Amalgam Contest #33 - Captain America + Green Lantern

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dark Walker

For this go round amalgamate Steve Rogers/Captain America and Hal Jordan/Green Lantern.  Contest ends September 29th 2010. 
As usual the artwork must be drawn by you, be creative, be imaginative, have fun.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

sweet combo

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

A lot of ideas are popping into my head!

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spawndon

I think that this has already been attempted.
 FrischDVH drew this:

No Caption Provided
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark Walker

There hasn't specifically been a Captain America / Green Lantern one (besides Ion), I checked when trying to figure out who to pair Captain America with.  Who surprisingly has never been requested before O_o.    I've even specified Steve Rogers / Hal Jordan versions of the characters.  I don't think its such a big deal considering Wonder Woman has been used 3 times, and the one above was any marvel any lantern corps.  One person did a great drawing of something similar (but not GL) out of 32 contest.  I would have liked to do Batman but he's been in one twice, same with Power Girl, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine and even Entrigan.   Not trying to rant or get defensive, I haven't seen people complain about doing Wonder Woman again...I mean that in terms of drawing her with another character for anyone who's thinking dirty thoughts right now. :D :))  I didn't even realize how many times she's been used until I went back through the winners thread, she's a popular character.   
  I'm surprised there hasn't been more Batman/Wolverine/Iron Man ones, heck even Superman hasn't been done yet.  Which I wasn't going to do since Marvel and DC did Cap and Sups already

I thinks it's fair right? :D

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spawndon
@Dark Walker: ok. I'm convinced!
I will enter this after a few days. :]
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark Walker

In the words of Homer Simpson WOO HOO!!  :D

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By frischdvh
@Dark Walker:
Great Choice. Yeah I did that pic for an Amalgam contest where you took anyone in the MARVEL Universe and made them a Lantern Corps Member. One question: Are we limited to Green Lantern, or can we use the full spectrum of lanterns? Making it GL/Cap specific I feel is the best idea, but I just wanted to know what you thought. Thanks.
payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By payno

Hal Rogers aka THE AMERICAN LANTERN.

Consumption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Consumption
@payno: Wow! That's really nice!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Decept-O

Here's my entry:   

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Caligula
@Decept-O: that is gold
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spawndon
@Decept-O: Great!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decept-O
@spawndon:  Thanks!
@Caligula:
Thanks! 

It is actually a bit sloppy but given the paper I used was the best I could do.      Payno's is slick by the way.
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dark Walker

Those are both cool and pretty creative. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sora_thekey
@payno:@Decept-O: Great job guys! 
Really great entries...

Also here's my entry... 
I've been trying to color my own art and ink it... but it's not that great...
So here's my pencils and colors versions:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Tell me what you think!
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By Dracade102
@sora_thekey said:
" @payno:@Decept-O: Great job guys! 
Really great entries...

Also here's my entry... 
I've been trying to color my own art and ink it... but it's not that great...
So here's my pencils and colors versions:

Tell me what you think! "

YES!! That's Exactly how I Imagined the Sheild!!!
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Caligula
@sora_thekey: nice work
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sora_thekey
@Caligula:@Dracade102: Thanks!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Decept-O
@sora_thekey:
This is a great concept, love the colors.  I have a minor quibble but don't want to seem like a tool.  If you are willing to listen to what I have to say I will offer brief input.  If not, I will STFU and leave it alone.  It is good and I like it regardless.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IcePrince_X

No Caption Provided
Not a good as your entry guys... 
But my concept is still with the ring and the shield.
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sora_thekey
@Decept-O: If it's about the colors then don't say anything... This was an attempt at colors... I am still practicing...
If its about the drawing itself the go ahead and tell me! :)
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sora_thekey
@IcePrince_X: Great work... that must've been hard... drawing all thsoe things on the costume!!!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Decept-O
@sora_thekey:
No, nothing pertaining to the colors.  I'd like to see you try and draw a full body sketch.  I know it takes time.  Also perhaps instead of using an image for reference, try doing one you create, one how you think the character should look, from your mind.    I am not being an ass.  Please don't think it.  I know someone may say something snarky I am only saying what I see and where I think you can improve.  My art is sloppy I will be the first to admit and I stil need a very long way to go so perhaps my critiques aren't necessarily the best, but everything I do, sloppy or not, is 100% original.  
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sora_thekey
@Decept-O said:
" @sora_thekey: I'd like to see you try and draw a full body sketch.  I know it takes time.  Also perhaps instead of using an image for reference, try doing one you create, one how you think the character should look, from your mind. "
Full body sketches tend to be a problem for me because I tend to run out of paper... but sure I can try that...
I'm not sure what you mean by not using a reference though
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Decept-O
@sora_thekey:
I have the same problem, not having enough room on the paper.  However, it is good practice to try and manage the size of the sketches.  If you want to draw people and characters, it is simply a necessity to practice drawing the entire body from time to time.   I am just offering input in this area.  

EDIT:  Sora, never mind, please disregard my statement.  If you haven't read it, I deleted a portion of what I said.  It isn't important.   

