#1 Posted by UdontKnowMe (145 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see this going a lot of different ways, but I'd like to see what the creative talents of the ComicVine community can come up with for the Red Skull of the year 2099!

The contest will end on Monday October 8, 2012 @ 12:01am

#2 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (690 posts) - - Show Bio

That is an inspired choice. I hope I can come up with an entry. :)

#3 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

the deadline date is so soon, hopefully i manage to bring my idea to life, gonna go wit something disturbing-ish? similar to my scarecrow 2099 entry :D

#4 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

now I'm curious? Is me drawing a swastika in my entry, seen as offensive cause i won't add it if it is seen that way?

#5 Posted by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

this is my entry

red skull attacking captain america and get attacked by another hero
extra

#6 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: shizz great design love how 80s punk style (wit the huge shoulder pads n all) and staff wit the swastika looks killer. Really love it, pretty much already prepared to vote for you :P

#7 Posted by KEROGA (984 posts) - - Show Bio
First German cyborg supersoldier in 2099, helmet can disassemble like ironmans
#8 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: Freakin' LOVE this! Such a bizarre but brilliant style. Completely agree with with the 80's punk style, but can also see a strange Aeon Flux and even a slight Bill Plympton influence there. Great stuff.

#9 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

@KEROGA: that hemet idea is really unique love it :D

#10 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

When Red Skull was seemingly disintegrated along with the Cosmic Cube it was discovered he'd imbued his consciousness with the Cube itself. When this had happened, the Cube with Red Skull's essence, traversed through time and space, and jumped through several alternate realities. The Cube had split into bits encased in protective energy, sized on the atomic level, landing upon several alternate Earths. One of these bits ended up in an Earth where Doctor Doom was searching for the Cube and through his mystic powers, detected this atomic "shard" on an island near Australia. He was able to salvage this bit of the Cube and bringing it back to Latveria, managed to replicate the Cube itself.

Upon doing so and not detecting Red Skull's essence, the Red Skull was able to escape the Cube but with only a small portion of his brain, skull, and bit of his nervous system remaining. However, he used the Cube to siphon Doom's mystical powers, killing him. He used these powers to replicate a cybernetic body of odd design.

Using this new body and the Cube, he traversed through several alternate realities, and managed to find the different versions of himself in each. His other "selves" actually sacrificed their own essences for this new Red Skull, and merged with him. The new Red Skull saved their life essences, which the Red Skull placed in their decapitated heads, and placed them around the Cosmic Cube on a staff, which gives the Cube additional protection.

The newly revived Red Skull is now on a mission to traverse the dimensions and alternate realities to find all the atomic bits of the Cosmic Cube and his other selves so he can rule the multi-verse!

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: wow

#12 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: :0) Thanks.

#13 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

I freakin love the route you took with this, hes really alieny? like hr giger sorta alien. the structure of it all is disturbing and i freakin love the mask/face. And the skulls surrounding the cube... nice touch :P
#14 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Thanks I really appreciate those kind words! Yeah, kind of wanted to take that route, thanks for noticing. I actually want to do another sketch for this if I have time. A lot going on right now, but wanted to post this while I had the chance. Thanks again and I am glad you like it.

#15 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: I love this! Great originality!

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: Thanks! I appreciate that quite a bit.

#17 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (690 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a pretty good idea for a 2099 Red Skull, but my hand has been killing me these last couple of weeks. Not sure if I'll get it done in time or not.

Anyone feel like drawing but can't come up with a solid idea? Wanna work together?

#18 Posted by payno (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZZoMBiE13: If you give me a description of your idea, then I'd be happy to have a go at drawing it.

#19 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (690 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno said:

@ZZoMBiE13: If you give me a description of your idea, then I'd be happy to have a go at drawing it.

Well if anyone could make it awesome, you'd be the guy. Sent you a PM. :)

#20 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, here is a slightly better image. This the one I will use unless I add to it.

When Red Skull was seemingly disintegrated along with the Cosmic Cube it was discovered he'd imbued his consciousness with the Cube itself. When this had happened, the Cube with Red Skull's essence, traversed through time and space, and jumped through several alternate realities. The Cube had split into bits encased in protective energy, sized on the atomic level, landing upon several alternate Earths. One of these bits ended up in an Earth where Doctor Doom was searching for the Cube and through his mystic powers, detected this atomic "shard" on an island near Australia. He was able to salvage this bit of the Cube and bringing it back to Latveria, managed to replicate the Cube itself.

Upon doing so and not detecting Red Skull's essence, the Red Skull was able to escape the Cube but with only a small portion of his brain, skull, and bit of his nervous system remaining. However, he used the Cube to siphon Doom's mystical powers, killing him. He used these powers to replicate a cybernetic body of odd design.

Using this new body and the Cube, he traversed through several alternate realities, and managed to find the different versions of himself in each. His other "selves" actually sacrificed their own essences for this new Red Skull, and merged with him. The new Red Skull saved their life essences, which the Red Skull placed in their decapitated heads, and placed them around the Cosmic Cube on a staff, which gives the Cube additional protection.

The newly revived Red Skull is now on a mission to traverse the dimensions and alternate realities to find all the atomic bits of the Cosmic Cube and his other selves so he can rule the multi-verse!

#21 Posted by batkevin74 (10587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

OK, here is a slightly better image. This the one I will use unless I add to it.

When Red Skull was seemingly disintegrated along with the Cosmic Cube it was discovered he'd imbued his consciousness with the Cube itself. When this had happened, the Cube with Red Skull's essence, traversed through time and space, and jumped through several alternate realities. The Cube had split into bits encased in protective energy, sized on the atomic level, landing upon several alternate Earths. One of these bits ended up in an Earth where Doctor Doom was searching for the Cube and through his mystic powers, detected this atomic "shard" on an island near Australia. He was able to salvage this bit of the Cube and bringing it back to Latveria, managed to replicate the Cube itself.

Upon doing so and not detecting Red Skull's essence, the Red Skull was able to escape the Cube but with only a small portion of his brain, skull, and bit of his nervous system remaining. However, he used the Cube to siphon Doom's mystical powers, killing him. He used these powers to replicate a cybernetic body of odd design.

Using this new body and the Cube, he traversed through several alternate realities, and managed to find the different versions of himself in each. His other "selves" actually sacrificed their own essences for this new Red Skull, and merged with him. The new Red Skull saved their life essences, which the Red Skull placed in their decapitated heads, and placed them around the Cosmic Cube on a staff, which gives the Cube additional protection.

The newly revived Red Skull is now on a mission to traverse the dimensions and alternate realities to find all the atomic bits of the Cosmic Cube and his other selves so he can rule the multi-verse!

Very nice!

@artiom1q2w said:

this is my entry

red skull attacking captain america and get attacked by another hero
extra

This picture reminds me of the film The Iron Giant, just with nastier overtones :)

#22 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Thanks.