• 55 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

New episodes of Arrow will begin this October and you can bet we're excited to see what the CW show will do next. We know Thea will bond and train with her father, Malcolm Merlyn, Roy will be a proper sidekick, Oliver will finally see if a relationship with Felicity can work, and Ray Palmer, a.k.a. the Atom, will enter the picture. That's barely scratching the surface of new plot points that have been revealed and we're obviously curious to see how it'll all be handled, but there's also a few things we'd really like to see.

Ra's al Ghul begins

No Caption Provided

Love or hate the series, we all know Arrow draws some inspiration from Christopher Nolan'sBatman trilogy and, let's be honest, it's mostly understandable since it's a really good trilogy. However, what we don't want to see is Ra's al Ghul feeling like a carbon copy of Liam Neeson's character in Batman Begins(yes, we heard the actor would reprise the role, but he's most likely too expensive and there's the concern that would cause some viewers confusion over continuity). There's a wealthy amount of commendable Ra's al Ghul stories from the comics that can serve as inspiration, so there's no good reason why Ra's al Ghul should make this feel like Batman Begins: The TV Series. Sure, the personality and overall objective can draw parallels, but the last thing we want to see is him just wanting to wipe Starling City off the map because it's the same way he felt about Gotham in Nolan's first Batman movie. How about setting the stage a little bigger with his agenda and Oliver somehow discovers the plan and becomes a nuisance to the Demon's Head -- one which has to be dealt with? Or maybe he sees potential in Oliver, but, to some, that may be drawing a little too closely to his dynamic with Batman in the comics. And, seeing as the show is no longer shying away from powers, who else would like to see Lazarus Pits introduced to Oliver's world? This way, Ra's can be as old, knowledgeable, and formidable as he should be.

An evergrowing universe

No Caption Provided

The CW series has delivered some major fan service by taking steps to expand its DC universe beyond Starling City, and we sincerely hope this is just the beginning of what this world has to offer. We know Arrow will have a crossover with The Flash and that's all kinds of exciting, but what about going beyond these two characters and their villains? Will the Suicide Squad be tasked to take on bigger threats -- threats which can allude to a much bigger world out there? What about other heroes and villains popping up outside of these two cities? Something like that is sure to make national news. Since we've now seen superhuman strength and speed, and we know The Flash will showcase even more powers (e.g. the Rogues), there's no strong reason why we can't see this show embrace more and more elements from DC's comic book universe. Little nods and Easter Eggs are good fun, but sprinkle more and more looks at the bigger picture and it's basically guaranteed many of us will stick around to see how it all plays out.

More Green Arrow, less Batman

No Caption Provided

As said above, it's understandable that Arrow draws elements from Nolan's trilogy, but this shouldn't feel like Green Arrow doing his best Batman impression. That's how some fans feel and there's definitely sequences here and there where that's a totally understandable opinion. So, let's see the show continue to embrace Oliver's mythos! There's no changing the fact Ra's is the big bad, but seeing as Merlyn is a key element, Count Vertigo is getting a new approach, Roy's in costume, and Komodo and Cupid are entering the picture, it definitely looks like they're heading in the right direction. Batman's rogues gallery is phenomenal, but many of us would rather see them turn Oliver's villains and supporting cast turned into legitimately interesting and engaging characters which can thrive without needing to bring in bigger names. It's unfortunate the very badass Constantine Drakon was removed so early on, but what's stopping them from introducing an up and coming crime lord named Brick?

More of the Suicide Squad

No Caption Provided

It was a seriously cheerworthy moment when it was announced that Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad would be heading to the CW show. They had a fun debut and there's so much potential with this group, but then they just sort of faded away and never played a significant role. It was terrific to see Floyd Lawton, a.k.a. Deadshot, get more development, but Ben Turner, a.k.a. Bronze Tiger, kind of seems like he's just there for the occasional fight scene. Here's hoping they show more of Waller's team in Season 3 (fingers crossed they get to take on some members of the League of Assassins) and give Bronze Tiger more depth while still giving Deadshot a fair amount of love. These are cool characters and they most definitely deserve more time in the spotlight.