What I think I see and what others are posting, I am in error.  I feel like a grade A jerk.    My apologies.  Seems like I am doing a lot of that lately.  I just hope you at least try to do a full body sketch, would love to see your efforts. 
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By frischdvh

In the aftermath of World War II, allied forces invade the bunker of Dr. Johann Schmidt; affectionately reffered to as the Red Skull for his inhumane treatment of concentration camp prisoners. There they found a journal with two artifacts. One was referred to as the "Cosmic Cube", the other was named the "Starheart". The journal went onto describe the two glowing rocks (which did not resemble a heart or a cube). It told of how the artifacts energized abstract ideas. Feelings, emotion, will, and imagination powered the artifacts. There also came a warning: One amplified bad ideals, the other energized good. At a standoff as to who should possess the artifacts, Russia left with the Cube while America came home with the starheart.  

Flash forward to 2005 In the wake of a post 9/11 world, a new organization of terrorists emerged. F.E.A.R. (The Federation of Elite Anarchist Resistance) had been responsible for several attacks on American soil. The two leaders, Baron Wolfgang Von Sinestro and Baron Luther Zemo had recently accquired the Cosmic Cube on the Black Market. An accident turned the terrorist's young assistant, Gunther Johann Schmidt (The great grandson of the original Red Skull) into a monstrosity known as The Red Holocaust. Using him as the face of F.E.A.R., they spread their message of anarchy across Europe. Soon, the two tyrants experimented with the Cosmic Cube on themselves, achieving similar results, but fracturing their respective psyches.  

The U.S.A. needed an answer. While the Cube was treated with reckless abandon, the Starheart was closely guarded under the Sentinel of Liberty project. The project was created to form a response if the Russians ever found a way of arming the Cube. They were able to synthesize a process which would grant powers to an individual without the mental side effects. They chose Army Ranger Captain Steve Jordan to be their first candidate. After a successful trial run, Marine Seargent Guy Walker, Nany Seal Lt. Commander Isaiah Stewart, and Air Force Lance Corporal Kyle Barnes were also authorized for the procedure. 

The four (The Captain aka Jordan, The Warrior aka Walker, Battlestar aka Stewart, and The Soldier aka Barnes) formed the first of the Sentinel Corps. Their mission: to combat the forces of the agents of F.E.A.R.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sora_thekey
@Decept-O:  No Problem dude! :)
@FrischDVH: Awesome!!! I love Skull as a Red Lantern!
mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mighty dude
@FrischDVH:
Wow! Thats amazing!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tonis

Wild concept to play with, and a lotta room for imagination. Thumbs up FrischDVH on really going there. 
Didn't think I was going to come up with something for this by the deadline but it was a productive weekend. 
Took the 'what if' approach...  
What if Abin Sur had willed his ring to split its power among all the nations worthiest? 
Enter 'American Lantern'... 

No Caption Provided
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dark Walker

Man there's some really cool designs here.  

2 more days for anyone else who wants to get in on the contest. 

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Constantine
@FrischDVH said:
"

In the aftermath of World War II, allied forces invade the bunker of Dr. Johann Schmidt; affectionately reffered to as the Red Skull for his inhumane treatment of concentration camp prisoners. There they found a journal with two artifacts. One was referred to as the "Cosmic Cube", the other was named the "Starheart". The journal went onto describe the two glowing rocks (which did not resemble a heart or a cube). It told of how the artifacts energized abstract ideas. Feelings, emotion, will, and imagination powered the artifacts. There also came a warning: One amplified bad ideals, the other energized good. At a standoff as to who should possess the artifacts, Russia left with the Cube while America came home with the starheart.  

Flash forward to 2005 In the wake of a post 9/11 world, a new organization of terrorists emerged. F.E.A.R. (The Federation of Elite Anarchist Resistance) had been responsible for several attacks on American soil. The two leaders, Baron Wolfgang Von Sinestro and Baron Luther Zemo had recently accquired the Cosmic Cube on the Black Market. An accident turned the terrorist's young assistant, Gunther Johann Schmidt (The great grandson of the original Red Skull) into a monstrosity known as The Red Holocaust. Using him as the face of F.E.A.R., they spread their message of anarchy across Europe. Soon, the two tyrants experimented with the Cosmic Cube on themselves, achieving similar results, but fracturing their respective psyches.  

The U.S.A. needed an answer. While the Cube was treated with reckless abandon, the Starheart was closely guarded under the Sentinel of Liberty project. The project was created to form a response if the Russians ever found a way of arming the Cube. They were able to synthesize a process which would grant powers to an individual without the mental side effects. They chose Army Ranger Captain Steve Jordan to be their first candidate. After a successful trial run, Marine Seargent Guy Walker, Nany Seal Lt. Commander Isaiah Stewart, and Air Force Lance Corporal Kyle Barnes were also authorized for the procedure. 

The four (The Captain aka Jordan, The Warrior aka Walker, Battlestar aka Stewart, and The Soldier aka Barnes) formed the first of the Sentinel Corps. Their mission: to combat the forces of the agents of F.E.A.R.

No Caption Provided

"
nice
Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Argentino_18
@FrischDVH:  
Amazing...
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dark Walker

Last day for anyone pushing the deadline. 

spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By spawndon

My entry:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for theteenagewerewolf
TheTeenageWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No Caption Provided
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dark Walker

Thanks for all the entries, some awesome creative stuff here.  The voting thread is HERE !!