're close to done it don't hurt to send him a PM and he might give you a chance to get it in. From looks of it he's probably not gonna get the voting going till tomorrow anyway. Wouldn't just chance that though, good idea to send him a shout. "
I couldn't put in a late entry even if it was allowed.  It's not fair to the other people who got theirs in on time and it's not really a big deal anyway.  Sometimes life happens.  It's been over 10 years since I took my art seriously so I think it can wait a few more weeks. "
ahh, it's not like were playing for cash prizes here, honestly, more entries is ALWAYS better than a day longer ;) 
hope to see what you got in the future challenges.