A more tactical Oliver

No Caption Provided

Arrow has a talented stunt team and we all like seeing a fight with great choreography, but when Oliver seems rushed to face someone like Bronze Tiger in hand-to-hand combat, you can't help but wonder what's going through his head. Now, we understand they want to excite us with some thrilling melees, but what makes Oliver standout is the fact he's such a superb marksman and has more than just regular arrows to fire. Obviously, he shouldn't end every and all encounter with some quick thinking and a trick arrow, but it would be nice to see him use them more frequently, especially when he discovers a hand-to-hand encounter isn't his best option.

Likable Laurel

No Caption Provided

Laurel Lance had a really rough time in this show and unfortunately, that's often led to her coming off as an unlikable character. Instead of drawing our empathy, it felt like she was becoming more and more frustrating. She's finally back on the right track and, seeing as the actress has been talking about training and we've seen hints of Laurel's bravery and potential as a combatant, it would be quite cool to see her step up and work her way towards becoming the next Black Canary. It shouldn't be a quick transition, but it would set her on a way more interesting and potentially fun path.

Arrow returns October 8 on The CW.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why does everyone hate Laurel. She was just going through some shiz.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Personally I wish instead of this we got a Green Arrow animated series. Not as badly as I want a Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, or Flash show, but it still would have been much better.

Also, the biggest thing this show needs to do is CALL HIM GREEN ARROW!!!

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj_was_here: She's a real deadpan actor.

Katie Cassidy if by any chance you read this, I'm sorry but you need to work on your delivery, and learn to emote better.

Aurum19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I wish instead of this we got a Green Arrow animated series. Not as badly as I want a Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, or Flash show, but it still would have been much better.

Are they allowed to call him Green Arrow? Probably a stupid question since they called Slade Deathstroke

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

If we see more of the Squad, I still want an episode where Joker shows up to break Harley out.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aurum19: Yes they are, but sadly I think they are embarrassed by his real name. Which is sad, because if your going to make a Green Arrow show, then make it a Green Arrow show.

rollingshadow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rollingshadow7

Arrow is one of my all-time favorite shows. It does a lot of fan service for me, and couldn't recommend it enough.

If I had to nit-pick, some fight scenes were so orchestrated that they looked like ballet or Broadway instead of an actual fight. Some scenes looked like low-level CGI like where the helicopter was blown up by a rocket launcher. I understand it's a show on the CW so it's budget is only go so high, but maybe use a scale model of objects with real effects? And finally, some dramatic romance plots like Roy's and Thea's made me bang my head against a wall (I love how Sin calls Roy Abercrombie).

It's really just nit-picky stuff. Arrow's awesome. For newcomers, the first half of season one can be stiff. Bear through it. Season 2 takes things to a whole other level. Season 3 looks very promising. So far in my opinion, the show keeps getting better and better.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WILDCAT!!!!! Train Laurel and/or Oliver and voila! JSA tie-in on a silver platter.

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

That's not going to happen, probably not until the 5 years of island flashbacks are up.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super_man_23: lol, that's exactly how it's going to go. Glad I'm not a regular viewer.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A more likeable Laurel is a must. She was fine and normal in season 1 but so annoying in season 2

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Emiko! Jeff Lemire introduced her in his run I would love to see her on the show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

Emiko! Jeff Lemire introduced her in his run I would love to see her on the show.

I'm not entirely sure how she'd work in the show's continuity.

tximinoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kill/Less Laurel -No one need her anymore, Oliver has prove time and time again she's never been his true love interest so just get rid of her already

2. Less Officer Lance -Again, a character that does nothing to the show, if he had a Gordon/Batman relationship with Green Arrow I will understand to keep him, but they don't have that so either you start giving him cop problems or you get rid of him once and for all

3. Less Roy/Change Roy -Another character that they should either get rid off or change completely. I actually have the hope that he will change this season now that Oliver's sister is not around (and luckily that will mean less teenage CW bullshit)

4. More villains BUT not in a "monster of the week way" -I will love if they introduce more villains and if the storys start being two part episodes, that will allow the writers to get deeper into these villains and their relationship with Oliver and his crew (the best example of this -even if he has never been in a two part episode- is Deadshot. They took the time to give him a backstory -kind of- and he works fine)

With those changes I will be happy. If the show is closer to episodes like the last two from last season or the "three ghosts" one (and I need these changes will make that happen) it will improve a lot.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bloggerboy

After Season 2 (which was a farce towards the end) I probably won't give the show another chance but man does this show need some actual substance. Feels more like a catalogue to the DC universe than an actual show.

