Amalgam Contest # 101

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By EGoD  Moderator

I decided for this contest to use Batgirl and Spidergirl. Contest will end April 21. Happy drawing!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@shatterstar if you could pin please.

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Are any versions of Batgirl or Spidergirl available (Please say Spider Gwen) for use?

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EGoD  Moderator

@frischdvh I was going to say just the Barbara and May versions but it might be more fun for everyone to mix it up a bit, so yeah you can use Spider Gwen.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...I think I'm getting something here...

Mrnoitaull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, the possibilities are endless!

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@zzombie13: O.o that's awesome; I like the torso costume part (especially with the combination of the cobwebs and the yellow bat signals). I like the Spider-Gwen elements fused in there too.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EGoD  Moderator
ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@egod: @keroga: Since you guys were kind enough to leave a friendly comment, I would like to say thank you. I would also like to ask you something. Does the Bat Symbol in the webbing read, or is it too subtle? I mean I see it, but I put it there so of course I see it. But I was curious if you guys noticed it. Thank in advance for the help. :)

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzombie13: Well now I see it :) It was too subtle for me to notice at first glance, but I see it every time now. Possibly adding a light yellow hugh or darker shadow just under the bat webbing would help it differentiate itself. Great job btw.

ArdenBelfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a nice idea, here's my sketch

No Caption Provided

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zzombie13: Well now I see it :) It was too subtle for me to notice at first glance, but I see it every time now. Possibly adding a light yellow hugh or darker shadow just under the bat webbing would help it differentiate itself. Great job btw.

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArdenBelfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@zzombie13: For me, I noticed the webbing and the bat symbol right off the bat. I think it was well done. However my only real critique would be the red outlining for the eyes. The red seems a bit out of place; perhaps if it was yellow or the darkish pink .it would maybe fit better,

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

ArdenBelfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EGoD  Moderator

@zzombie13: I did notice the bat webbing and the symbol in the background, nice touches.

@ardenbelfry: nicely done.

ArdenBelfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ARMIV2
No Caption Provided

Here she is, my Spider/Bat-Girl...woman...person...

Fusing the name is the real challenge.

No Caption Provided

Updated with flat colors.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Anbu_B_Team
No Caption Provided

I may try to ink and color if I have the time....but I wanted to submit something.

No Caption Provided

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frischdvh
No Caption Provided

Arach: Having to do with spiders.

Nin: Common surname meaning Lady or Great Lady.

Mystery of The Arachnin

A new heroine has arrived in New Gotham whose identity is a mystery— even to Arachknight. During patrol, the Arachknight and Dragonfly spot her trying to stop one of Black Shrike's shipments on New Gotham's interstate, using a plasma rifle to send the Shrike's truck with its driver off the bridge. Arachknight and Dragonfly save the driver from falling to his death. Arachknight must figure out who Arachnin is and stop familiar enemies, the Black Shrike and David Canis, from selling illegal weapons to the fictional nation of Latkasnia. The two employ Shiva, an Asian assassin, to provide protection.

Arachnin's main focus is on illegal activity by the Shrike, Canis, and Shiva. Despite taking the symbol of the Arachnid as a sign of justice, Arachnin sullies the Spider prefix by taking out criminals with ruthless and dangerous techniques. She seems uninterested in sparing the lives of her adversaries.

Arachknight and Dragonfly, sets out to stop the Arachnin from making mistakes as she tries to take out the villains, and as he encounters numerous twists, setbacks, and apparent false leads in determining her true identity. Peter Wayne, Arachknight's alter ego, also becomes involved with a new lady in his life: Cassandra Corazon, David Canis's daughter.

In addition to Cassandra, Peter is introduced to two other women who, as his investigation into the Arachnin's true identity continues, seem to fall well into suspicion: Gwen Brown, a new employee of Wayne Tech whose technology development is used by the Arachnin against the Shrike; and a new forensic pathologist on the NGCPD, Barbara Parker, whose knowledge of the weapons being smuggled by the Shrike and David Canis is much greater than the doctor should know. With Canis unable to stop Arachnin's raids on the facilities used to hold the various weapons, the Shrike calls Skurge the Hunter for additional support to ensure that there are no more losses as a result of the Arachnin.

