2010 - My contest year in review

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By tonis

Reflecting on the brain cells popped this year I found the most interesting things coming from the vine.  

I lurked the artist forum for like 6 months itching to try something but didn't feel ready till Tom Pinchuk threw a contest challengingall to portray the vine staff. That got me going again creatively and while I was trying to figure out how to approach it I finally got involved in the artist show downs here to make creative excuses to practice.  

Best thing I ever did to actually get better :) 
Here's my first 30 contests, covering a crazy diversity of subjects that our artists keep coming up with for choices. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! (music by Lifehouse)   

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tonis
@M.S. Feather:  
 yea that Jason contest probably scarred me somewhere inside making. 

Thanks for the words, you're the crazy early bird either still up or rearing to go this year, ++XP points ;) 
Wish more here would collect things up someway creatively and show it, it gets hard as hell finding things just seeking blindly.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X

Wow! Tonis those are intense... can't wait for your 2011 works.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Decept-O

You know how much I have learned from you as a person and an artist here in the Artist Forum on the Vine.   Thanks for sharing these again, and for being a friend to me in 2010.  I hope you will continue to be one now in 2011.  So many of your pieces were fantastic but the Conan Vs. Beowulf, the Green Lantern, the Majestic/Thor, and the Devotion really stand out.  Excellent job, I hope you will do more this year.   

By the way, Duder---Happy New Year!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O said:
" You know how much I have learned from you as a person and an artist here in the Artist Forum on the Vine.   Thanks for sharing these again, and for being a friend to me in 2010.  I hope you will continue to be one now in 2011.  So many of your pieces were fantastic but the Conan Vs. Beowulf, the Green Lantern, the Majestic/Thor, and the Devotion really stand out.  Excellent job, I hope you will do more this year.    By the way, Duder---Happy New Year! "
The thanks goes back as well, you know there's been a few of your ideas that got me going as well. 
Here's to a new year of comic chaos :)
No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By No_name_here

Wow... I'm really glad the contest opened up your creative floodgates, Tonis!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sora_thekey

Awesome dude! 
You are an amazing addition to all of these contests! Can't wait to see what you bring in 2011!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis:
Glad that something I thought of  helped with your

awesome

creativity as well.  Don't know how or where but if you say so, that is awesome sauce.  I think it goes both ways, too, when I see your work, I get inspired to "clean" up and try to do my rough art better.  The colors always blow me away.  You've told me a lot regarding your processes,  all of which are over my head---Bwaa Haa Haa!--but the fact you are so willing to relay your methods and the tools you use is generous.  I hope more Viners recognize your incredible talents here.  

Oh, I forgot to add--that Moon Knight is the SCHTUFF!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tonis
@Tom Pinchuk said:

" Wow... I'm really glad the contest opened up your creative floodgates, Tonis! "

Thanks Tom, without a doubt stumbling onto the vine and deciding to get involved when you made that were my two greatest moves I made this year :)  

And most important, Thanks for all the great work you and the others put out here, your tips especially on storytelling and writing are helping with the next creative phase I'm ready to tackle. 

@sora_thekey
said:
" Awesome dude! You are an amazing addition to all of these contests! Can't wait to see what you bring in 2011! "
That's a mutual affirmative back as well my friend ;)