I'm not a pigeon so those bread crump references, wink-winks and nods to the source material are not going to make me full. Especially since the "characters" on the show always change their positions based on the opposition for drama.

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet:

Goo Man!!!! yes, lots of Wildcat action goin on, one of my favourite dc characters n very underused, gurrrr!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#17  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

You know what I really want? Even though I love the show and Oliver Quinn in it, I really would like Green Arrow to be more fun and snarky like the comics. In the show, he is always too serious and BATMAN like. Making jokes and being charismatic is one of Green Arrow's big characteristic.

No Caption Provided

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

#18  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23
cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I meant Good not Goo!! oh n I want the goatee!!

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Characters that need to show up in S3:

- Wildcat

- Richard Dragon

- Brick

- Blood Rose & Midas

- Killer Moth

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Just because a superhero is dark and brooding automatically means he's being like Batman. I'll take note of that. I guess no one read Mike Grell's Green Arrow.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#22  Edited By StMichalofWilson

You know what I really want? Even though I love the show and Oliver Quinn in it, I really would like Green Arrow to be more fun and snarky like the comics. In the show, he is always too serious and BATMAN like. Making jokes and being charismatic is one of Green Arrow's big characteristic.

No Caption Provided

QFT!

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I want to see more Felicity, glasses and all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because a superhero is dark and brooding automatically means he's being like Batman. I'll take note of that. I guess no one read Mike Grell's Green Arrow.

I just re-read the first six issues of it (in TPB form) today).

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By dernman

An evergrowing universe

That's always a good thing. Just as long as it doesn't lose it's own feel.

More Green Arrow, less Batman

Agreed.

More of the Suicide Squad

Agreed, Also it would be nice if they evolved as a team and story. Maybe even member change. They are the Suicide Squad after all.

A more tactical Oliver

Agreed some times it seems like he has a serious lack of thinking especially when he's taking on characters where he's the underdog.

Likable Laurel

I'm not sure that's even possible at this point.

Other notes

Not looking forward to the direction I hear the sister is going in.

His team is starting to feel too big.

I know people want the GA/felicity hook up but I think that is bad for long term

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By J_HickmanIsGod

am i the only one who thinks the acting in this show is really terrible at times.....

the writing is amazing though. the acting however...aside from a few of them is like hit or miss a lot of the episodes.

all that aside i am stoked for Season3, regardless of the direction they take it

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@johnny_blaze said:

Oliver feeling the weight of what he's been through and what he continues to face isn't what draws parallels to Batman -- it's some of his actions and the narratives he's put in. To imply they aren't blatantly drawing inspiration from Batman in several scenes would honestly be baffling to me.

@jj_was_here said:

Why does everyone hate Laurel. She was just going through some shiz.

It's how she was handled. She was faced with bad scenario after bad scenario and never did anything redeeming to make us sympathize or make us want to root for her. Thankfully, she was far more likable towards the end of the recent season.

@timelord said:

I'd love to see that but I think it's too similar to what's going on with Thea.

@anjales said:

Characters that need to show up in S3:

- Wildcat

- Richard Dragon

- Brick

- Blood Rose & Midas

- Killer Moth

Yes!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@captainmarvel4ever said:

This.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By J_HickmanIsGod

Katie Cassidy if by any chance you read this, I'm sorry but you need to work on your delivery, and learn to emote better.

the girl who plays Felicity too lacks some delivery as well. i laugh at her a lot, in a bad way

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Batman.

KouNurasaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree on most things posted here. Deadshot is one of the more interesting side characters introduced and both his actor and his portrayal are so awesome. Definitely a break out character in my opinion.

I agree about nixing some of the Batman stuff. I'd be completely fine if Ra's didn't show up for a while, and we got to see Ollie being Ollie. I do like the darker and edgier version of Ollie, as I feel it fits the show a bit better, but they could tone down the Batman-esque brooding a bit. You could introduce it gradually, showing that Ollie was so tense all the time because of of Slade and what not. Now that he has moved past that, maybe he can be Oliver instead of pent up angst. Not to mention, the show has enough angst ridden characters in Laurel, Roy, and Thea. Ollie can be a bit more chipper and it wouldn't injure the dynamic any.