Not long after Skurge's arrival in New Gotham, it is revealed that there is not one but three Arachnin, all of whom were the women suspected by Arachknight; Gwen and Cassandra met taking art classes at college and Cassandra and Barbara were roommates. They had taken turns to remove suspicion on any one of the three, while using Gwen's technological genius and contempt for the Shrike (who had framed her father), Cassandra's money and access to several key aspects of her father's organization (Cassandra wants to end her father's criminal career as it led to her mother being killed), and Barbara's physical and police skills to ensure that Canis's operation is thwarted (as the crime lord previously left her family in financial ruin after arsonists who worked for him burned down her parents' shop and were not punished due to the lack of sufficient evidence). Parker was also saved by Arachknight nine years prior, the event giving her the original inspiration for the costumed identity she now shares with her friends.

In the final confrontation, a ship taking the weapons into international waters for the exchange is destroyed by a bomb planted by Gwen. She and Arachknight narrowly escape the explosion despite the efforts of Skurge, who falls into the New Gotham River and vanishes. At the conclusion, the NGCPD are left to assume that Barbara is the only Arachnin after she helps rescue Arachknight from the ship. Barbara resigns from the police due to the potential problems her presence could cause and decides to leave the city. Arachknight gives Gwen evidence he discovered which helps clear her father. Canis agrees to testify against the Black Shrike after saving Cassandra's life during the ship's destruction. After she reconciles with her father, Cassandra joins Barbara and Gwen as they begin their careers as the ARACHNIN!

This is a continuation of the story started in Amalgam Contest #16:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/artist-show-off-4/amalgam-contest-16-413799/#32/

Mrnoitaull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Paula Dallas born blind but had a had a natural fascination with spiders (father walked in on her as baby tickled by the touch of a spider crawling up her arm). excelled in school mastering biochemistry, animal science with a focus in Arachnology. Long time friend and colleague created a serum that would enable her with a hyper sonar sense that enabled her to sense anything that gave off a sound or micro-movement (wind brushing, shift of the earths axis). Her free time was consumed with gymnastics and extensive physical training so that she could stride throughout the city the way spiders through "balooning" to where they float through the air. After being encountered on a night out and successfully defending herself, she decided to don the suit in hopes to fight oncoming crime whilst exploring as "The Weaver".

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Paula Dallas born blind but had a had a natural fascination with spiders (father walked in on her as baby tickled by the touch of a spider crawling up her arm). excelled in school mastering biochemistry, animal science with a focus in Arachnology. Long time friend and colleague created a serum that would enable her with a hyper sonar sense that enabled her to sense anything that gave off a sound or micro-movement (wind brushing, shift of the earths axis). Her free time was consumed with gymnastics and extensive physical training so that she could stride throughout the city the way spiders through "balooning" to where they float through the air. After being encountered on a night out and successfully defending herself, she decided to don the suit in hopes to fight oncoming crime whilst exploring as "The Weaver".

Brilliant! Love the story. :)

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6
No Caption Provided

Night Fang

Night Fang was born May Gordon. She was the daughter of an executive at Olscorp. When Norman Olsen went mad and became Goblin's Bane, he refused May's father's an executive's parking space that he'd been promising him and May's pop threw himself from an eighty fifth floor window. May who was already an accredited nurse then used her finely honed nursing skills to become Night Fang and hunt down and punish Goblin's Bane. As well as many other street hoodlums like King Penguin and Killer Octopus,

Not long after that she was bitten by a flying fox (while casing a illicit fruit orchid) that had been bitten by a radioactive spider and things went from bat to nurse.

No Caption Provided

Geemics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

So, here is my entry, although not yet refined because I rushed it. It's been centuries since I posted some, but I'm back (YAY!) and I'm happy about that. Sorry Mr. @shatterstar, and all who waited too long for costume contest # 90, if I disappeared for quite a while, I was busy at school and our computer broke, so i took some time. Anyway, without further ado, here is my entry! Arachnibat(I know, kinda corny, but I can't think of anything else)! Hope you like it!

Geemics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

rushed colored version. Sorry 'bout that.

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers