#1 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio

For this contest I'm going to go with Buckshot's "subtle" suggestion of an amalgam of MR MAJESTIC and THOR

Deadline is Saturday 6th November. 

Mr Majestic

Thor 

#2 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be Thorjestic! 

I may come up with something...

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet combination idea

#4 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yes, I'm in.

#5 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

I am in.

#6 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: Pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one too! My only crit would be that I'd like to see some lightning in the background and an extra digit on each hand. Do everyone a favor and have an off day every once in a while. ya?
#8 Edited by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno said:

"

"
You are awesome and I am awestruck.

More! MORE!!!
#9 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: 
I think you should add some more Thor elements to the picture, make him blonde, give him longer hair, or a beard.  The Mr. Majestic persona is still overpowering, it looks like Mr. Majestic with a hammer.  I'm no art expert at all or have any credentials to give any advice, but just my two cents... don't get me wrong, love your work! haha
#10 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
@xhavoc86 said:
" @payno:  I think you should add some more Thor elements to the picture, make him blonde, give him longer hair, or a beard.  The Mr. Majestic persona is still overpowering, it looks like Mr. Majestic with a hammer.  I'm no art expert at all or have any credentials to give any advice, but just my two cents... don't get me wrong, love your work! haha "
havoc might be right in saying it has more Majestic than Thor, However, I don't mind AT ALL, i much prefer the Majestic character/persona and you captured the more overtly warrior aspects of Thor (and his magical weapon) that I wanted to see. If others wanted to spice it up though, the hair/beard  suggestion could work (the length, not the color, i think I'd die). But that might have a Majestic angle to it as well since he's rocked the shaggy look a little too. 

#11 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot: sweet examples, some good inspirational candy to munch at :)
#12 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:

I so like these types of colors...
early 1990s, people working with PS 1,2,3.... heavily dependent on inks to give it realistic looks....
guess I'm mad.
#13 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4433 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" @payno said:

"

"
You are awesome and I am awestruck.  More! MORE!!! "
Thats pretty sweet.
#14 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
@spawndon said:
" @tonis:

I so like these types of colors... early 1990s, people working with PS 1,2,3.... heavily dependent on inks to give it realistic looks.... guess I'm mad. "
You're not mad, I think that's one of the best depictions of Maj there is and it's just as much the inks as the costume.
#15 Posted by DrTyrannical (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno said:
"
"
That is utterly awesome. All you need to do is add a little gold to his uniform for a little more Thor. 

And What program do you use for this?
#16 Posted by Manarg (87 posts) - - Show Bio

I am soooo entering this one the second I get some free time

#17 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by DrTyrannical (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw man that is sweet. Awesome work dude. Amazing.

#19 Posted by warlord1234 (1262 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
"

"
nice one
#20 Edited by DrTyrannical (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE the way you did his forearm armor. That just looks so fucking bad ass.

#21 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@warlord1234: Thanks! 
@DrTyrannical:
 Thanks for the comments! (use the reply button in the future so we know who you are directing them towards)
#22 Posted by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085: 

Excellent interpretation, I can see u couldn't help taking advantage of adding a little lightning for background effect, given the topic. : )
#23 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@DavidR said:
" @LT1085:   Excellent interpretation, I can see u couldn't help taking advantage of adding a little lightning for background effect, given the topic. : ) "
lightning is an effect you look for every chance you can to use :) 
Nice job LT
#24 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@DavidR: @tonis:  

Ya, I've got a weakness for lightning. Thanks guys.
#25 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" I LOVE the way you did his forearm armor. That just looks so fucking bad ass. "
I'll give you a hint on where it came from if you look at the shoulders. 
#26 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@Om1kron said:
" @DrTyrannical said:
" I LOVE the way you did his forearm armor. That just looks so fucking bad ass. "
I'll give you a hint on where it came from if you look at the shoulders.  "
Ya, I used the armor from  Iron man. 
#27 Posted by DrTyrannical (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:   Thanks for the reply advice. =) So did you redesign the IM armor or do you crop it and then edit it?
#28 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical: With this style of art I use Photoshop CS5 and use photos as more of a template really. It's photo manipulation that I completely repaint over top so that lighting/shadows/reflections etc. make sense, and so I can modify it the way I want. I use dozens of separate sources to put these frankensteins together (when I use this style). about %40 of the work that goes into it would be photo manip. and %60 would be painting. I do full paint pictures too, but sometimes I enjoy seeing what I can piece together out of scrap and turn it into something new.
#29 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

The Iron Man one looks scary, but I imagine Majestros Odinson would be scary if you saw him ready to go into battle. It is strange how we rarely think about how terrifying some of these characters would be. I guess that's part of why SPBs are feared in the WSU.

#30 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
"

"
Awesome.
#31 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @LT1085 said:
"

"
Awesome. "
THANKS! 
#32 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't really familiar with Majestic before the contest but who can resist a chance to do something with a Thor theme. Plus, LIGHTNING, the magic ingredient we all love to see :) 

Huge thanks Buckshot on the additional image submissions and the contest idea. I scoured the net for inspiration but nothing came close to what you put up. Here's my entry, 'Mr Mjolnir', coming in off the rainbow bridge and ready to rumble. 
(note- tried it with original Mjolnir and ultimate Thor version, couldn't help but go with ultimate, such a bad ass looking weapon) 

#33 Posted by deadpool1109 (429 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: holy crap.. look at that headgear!! awesome work... 
#34 Posted by payno (963 posts) - - Show Bio