Tactics agreed as well. I'd like to see a more evasive Ollie versus a more fight focused Ollie. CQC should be his last resort.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j_hickmanisgod: That's more the directors though telling her to be like that, because while she can be annoying in some scenes, she's not a bad actor. Just like how Stephen Amell in real life is a really fun energetic guy, while in the show he is a living plank of wood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

am i the only one who thinks the acting in this show is really terrible at times.....

the writing is amazing though. the acting however...aside from a few of them is like hit or miss a lot of the episodes.

all that aside i am stoked for Season3, regardless of the direction they take it

I've seen more complaints about the acting than anything else.

(I've never complained about it, because it's not always easy for me to recognize good and bad acting)

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Definitely would be nice to start calling him Green Arrow. And move him into a more tactical and less broody mentality. Amell seems like he can pull off a more comical and light-hearted Ollie. Why not give it a try?

The Suicide Squad bored me to tears the first time around, so I'm fine with not seeing them for a while.

I'd love to see some mythos building. If they want to focus on Ra's this season (preferable different from Neason), that's fine. But plant thes seeds for these Green Arrow villains (Komodo, Cupid, Merlyn, Vertigo) to be potential big bads in the future.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Actually the show has a lot of good actors, but the directors often try to hard to make them fit into the tone of the show.

Also don't sweat it, I had trouble recognizing bad acting too, but over time it gets easier to spot, which is both good and bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Yeah I really did not her character, or the actor playing her. I've only seen episodes here and there, and I remember one of her episodes being really really bad.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All good suggestions, but on the subject of Liam Neeson being too expensive, he did voice Qui-Gon in two episodes of Clone Wars.

Not saying its likely he'll play the part, but its maybe not as far off as it sounds

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DROP OLIVER X FELICITY!!! I expect to see stuff like this on tumblr or something, but it's a little weird when people here ship relationships....especially one as boring and cliche as Oliver and Felicity.

Oliver needs to be less brooding, and more charismatic and fun. The same goes for Roy. That kid always looked mad, but now that Thea is gone he should really lighten up.

Diggle needs to be used more as well. Last season he seemed more like a sideline character compared to when he was first introduced.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By hyperman

1. Olliver and Roy may find comfort together. Their partner relationship may turn into a lovers relationship, whay can't the be a couple? at least they should share a kiss.

2. Perhaps Laurel could die, and Sara then changes her name into Dinah laurel Lance to honour her sister´s memory.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom spinoff series.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Wolverine008

Damn good stuff K4tz. I'm personally looking forward to more of the Suicide Squad, especially Deadshot.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Seriously... I couldn't agree with you anymore.

- TAS

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm betting Arrow's creators never read that run either.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

all things should have more suicide squad in them.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Yes! Please stop being a Batman show. Nolan's stuff was perfection and all, but go your own way!

kleo_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kleo_94

I want to see Nightwing there.

(IT'S NOT BATMAN OKAY)

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a big Arrow fan, I can vouch for this.

HarlowC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things I want to see in Arrow: Season 3:

1. A true partnership forming with Ollie and Roy;

2. Lady Shiva in the flashbacks;

3. Ted Grant training Laurel to be a great fighter;

4. A Ra's and Malcolm Merlyn flashback;

5. An episode showing how Sara became part of the League of Assassins;

6. Boxing Glove arrow!!!;

7. H.I.V.E;

8. A mention of other heroes such as Superman and Batman;

9. Roy going to Bludhaven and running into Nightwing. Form a friendship and lay seeds for the Titans'

10. Thea finding out that Ollie is Arrow;

11. Suicide Squad getting a new member who calls herself 'Oracle' but is never seen just heard;

12. Richard Dragon and The Question (Vic Sage) appearance;

13. Cheshire makes an appearance;

14. The League of Assassins vs the Suicide Squad

15. A Roy Harper and Barry Allen scene;

16. A Black Canary and Katana fight;

17. Thea to become Artemis, and battles Roy/Arsenal;

18. Ray Palmer in his Atom costume

19. More scenes with Ollie and Slade (in Slade's cell);

20. The city start calling Arrow by his full title 'Green Arrow'.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

He will be called Green Arrow when the show is over.